ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Originally posted by drxman1:

Anybody heard from Tommy?
Not sure why it says Winston-Salem, NC...the shooting was in Goldsboro, about 2.5 hours from the CC I work at. Scary stuff though. There are definitely a few students I worry about, all are watched pretty carefully by campus police.

Originally posted by SAECATFAN:

Would be great if everyone could break down their bowling style in the next couple of pages. Thanks.
Thought it was part of BBDK's plan to get bowlers to out themselves. Thought bowling was for the poors.

Starting to really think we are going to have trouble scoring next year. Lee and Poythress should each improve some but neither are consistent /skilled offensive weapons. Lee will always be a role player and Poythress should be a great finisher but he's not a skilled playmaker. Both should be really good defensive players.

Love me some Ulis but I think he will struggle some in a half court setting where teams can gameplan more against him. Don't think he will get the same looks as this past year when teams focused more on the players around him and had to defend us straight up.

Going to have play faster to get more possessions and play to Ulis's strengths in finding the man in the open court.

Some of my concern of course could change if we land an actual real small forward in Brown and grab some of these other undecided players to add more skilled depth.

How the hell could anyone know if we will be able to score or not next year when we don't have a clue who will be on the roster.

Valid point, Booker. Sure it could change and I get there's a ton of variables depending on who we finish out with.

Guess I've just been focusing on what we know.

Don't have a good feeling about Brown nor Newman.

bowling-o.gif

-Kudos to UK for the Norman Greenbaum cameo in the football scrimmage highlight video. Nice.

-Watched the 2014 highlights on youtube. Man, that was a pretty fun season all the way up to the Mississippi State game. The returned onside kick to be exact.

-Basketball season seemed to erase the bad memory of that UofL game. Touch, that loss sucked.

Anyhow, got my big blue blood flowing again. Now we wait.
ohwell.r191677.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Izo6PzmrQsw

This tech wouldn't even get a second look today.

Shaq & Dale was pretty darn good. I always liked Dale Brown even though he beat us at some very inopportune times. He seemed to always say what was on his mind and didn't care what others thought of it.

Not sure who mentioned it, maybe Joey I think, but that Danger 5 show on Netflix is hilarious. Weird as hell, kind of a 60's throwback, but had me in stitches.

So thanks, and kill Hitler.

Originally posted by UK_Memphis:
Shaq & Dale was pretty darn good. I always liked Dale Brown even though he beat us at some very inopportune times. He seemed to always say what was on his mind and didn't care what others thought of it.
Had forgotten Shaq put up a cool 28p, 15r & 5b per game his sophomore season.
laugh.r191677.gif
And then came back for one more year.

Originally posted by Booker Noe:
How the hell could anyone know if we will be able to score or not next year when we don't have a clue who will be on the roster.
laugh.r191677.gif

FYI: we're also about 2 weeks away from the first edition of Bracketology, and, man, UK got like so screwed! /pointless analysis

* This should surprise noone...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12685376/lawrence-phillips-former-nfl-running-back-suspected-killing-prison-cellmate

Lawrence Phillips killed his cellmate, while serving 31-year sentence for all kinds of stuff.

* Turns out we'll be in Key West in June during Pride Week. Sweet. Clothing optional parade, ftw!!

* Klay Thompson with 26 in the 2nd quarter, and 37 in the 1st half last night. Pretty good start to the game.

* Tickets are purchased --> Yanks/Sox, Les Miserables, Kinky Boots.

I feel like '15 may be there year where the McPTIs catapault past the Schempregris in the GYERO traveling hierarchy.

* Nice walked-off loss in 10 innings last night for the Reds. This is going to be a long, miserable season. Cross your fingers and pray we get a nice return for Johnny Cueto.

Avenue Q (Off Broadway now, just around the corner) still remains my favorite, Dennis nailed that rec. Still haven't seen a 'bad' Broadway show though, whether in NYC or Louisville. Always a great night.

-Louisville False Hussies taking the NBA Fantasy championship...yet again. I pretty much run that league.

-Slim pickings already for Houston Hotel Rooms. Thanks, NCAA.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
) will shut any/all hopes down as far as that goes. $150 per night ($126 for regular room), no prepay, cancel up until 3/31/16...so nice to at least have something in place.

-I'm thirsty anyways................so bring on the rainnnnnnnnnnnnn!
indifferent.r191677.gif

-Gary Clark Jr. coming to Iroquois Amphitheater in June, just down the street from the crib. Wodie. That's really a pretty awesome little place, and seems to get more/better acts each summer.

Seems like the kinda place that could get Sturgill at some point, maybe?

-Kanter with 27 & 13 last night. He's absolutely crushing it, lines like that are becoming seemingly normal for that guy of late -- glad he finally found his home.

-Love all things Ginger (except Harmon) of late. Those Kombucha Ginger Ade drinks are awesome, and Wodie Sloot approved.

-You ever go out to the NOLA PGA Tour stop, Ursch? Seems like a no-brainer, and that you'd have all sorts of corporate perks out there for that, no?

...on that note, be fun to do a group Hilton Head trip, and hit up the Heritage a day or two. Have a feeling the 'group trip' window may have closed for this bunch though. #kids
frown.r191677.gif

-early

Houston has a BAZILLION hotel rooms, and NOTHING near the stadium, so that's crazy if the NCAA has everything locked up. Downtown is 30 minutes from the stadium (like Dallas), and there literally is nothing around the stadium. I think there's a Taco Bell.

It's like Dallas, with a worse stadium and worse traffic.

- Had been almost a year since we had to put down our dog so the wife was ready to get another. We are now the proud owners of the worlds laziest mutt. He's a shelter dog (so he's only approx 35% as good as a purebred) but he'll be a good lapdog for her.

- First long bike ride of the year last night. Felt great yet awful/uncomfortable for the most part.

- SEC Network needs significantly less softball. Significantly.

The Final Four and NCAA can both EAD.

Think I will be planning my schedule for second round and regionals.

Scout.com stepped up an is sending that 12 year old & his family to Maui -- who beat out 11.5 million to win ESPN's Bracket Contest, where the price was a trip to Maui or a 20K Best Buy gift card.

...he wasn't 18 years old, so ESPN sent him a 'swag bag' instead.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Pretty cool.

-So, 'Sole Man' is pretty much guaranteed to be a Top 5 30/30, right?

Oh, and
laugh.r191677.gif
at Yogi and fam scheduling a date of April 25th, to announce his decision at "an exclusive dinner at Ruth's Chris"

Everything about the program is just sad & pathetic.

Dan Dakich @dandakich
Anyone see how Duke, UNC, UK, UCLA, Kansas handled NBA early entry athletes? That used to be a group IU was included in...NOW? Ridiculous.

Originally posted by SAECATFAN:
Originally posted by wildcat1973:

It's like Dallas, with a worse stadium and worse traffic.
Sounds dope. Be interesting to see if we can drop another semi-final game there to an inferior opponent.
4 seed and bounced by 1 seed UNC in Sweet 16. Can't wait.

This post was edited on 4/14 9:21 AM by ctharris07

Originally posted by B.B.d.K.:
SAE's little bitch act is pretty pathetic as well, may wanna take the summer off you little pussy.
happy0014.r191677.gif

Maggard says we have "as much or more" talent than 9 of the 12 teams on the schedule, and that 2 of the other 3 are home games. He didn't specify, but I'm guessing the 3 are Florida, Georgia and Auburn.

LaLa - W
@ USC - L
UF - L
Mizzou - W
EKU - W
AU - L
@ MSU - L
UT - L
@ UGA - L
@Vandy - W
Charlotte - W
UofL - ?

Have a hard time seeing which of those^ losses could be wins.

USC? Not at their place. Florida? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 29 times in a row, shame on me. AU? LOL. MSU? Too many horses. Tennessee is doable, but they're bringing in a lot of talent.Georgia? Of course not.
If we go into that Louisville game needing a win to get to a bowl... heavens.

Originally posted by B.B.d.K.:

-Kanter with 27 & 13 last night. He's absolutely crushing it, lines like that are becoming seemingly normal for that guy of late -- glad he finally found his home.
He's sooooo good offensively and soooooooo bad defensively. Legitimately might be the worst defensive big in the league. He's gonna get paid next year but not sure it's gonna be in OKC.

Houston was an interesting setup in 2011. Stayed close to downtown in the River Oaks area. Was really nice but then you go a block or two over and it was kind of shaky. The zoning laws in that city are messed up.

That area near the stadium was no man's land. There's a major hospital complex run by Baylor, Reliant Satdium, the old Astro Dome and then nothing but parking lots. Think there was maybe one hotel. Didn't see any bars.

The regional at YUM could be huge for this team in terms of getting whatever advantage possible to get back to the Final Four.

Watched the Hoop Summit last night.

Always take these games with a grain of salt but this game is always the most competitive & no matter the game a skillset is a skillset.

Briscoe seems to have a great feel for the game like your typical NYC guard. You can tell he's really good at getting to the rim. That hesitation move will shake some fools. He could be a bulldog on defense.

Skal.. He's so fluid. Love how he bends down low with his legs and rises up really high on his face up jumper. Great touch. Pick and pop with Ulis for days.

Want Brown so badly. Man, what an athlete and finisher. Fearless. True wing.

Briscoe does need to get to Lex and work on that body a bit. Love his wingspan, tho.

Rank the roadies next year:

Champions Classic vs Duke in Chicago
USF in Miami
UCLA at Pauley in LA
Ohio State at the Barclay's in NYC

NYC > LA (just b/c I've never been) > Chicago, although we do have the same suite/group for Chicago, per Ms. Bayens cousin who was in Indy. That's a good time.

0% chance I even consider Miami, regardless of opponent.

Is that super duper Nike Event for all the major/elite Nike teams still on for Portland one year? Haven't heard anything about it since it was first mentioned a few years ago.

This post was edited on 4/14 10:29 AM by B.B.d.K.

Originally posted by woodfordandwater:
Maggard says we have "as much or more" talent than 9 of the 12 teams on the schedule, and that 2 of the other 3 are home games. He didn't specify, but I'm guessing the 3 are Florida, Georgia and Auburn.

LaLa - W
@ USC - L
UF - L
Mizzou - W
EKU - W
AU - L
@ MSU - L
UT - L
@ UGA - L
@Vandy - W
Charlotte - W
UofL - ?

Have a hard time seeing which of those^ losses could be wins.

USC? Not at their place. Florida? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 29 times in a row, shame on me. AU? LOL. MSU? Too many horses. Tennessee is doable, but they're bringing in a lot of talent.Georgia? Of course not.
If we go into that Louisville game needing a win to get to a bowl... heavens.
Freddie was maybe being a little too optimistic and excited based on what he has seen this Spring. I'd say on UK's '15 schedule the 3 teams definitely with more talent are Auburn, Georgia, and Tennessee.

Based on their spring practice reports Florida is going to be AWFUL. And nobody says it because Steve Superior is such a saint in this sport, but they are not going to be better than the team we beat last season. Missouri is far better than both of those teams.

LaLa - W
@ USC - W
UF - W
Mizzou - L
EKU - W
AU - L
@ MSU - L
UT - L
@ UGA - L
@Vandy - W
Charlotte - W
UofL - W

Seems reasonable that we will improve to 7-5. Stoops improved us +3 wins from year 1 to year 2. +2 from year 2 to year 3 is perfectly fine to expect. People are gonna be awfully pissed when we go through another long losing streak when we hit Auburn-Miss St-Tennessee-Georgia stretch of the sched. Vandy/UNCC in November will help stem the tide.

And we will beat UL this year, lock it up. They also based on spring reports are gonna take a step back. Even the few smart reasonable UL fans who have watched them know they are not better than last years 9-3 team. They start the season losing to Auburn & Clemson in the first 3 weeks of 2015.

A long way till the season. Still can't believe we are actually going to host a Thurs night game against a big name SEC opponent. Can't comprehend what Lexington & the campus is going to be like that day/night.

^+1

i like our chances at home vs Missouri over at South Carolina though

On paper, we should have a shot against Florida. But after 3 decades of losing to them, I'm firmly in the "I'll have to see it to believe it" camp.

I'm sure the 2nd half of last season (not to mention the last 50 years) has me a little less optimistic than I otherwise would be.

Granted we lost to those scumbags in heartbreaking fashion but they way we came out fighting (literally) against UL gave me
hope for the future, especially after looking dead in the water for 4 games prior.

One thing Coach Brooks instilled was to be the more physical team than the opponent, even if they are much deeper and have better personnel. Stoops looks to be doing the same but it will take some time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT