ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray expected to decide in June

I was going to start a new thread, but thought I would just add this in here. I had a chance to talk to one of the assistant coaches at Oregon yesterday for a long time (he is a good friend of my boss who hosted a small BBQ yesterday). He's a great guy and we just enjoyed talking college basketball amongst other things. He did not know I was a UK fan when I asked him (turns out his wife is born and raised in Lexington and a UK grad) how they were doing with Murray. I didn't know if he would say anything or not, but the first thing he said was, "If I had to guess right now, he's either going to Kentucky or staying in the 2016 class". He could have been playing it cool and not really talking about it, but he was pretty open about a lot of stuff, so no reason for me to think he was just throwing something out there. Just thought I would pass it along.

Thanks, BT.

For those who don't know BT works at Oregon so his info is legit.

and with the recent decision to provide a commitment, he's wanting to get on-campus at UK with the rest of the players when they start rolling in June 6!

[banana]
Don't think he is gonna finish his course load for high school by then. And June 6 starts summer 2 session at UK meaning he would have to enroll by fall classes, so August.

Latest info has Murray making the decision "by June". If this is the case we should all know soon and that would bode well for UK IMO---indy

"Best Fit" = Where I can start at PG and play 30+ minutes
Latest info has Murray making the decision "by June". If this is the case we should all know soon and that would bode well for UK IMO---indy
Well that's only 6 more days. Has to bode well for UK, if true. He wouldn't be able to take many more visits in that short amount of time.

With the way everything has come out and the timing of it all, I would be shocked if he goes anywhere else but UK. I know this class is funny, but I don't think we miss on this kid with the rosters on his other high interest schools. It really is the perfect fit for both parties and hopefully Jamal's camp shares the same vision.

Reactions: true blue1
Don't think he is gonna finish his course load for high school by then. And June 6 starts summer 2 session at UK meaning he would have to enroll by fall classes, so August.

What are you basing this belief in? Do you have some knowledge of his progress towards reclassifying?

Name three guards on the same UK team more touted than Murray, Briscoe and Ulis.

Last edited:
I was going to start a new thread, but thought I would just add this in here. I had a chance to talk to one of the assistant coaches at Oregon yesterday for a long time (he is a good friend of my boss who hosted a small BBQ yesterday). He's a great guy and we just enjoyed talking college basketball amongst other things. He did not know I was a UK fan when I asked him (turns out his wife is born and raised in Lexington and a UK grad) how they were doing with Murray. I didn't know if he would say anything or not, but the first thing he said was, "If I had to guess right now, he's either going to Kentucky or staying in the 2016 class". He could have been playing it cool and not really talking about it, but he was pretty open about a lot of stuff, so no reason for me to think he was just throwing something out there. Just thought I would pass it along.

wink_zpslxkhgp3q.gif
This makes me feel......well....you know.

Name three guards at UK more highly touted than Murray, Briscoe and Ulis.

There are some good ones out there. Off the top of my head, I would say the Davender, Chapman, Blackmon trio was pretty highly touted. As was the Dwight Anderson, Derrick Hord, Dirk Minniefield trio.

Twins were a little overrated imo.

Still highly touted though. That said, you'd have the top point guard in the past 2 classes (remaining in college), and potentially the top shooting guard of this class on next year's team if Murray reclasses.

With the way everything has come out and the timing of it all, I would be shocked if he goes anywhere else but UK. I know this class is funny, but I don't think we miss on this kid with the rosters on his other high interest schools. It really is the perfect fit for both parties and hopefully Jamal's camp shares the same vision.

I would agree, but this recruiting class is strange. At any moment, I'm expecting Rod Sterling to give some ethereal narrative on how Diallo, Newman, Brown, Zimmerman and Murray are really pig people.

images

Reactions: BillionthUKFan
He also wants to win and he wants to be the top pick.

If he's smart, he knows where he will get the best opportunity to realize those dreams.

Not sure anyone on this message board knows what his TRUE intentions are and what he values and in what order. He's the type of player that can give a number of teams a shot to win it all, and being the top pick if he goes and does his thing that will take care of its self.

Not sure anyone on this message board knows what his TRUE intentions are and what he values and in what order. He's the type of player that can give a number of teams a shot to win it all, and being the top pick if he goes and does his thing that will take care of its self.

On his list, who gives him the best shot at both?

Look past the hate and answer truthfully.

Be careful what u post, don't want to hurt your contact or his school. Back in the early 90's we were recruiting Chris Webber and I used to ask Billy Donovan about how it was going with him and he always refused to talk about it and would constantly play dumb like he never heard of him. Billy was the lead assistant in recruitin him to UK, I said something to Pitino about it and he told me that it was one of the rules that they couldn't talk about uncommitted recruits if he did so it could get them in hot water with the NCAA.

I'm sure the rules are still the same today as they were back then.

Are you really a card fan and posting this?? That's a first lol

Still highly touted though. That said, you'd have the top point guard in the past 2 classes (remaining in college), and potentially the top shooting guard of this class on next year's team if Murray reclasses.

Who is the top pg of the last two classes?

Recent decision to provide a commitment?? What?? Please explain!!

It's all just speculation! I have no information.

But before he visited, there was never any talk of a commitment date.

But after he visited, now, there is going to be a commitment in June!

I say that is so he can get on-campus with the rest of the team that will start showing up on campus June 6!

It's all just speculation! I have no information.

But before he visited, there was never any talk of a commitment date.

But after he visited, now, there is going to be a commitment in June!

I say that is so he can get on-campus with the rest of the team that will start showing up on campus June 6!

Gotcha! I was just curious as to what you meant. Thanks for clarifying.

Really think with Murray we go from a fair chance to win it all to a very good chance to win it all. And with the addition of Murray and a big slug that can rebound and defend the rim some to a great chance to win it all.

Are you really a card fan and posting this?? That's a first lol

Yes I am. Me personally my ULTIMATE goal would be to get to the NBA and get paid. Honestly I believe that is 95% of these guys goals. If you ultimate goal is to make money playing pro basketball rather it's overseas or in the NBA college just isn't going to be that inportant to you. I know some families value education, and some families (as Rozier) are living in awful neighborhood and barely getting by. I personally can't fault a guy for going after the money when his mother is working 3 jobs or living in the projects.

Reactions: Brando Mac
I think the Murray's really like Kentucky and will ultimately wind up there.I think hes just finishing up his schoolwork.

I'm not concerned with how they were touted. I'm talking about production on the court. That back court was the core of two teams that spent a lot of time ranked #1 and dominated the SEC, two #1 seeds in the NCAAT.

Fair enough. I don't disagree about their production, pretty amazing but the question was has there ever been any as highly touted. Not any with better production. That's all I was saying.

ADVERTISEMENT