ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman: Osobor Out

So we get good news with Garrison but some people can't stand it and immediately puts out bad news about Osobor. Why would any UK hater at least wait till something was definite? Like telling the fans that I can't stand you being happy so I'm going to report this now. Would be great if Pope took exception to this and made a public statement that Osobor is not 'out.'

Polacheck hasn't said anything on Twitter. Where's the source?

Also, Brea was Duke or UConn bound, and we're back in it. Hell, we weren't even in it for Butler or Garrison until we got them. We don't know anything about Osobor's thought process right now. Just people tossing out scuttlebutt and guesses, best I can tell.
I thought Osobar wanted to play with williams?
Seemed like a great for them.

Reactions: Girthang
We have 3 good big men now. 80 minutes at the 4s and 5.

Its tough to sell a lot of guys to come here and not play a ton potentially.

They all want the money and to start or play a ton.

Doesn't mean O won't come, just saying.

I like garrison because he has power 6 experience.

Reactions: ruppsrunt66
We have 3 good big men now. 80 minutes at the 4s and 5.

Its tough to sell a lot of guys to come here and not play a ton potentially.

They all want the money and to start or play a ton.

Doesn't mean O won't come, just saying.

I like garrison because he has power 6 experience.
Still want O, but Garrison being a rising Soph and coming in to be coached by a guy who played his position is going to set him/us up nicely for 2025!

Recruiting is picking up in the Ville....

ride em on down music video GIF by The Rolling Stones
I just came from 4th. Street Live. It's hopping over there!

Carr would be the one, if anyone, that would make Osobar reconsider or “scare” him away, not Garrison.

Reactions: NociHTTP
People looking at Garrison' stats and comparing them to Osobor's stats should do a little research. Osobor in his freshman year at MONTANA STATE, only averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds and .5 blocks per game. Garrison in the Big 12 averaged 7.5 points / 5.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. Better conference / competition, overall better numbers comparing freshman years. Osobor's sophomore year (still at Montana State) he made a huge jump, 10.1 points per game. Rebounds went slightly up 4.6 per and blocks .9 per. Once again, still at Montana State. Garrison's production came in the best conference in basketball and now he will be in the SEC. IF he makes a similar jump Osobor did, look out. Would be looking at roughly 14 points / 9 rebounds / 2.5 blocks. I do not think anyone would turn their nose up at those stats. I know I wouldn't. Hell even if he can just slightly better them, say 10-11 points / 7-8 rebounds and over 2 blocks, we will have a very solid big (literally 6-11 250 lbs.). he was a freshman playing in the Big 12, not bad numbers at all. He could end up being a very good pick up, we shall see.

Not to mention, he has THREE years remaining. Imagine getting Garrison for a JR. year, SR. year would be gravy.

Reactions: lazycat75
With the portal that means nothing.
Maybe, maybe not. it depends on how many minutes and his production at UK. IF he comes here, gets the minutes he desires and performs at a high level, I do not think he would be looking to leave. JMO.

Smfh. If this is true then it’s a major miss. Osobor was thought to be UK’s to lose. We absolutely needed a difference maker like him. This one will piss me off more than any of the misses so far if it’s true. If taking Garrison costs us getting Osobor that would be the 3rd major bone head move in the UK basketball program in the last 3-4 weeks.

Better pray it’s not because the roster is starting to look like one you’d see at Mississippi State or Texas Tech.

Smfh. If this is true then it’s a major miss. Osobor was thought to be UK’s to lose. We absolutely needed a difference maker like him. This one will piss me off more than any of the misses so far if it’s true. If taking Garrison costs us getting Osobor that would be the 3rd major bone head move in the UK basketball program in the last 3-4 weeks.

Better pray it’s not because the roster is starting to look like one you’d see at Mississippi State or Texas Tech.
Dear Debbie Downer,

Mississippi State and Texas Tech both won a game in their conference tournaments. I don’t think we did?

Texas Tech was in the championship game in 2019.

GMXj2o-VWs-AAWNns.jpg

If I were Pope I would grab the new recruits and collectively make a strong pitch to Osobor. I like to get this guy but if not we are still good.

People looking at Garrison' stats and comparing them to Osobor's stats should do a little research. Osobor in his freshman year at MONTANA STATE, only averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds and .5 blocks per game. Garrison in the Big 12 averaged 7.5 points / 5.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. Better conference / competition, overall better numbers comparing freshman years. Osobor's sophomore year (still at Montana State) he made a huge jump, 10.1 points per game. Rebounds went slightly up 4.6 per and blocks .9 per. Once again, still at Montana State. Garrison's production came in the best conference in basketball and now he will be in the SEC. IF he makes a similar jump Osobor did, look out. Would be looking at roughly 14 points / 9 rebounds / 2.5 blocks. I do not think anyone would turn their nose up at those stats. I know I wouldn't. Hell even if he can just slightly better them, say 10-11 points / 7-8 rebounds and over 2 blocks, we will have a very solid big (literally 6-11 250 lbs.). he was a freshman playing in the Big 12, not bad numbers at all. He could end up being a very good pick up, we shall see.
This is kind of how I looked at it as well. I think we Garrison could make a big jump and watching his tape I love how well he moves his feet for being that big. Great pickup

Reactions: KFuqua
We need guys like Garrison who will be here (hopefully) longer than one year.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak

What are the other two bone head moves?

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Every and I mean every college athlete on scholarship is a one and done. In all sports
Maybe as fans we should be OAD. With schools and the NCAA getting fired of having to rebuild interest in the sport every year, they'll finally get things right.

Reactions: Girthang
Not sure how you don’t throw the book at osobar, brea, and Davis when we know we could outspend Poverty programs like lville.

Something else I’ve started to wonder is how jealous and shitty do some of these kids get when they find out their buddy is making a lot more than them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT