ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman says Drew will be first (and likely only) call

Mitch Barnhart needs to go. Get a new AD in there. If this is the case and there's no other option. It's like we're getting Pat Riley to replace Eddie Sutton here. Scott Drew is a good coach and he turned a non-existent, on-the-brink-of-death program into a national champion. But there's more to it than that. Billy Clyde was a great coach. Terrible person who (at the time) was ruled by addiction. He let those addictions and a toxic personality ruin the his chance at the biggest stage possible. Tubby was a great coach but he couldn't keep up with the expectations and I'm leery of how he would have been in the one-and-done era.

I think Nate Oats is the play but he seems to be playing hard to get right now. I really, don't want it to be Scott Drew. I'll eat my words if it is and we're successful with him. I just don't see it being a good fit.

Do any of you realize what he took over at Baylor?

He won a title at Baylor. Read that again.
I know Kansas fans wanted us to hire him for various reasons, but we ended up hiring the guy that beat you with his lowly BYU team last year at Duh Phog.

Friends Leatylrs GIF - Friends Leatylrs GIFs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT