ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky Game #1

7-1 after 3. We've left 5 on base. Candy complying with 0 left on base. Hit into a double play. They got a lead off home run to start the game but Pooser doing OK since.

Pooser plunked Austin right in the ribs with one out in the 4th.

8-4 Pooser giving up 2 HR's with no outs and a fielder's choice scoring a runner at 3rd. Manages to get a called 3rd strike for the 3rd out. He may be done.

Burkes gets a double and an RBI scoring Waldschmidt from 3rd with 2 outs in the bottom of the 5th. 9-4

Hogan replaces Pooser in the 6th. Gives up a bunt single but strikes out 3 to end the top of the 6th. Really good pitches. Vandy hitters all look like Tarzan but have been hitting like Jane for the most part. They really look the part though. Definitely athletes. Their outfield covers a ton of ground very quickly.

Daly tries to steal 2nd and is out by a mile to end the bottom of the 6th.

Vandy pitcher starts getting the high strike call in the bottom of the 7th took out two of our batters with the surprise high "strike" out of the zone at the wrong time. I hate that. I've seen that in multiple games where that pitch starts getting called late. Makes me think the ump has a dinner reservation.

Nove comes in and gets us out of the top of the 8th. I have no idea what happened with the first batter since I was seeing nothing but that darn windows circle but he struck him out, gave up solid single to left with a mistake pitch over the plate, then closes it out with a pop fly and a weak infield pop up. We have 3 more outs to set the Kentucky record for SEC regular season wins.

Reactions: RogerIndy
I wonder if Nove will pitch the 9th. If he is, I am sure he will be kept on a short list.

Lopez homers to right center after Burkes flew out in the bottom of the 8th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT