Who is Jordan Ivey Curry?
It's a competitors site so no link

Jordan Ivy-Curry
(UTSA)

Position: Point Guard

Portal Rankings: Three-star, No. 302 overall, No. 53 point guard

Height/Weight: 6-foot-3/175

Years of remaining eligibility: 1

What to know: The UTSA transfer told 24/7 High School hoops that Kentucky reached out March 26 joining a list of suitors that also includes Auburn, Xavier, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Texas A&M, LSU, Seton Hall, Ole Miss, Penn State, Arizona State and Boston College. Ivy-Curry, a 6-foot-3 guard from La Marque, Texas, averaged 7.2 points per game as a freshman while shooting 40.1 percent from the field and 37.5 percent from three. He also added 1.5 assists and 2.8 rebounds per game as he earned C-USA All-Freshman Team honors. As a sophomore, he averaged 13.9 points per game, shooting 34.7 percent from the field, 33.8 percent from three and added both 2.3 rebounds and assists per game. He transferred to Pacific for his junior season of 2022-23 and averaged 10.3 points per game while shooting a career-best 42.2 percent from the field but after the year, re-entered the transfer portal and landed back at UTSA. This past season with the Roadrunners he averaged a career-high 17.1 points per game, shot 40.1 percent from the field, 38.7 percent from three, dished 3.0 assists per game and averaged a career-high 5.2 rebounds per game. Ivy-Curry committed to Virginia Tech but has since re-opened his portal recruitment.

Jordan Ivy-Curry
(UTSA)

What to know: The UTSA transfer told 24/7 High School hoops that Kentucky reached out March 26 joining a list of suitors that also includes Auburn, Xavier, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Texas A&M, LSU, Seton Hall, Ole Miss, Penn State, Arizona State and Boston College. Ivy-Curry, a 6-foot-3 guard from La Marque, Texas, averaged 7.2 points per game as a freshman while shooting 40.1 percent from the field and 37.5 percent from three. He also added 1.5 assists and 2.8 rebounds per game as he earned C-USA All-Freshman Team honors. As a sophomore, he averaged 13.9 points per game, shooting 34.7 percent from the field, 33.8 percent from three and added both 2.3 rebounds and assists per game. He transferred to Pacific for his junior season of 2022-23 and averaged 10.3 points per game while shooting a career-best 42.2 percent from the field but after the year, re-entered the transfer portal and landed back at UTSA. This past season with the Roadrunners he averaged a career-high 17.1 points per game, shot 40.1 percent from the field, 38.7 percent from three, dished 3.0 assists per game and averaged a career-high 5.2 rebounds per game. Ivy-Curry committed to Virginia Tech but has since re-opened his portal recruitment.
Ty sir

Jordan Ivy-Curry
(UTSA)

So was he a three star coming into college? Or they rate him as a 3 star now? Kinda confusing.

If MeManBoy is Marc Maggard, as often alleged, I’ll put more weight on a poster with an AAU source. Dude didn’t exactly bat 1.000 back in the day. Message board “old-timers” will certainly attest.
For sure, and got old reading his reply’s defending himself. A blast from blonde tips.

Am I missing something? Seems like an ok player, but I'm not sure why some of y'all are getting the Jergens ready.
For me it’s the 98% on catch and shoot 3s. That means there was only about 10ish players higher than him in all of cbb last season. (Rough Math estimate check: 5000 D1 bball players. Avg 8man rotations. 5000/8=625. 625x0.02=12.5. So #5-15 keeps him in the 98%; top 5 would make him 99%)

The “shifty” description is also enticing to me bc I don’t know if we have that type of clear space and go create guy on the roster yet for those end of game final possession situations.

Am I missing something? Seems like an ok player, but I'm not sure why some of y'all are getting the Jergens ready.
He looks like a potentially nice complimentary piece to Butler in the backcourt.

You get Butler, Ivy-Curry, Chandler, Perry as your backcourt, with Oweh and Robinson at the 3. Carr at the 4. Williams, Osobor at the 5.

That's a pretty solid nine man rotation. Probably not a Final Four squad, but competitive and enough to win 25 games or so in year one.

I'll take that.

He looks like a potentially nice complimentary piece to Butler in the backcourt.

You get Butler, Ivy-Curry, Chandler, Perry as your backcourt, with Oweh and Robinson at the 3. Carr at the 4. Williams, Osobor at the 5.

That's a pretty solid nine man rotation. Probably not a Final Four squad, but competitive and enough to win 25 games or so in year one.

I'll take that.
That team would likely fare better than this year’s squad.

I'll take that.
What about Brea?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT