ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray expected to decide in June

Well it was well documented he and his dad were here...your question sounded like you were skeptical

I was wondering that too. I thought there was a chance that everyone had found out but had joined a conspiracy of silence and refused to post about it.

Who told Md about the conspiracy?? We had all agreed not to do that....told you he would spill it

After seeing his tweet saying he is just enjoying the process it doesn't sound like he will be making a decision any time soon. I still think he's staying in 2016, but that's just a guess.

After seeing his tweet saying he is just enjoying the process it doesn't sound like he will be making a decision any time soon. I still think he's staying in 2016, but that's just a guess.

LOL he isn't staying in 2016 regardless as you don't decide NOT to play AAU if you are waiting til 2016 especially with how hot he is right now in the stock of NBA scouts. Either he plays college this year or not at all and goes to the draft a year from now.

We will learn of Murray's decision for centuries to come. It will be studied in every school curriculum throughout the state.

Reactions: bigc45157
LOL he isn't staying in 2016 regardless as you don't decide NOT to play AAU if you are waiting til 2016 especially with how hot he is right now in the stock of NBA scouts. Either he plays college this year or not at all and goes to the draft a year from now.

That to me seems like the most logical reason as to why it seems like he will reclassify. I agree, either he plays college bball this year or he never plays in college. From a branding standpoint, you would think he would want to play in college. Also, from a competitive stand point too as he seems really competitive.

He's trying to decide now whether it's worth the risk to go to UK and try to build his brand even more, or take the Dante Exum route, where you burst on the scene and then basically disappear for a year until the draft rolls around. So yes, he'll be in the NBA next year, regardless. It's a matter of whether that's after one year at UK or one year laying low.

You can only take so many official visits so I doubt it he just did it for kicks and giggles.

He's trying to decide now whether it's worth the risk to go to UK and try to build his brand even more, or take the Dante Exum route, where you burst on the scene and then basically disappear for a year until the draft rolls around. So yes, he'll be in the NBA next year, regardless. It's a matter of whether that's after one year at UK or one year laying low.

While it's true he could choose the Exum path, I doubt the will for the reason that he's not on Exum's level from a draft stock standpoint. Exum was considered a top 5 pick in the 10 months or so leading up till the draft. While Murray could eventually mirror the same status, presently he's considered a top 20 to 25 pick next summer. He needs to build his status a bit, and Kentucky would very likely help in that regard.

Well, he did just start following Dakari Johnson and Dominique Hawkins on Twitter yesterday. It seemed to be a good sign for Diallo to KU once he started following Perry Ellis on Twitter, so I'm going to say this is a positive sign for UK.

Longer this drags out, odds are he will not come early. Look at Thornton at Duke, he is all ready a done deal. You know he will make other visits, you never know what a kid is thinking.

Longer this drags out, odds are he will not come early. Look at Thornton at Duke, he is all ready a done deal. You know he will make other visits, you never know what a kid is thinking.

blackboard_already_all_ready.jpg

This, AAU helps your recruiting stock, and you NBA draft stock up, so why would he give that up in the off season unless he is reclassifying?

His dad said they don't like all of the attention and to be bothered by the media. Any rumors hear probably just that because they are a clandestine bunch.

Another positive is hearing how competitive Jamal is in everything he does and how he hates to lose. He would lose less here than anywhere else.

Yeah, I don't get that. I had heard he wanted to be the #1 pick, but I assumed he meant the 2016 draft. This quote makes it sound like he is not going to reclassify and then play college next year, which seems at odds with the prevailing wisdom so far. Perhaps the quote means nothing and he was just saying that because he hasn't reclassified yet. Doubt we can really read anything into it.

I hope so, seems like a waste to go on visits a year in advance. I am glad we got our visit first.

UCONN would be the fit. UK has 2 PGs and the competitor for the #1 pick.

Would love for him to come here but they system at UCONN is set for Murray to come in and lead them in assists and points.

Would love for him to come here but they system at UCONN is set for Murray to come in and lead them in assists and points.

Huh?

UCONN has Rodney Purvis returning and just landed graduate transfer Sterling Gibbs who is eligible immediately, both are extremely good PG's.

So having 2 PGs excludes UK from the running, but somehow makes UCONN the likely landing spot for Murray??

Last edited:

Why did Murray say that him, Briscoe and Ulis would complement each other and having 3 points wasn't even brought up during his visit because of the insignificance of it.

Murray himself does not even know what he projects as in the NBA yet.

UConn has Jalen Adams, and that PG transfer from the Big East that averaged like 16 points and 5 assists. You were saying?

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT