ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Re: GYER38-0

I know it's a big basketball weekend and all, but Mad Men returns for its final run Sunday night.
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Btothe4th:

Zimmerman just screams Ole Roy white guy. He hasn't had one since Tyler H.
Besides Tyler H, what other white guys would be in their realm of talent?

Originally posted by UKAlum07:

Originally posted by Btothe4th:

Zimmerman just screams Ole Roy white guy. He hasn't had one since Tyler H.
Besides Tyler H, what other white guys would be in their realm of talent?
He actually reminds me of Zeller in that they're both big, white, finesse honks with face up game and good mobility.

Originally posted by wcc31:

E8 RANDOMS:

- I like Marv and Webber a lot, actually. Marv's an all-timer and Webber's excellent. .
Was going back and reading the locked threads from last week and ran across this.

Prolly would like a do-over on this one, I'd imagine. Webber has definitely cemented himself amongst UK fans as an eternal piece of shit and I don't see him backing off his WCS comments any time soon.

Originally posted by Dennis Reynolds:

Originally posted by B.B.d.K.:

Still considering betting against UK to essentially "pay" for a win, which I would GLADLY do obviously -- or to help pay for a busted trip if we lose.

Is that bad karma?
Yes it bad karma. And if you do it, certainly don't tell anyone about it, as you will be roundly blamed. makes sense to bet ON UL or other hated rivals, but not against UK, IMO.
Only bet I made this year was ND on the money line. Laid 200 And if we lost I got paid 1150. It's the best two hundy I have spent since a trip to Platinum Plus in 99'.

Hates Spake, loves Webber, whats's next, Chad? Holocaust denying? 911 was an inside job?

Webber's a douche bag- a liar, a cheat and an asshole.

* Shannon Spake, Brooklyn Decker, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lawrence, Zoe Saldana in no particular order.... there is a commercial for one of those cougar sites that nails what SAE is saying.

* don't care about team stream, always go with the main feed but how big of a lack of awareness do they have to put Rex on?

* ran my first half marathon Sunday... Still miserable, how do you runners do it. I think I touched up my arches seriously

* for the three hours of walking/jogging/limping I did listen to "American Sniper"... Good so far, love hearing the insight of the seals process, war, gear used/needed etc.

* Rachel Nichols is not aging well.. Nichols > Spake is Henson > Davis level

* not interested in baseball... Reds have literally stolen my joy for it, hardly even kept up last year too

* big game from Lyles Saturday

Originally posted by K-GAR:

* not interested in baseball... Reds have literally stolen my joy for it, hardly even kept up last year too
Just go to RedsZone. Beavis will vouch.

We're winning 95 games this year according to 90% of the posters there.

Originally posted by bradyjames:

Only bet I made this year was ND on the money line. Laid 200 And if we lost I got paid 1150. It's the best two hundy I have spent since a trip to Platinum Plus in 99'.
This is stupid. UK was giving 11 pts and betting against that is one thing to justify a damn loss, but you can still win money and UK can win too. Betting money line like this and saying its money well spent is just stupid... 100 on the spread and 100 on the money I get.

Congrats on on the loss though man, good job!

Brandon Ingram might be the skinniest guy I've ever seen.

Early McD Game Thoughts:

Like Diallo a lot. Same with Bryant. Lithe, athletic, long.

Trier looks like a stud.

Newman hasn't done anything yet but carries himself like a star- just the way he moves.

Not all that impressed with the overall talent.

Briscoe's Andrew type- big strong pure PG who gets to the line. Good combination with Ulis. Also has some craftiness to his game and good outside shot.

Sucks how wasted Simmons is going to be at LSU because I like his game a lot- more than Newman and Brown.

Other than having good size, Briscoe is nothing like Andrew IMO.

Dude is slick & can get wherever he wants. He'll be a 1 & done probable lotto with, his size & skillset --

Moves like Tinsley.

This post was edited on 4/1 9:44 PM by B.B.d.K.

Kid's been to the line 6x already. That's what I meant.

It's terrible.

Diamond Stone and Diallo look really good, IMO.

Clark Kellogg moves out of the studio and onto the game telecast Saturday night. What is the lesser of the two evils? Rex on the homer broadcast or Clark saying "Jim" eleventy billion times??

Woke up today feeling pretty good about this game. First time all week. Break out the Werepecker.

Going to be an epic weekend folks!

Leaving for Indy in T-Minus 60 minutes. Taking the kids to the Children's Museum today and then St. Elmo's Steakhouse for dinner tonight.(Love that place)
eek.r191677.gif

The plan is Friday to pick up our tickets, hit up bracket town, and then go watch UK's practice. I always enjoy checking out the venue before hand and scouting out seats for possible upgrades. Depending on the weather may hit up the concert Friday night, Imagine Dragon I think, but looking a little iffy with cold & rain.

Final Four gameday is always a little chaotic. I get so giddy I want to do a hundred things at once. Looking like the weather is at least going to be sunny, but pretty cool. Hopefully it will be nice enough to enjoy some of the fandom at all the pre-game activities outside the stadium. Love seeing all four fan bases outside the arena and enjoying beverages while talking possible game scenarios.

I'm still feeling really good about UK's matchup vs Wiscy. They are a hell of team and great matchup, but I think the ND game and UK's lack of defensive excellence gets these guys even more focused. This team has stepped up all year in the biggest games and I see no reason they don't do the same Saturday.

UK 75-67

The first year I have a job that gives me free Reds tickets and they're going to be a dumpster fire. Can't have it all I suppose.
ohwell.r191677.gif

Jessica Alba will always be at the top of my list, barring severe disfigurement. Throw in Jessica Biel, Eva Mendes, Sophia Bush and Kacey Musgraves to round out the top 5 in some order.

Been surprisingly calm leading up to games this tournament. Don't get real nerves until about 30 minutes before the game. I just may be becoming an adult.

Lol at the Kfund dudes leaving this morning, a full 3 days before the game. Whew, Jesus. Pace yourself, my dudes.
smile.r191677.gif

-
eek.r191677.gif
looks like we have a special visitor staying with us on Saturday. My favorite NKY ninja.

-
laugh.r191677.gif
at my boy Aposotoplooploolous last night during the McDAA game:

"this is pathetic
"these guys play NO defense, what a shitty class"
"it's ridiculous how selfish these guys are"
"this game is so sloppy, wtf is going on? These guys suck"

On one hand I have to agree. Unlike past McDAA games, last night was indeed sloppy, little defense played, and a lot of quick/bad shots.

Hopefully next year it gets back to the hyper-competitive & pretty game it's always been in the past.

-
scared0006.r191677.gif

Originally posted by ctharris07:
The first year I have a job that gives me free Reds tickets and they're going to be a dumpster fire. Can't have it all I suppose.
ohwell.r191677.gif

Jessica Alba will always be at the top of my list, barring severe disfigurement. Throw in Jessica Biel, Eva Mendes, Sophia Bush and Kacey Musgraves to round out the top 5 in some order.

Been surprisingly calm leading up to games this tournament. Don't get real nerves until about 30 minutes before the game. I just may be becoming an adult.
- Do you intentionally use "dumpster fire" in every post?

- That's a helluva Top 5. Sophia Bush is a terrific selection. Great taste, my friend.

- I'm as bad now as I was when I was 12 years old. Maybe worse.

-That McD's game was bad, but at least it didn't feature Timbaland at halftime.

-Goes without saying for all the college basketballs in here, but you can basically tell ZERO from that game. Two years ago we
laugh.r191677.gif
at Kennedy Meeks and thought he'd be an absolute bust. Now he's dropped some lbs. and is having a nice career at UNC. Can't tell anything from Jordan Brand either, obviously, but I do think the Nike Hoop Summit gives a much better glimpse of what a player can actually do. It's more structured, and they're playing against relative strangers, and repping the home country. Always a fun game to watch.

-Coaching hire winners so far: Miss. State, Tennessee. Losers: DePaul, Arizona State(assuming it's Capel). Incomplete: St. John's, Charlotte.

-If Thomas Bryant really wanted to go to IU, he would've already committed. Just waiting for the UK dominoes to fall, I'm guessing.

-
eek.r191677.gif
at the talk of Rabb/Swanigan/Brown all headed out to play for Cuonzo at Cal. Rabb makes sense, obviously, but if he can pull those other two from the other half of the country, that's saying something. They already have some decent guards. Add them to your incoming 3-4-5, that's possibly a Top 15 team.

-Usually hold off on even thinking about MLB until after the Final Four is over, but noticed yesterday that SI has my Indians winning the whole thing. And while I think that's a reach, it's at least giving me reason to read the rest of its MLB preview during lunch today.

Originally posted by wcc31:

- I'm as bad now as I was when I was 12 years old. Maybe worse.

Not even close. At 12 you're a fan, but you don't really have the sense of importance/meaning. (Yes, I know that sounds ridiculous, we're talking about kids playing a game. But it holds true)

Like I said before the tournament, it's really pretty miserable. Going to the games/sites at least gives me some level of comfort, friends, and some distraction leading up to tip. Of course, that all goes out the window when the game finally approaches.

Right now I feel like I want to throw up just thinking about the game.

-What do kids order at a place like St. Elmo's? Is there a kids menu? Honest question.

-I'm confident. F em all.

-Keeneland (Clubhouse) Saturday. I mean it's whatever. Had my fun last weekend. I do, however, need to figure out where I'm watching the game Saturday night. My inlaws don't have HD (
confused0024.r191677.gif
) but have offered to "leave me all alone" and "can serve whatever I want for dinner" if I decide to watch it there.

False, of course.

-Navy suit, black bit loafs, white shirt, blue tie btw. Going to be cool weather. Oyster poplin suit for Easter. Should be dope.

-Any scuttlebutt on the new field design at Commonwealth? This has me fairly worried.

-After Cleveland I've now seen UK win every round of the NCAA Tourney.
smokin.r191677.gif

I need a different analogy, didn't realize I had used it before.

Not sure the reason behind it, but less nerves before the games than I used to have. Saying that, I am still a complete mess right before and during the game. Some might say I'm a dumpster fire of emotions.

I guess I was just a bigger fan than you at 12. Not surprising.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT