ADVERTISEMENT

Germany - Kentucky ( United States) Thread

I know we moan about the refs more than any fan base, but after a decent full game, they (two Canadian refs in Canada) really turned on the WTF around 2:47 left to allow Germany to make it appear closer than it really was. Some (most) of those calls in that cluster from 2:47 down to around :57 were clearly favoring closing the gap. Remember, we play Canada during this trip, in Canada, so hopefully those clowns aren't calling that one (they probably are).
International officiating is easily on the take. Look at FIFA.

Reactions: TheDude73
Good solid win for the first true game.

Got lots to work on, especially defending the arc.

Like what I saw though. Let's get our size back and go from there.
You are correct that the defense of the high screen was horrible. We didn't fight through screens, no hedging by the big and on some occasions went below the pick leaving guys wide open. The good news is it's all fixable.

Cal must’ve pissed those refs off it felt like they were calling every bit of contact as a foul on Kentucky at the end. Kentucky is easily 15 points better than that team but was forced to stop playing defense at the end of the 2nd half

I’m really happy with this teams performance, they look great.

Whenever Cal starts talking about his Canadian guys like Shai and Murray, I can't help but shake my head at how Wiggins missed his chance to be part of something truly special with that 2014 team.
Who was the poster that kept dropping random posts with weird pics of a count down to when Wiggins would commit to Kentucky? Was weird, and he was so positive. Who was that? Anyone remember?

Germany squad had the athletic ability of a D2 team. Not getting excited after watching that.
They were exactly like a good chunk of college teams now. Older and tough, I didn’t get to watch the second half, but Kentucky winning by a decent margin is great to see

Reactions: bigblue_07
Nope. The announcers kept talking about Germany's "height", but they are tiny compared to a Div 1 NCAA team in the SEC. We go "small ball" in the SEC against real height, we'll be dead before halftime.
I know...it sucks for your agenda that we won...

It's hilarious to see who crawls from underneath their rocks to try to fight for the agenda...

I know...it sucks for your agenda that we won...

It's hilarious to see who crawls from underneath their rocks to try to fight for the agenda...
Huh? You have me mixed up with someone else. I'm not an anti-Cal all the time fan around here.

If we have to go small ball because of injuries in the SEC against real big men, we indeed will be dead by the half. You don't need to be a Cal hater to see that.

Reactions: THE_HOOK
Wagner looks good. Mitchell too. Thiero looked really good to me.

Dillingham has the potential, but must learn good shots and control. Edwards struggled.

Sheppard made some nice plays. Passes well, hope the shots fall.

UK really needs another big buy for sure. A team that had a good post game, wins that game easily against UK today.

Cats not looking good right now. I thought thus would be a all star team. I'm wrong. Boy if not this year it will never happen. This is the year and right now this isn't a top 10 team. Maybe 11-15 not good. I'm getting pissed and Cal is lazy. He's been a bum for 8 years. The talent won't get any better then this and we looking like a 3rd or 4th best team in the sec.

Well done Wildcats!

Germany-final-1-819x1024.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: UKrazycat2
Wagner looks good. Mitchell too. Thiero looked really good to me.

Dillingham has the potential, but must learn good shots and control. Edwards struggled.

Sheppard made some nice plays. Passes well, hope the shots fall.

UK really needs another big buy for sure. A team that had a good post game, wins that game easily against UK today.
As expected, some one-on-one McD's showboating there from Edwards and Dill, and a couple times from DJ, but overall DJ is going to be a great guard.

I was excited about Reed's energy and defense. That shot will fall.

You're right about the size issue. If we don't have backup for Ugo, we will struggle against the bigger teams in the SEC if our guards can't get into the lane and/or threes aren't falling.

This Germany team wasn't that much bigger than us, which probably explains that we lost the rebounding battle (last count I saw as Germany 49, UK 44).

Reactions: Cawood86
Cats not looking good right now. I thought thus would be a all star team. I'm wrong. Boy if not this year it will never happen. This is the year and right now this isn't a top 10 team. Maybe 11-15 not good. I'm getting pissed and Cal is lazy. He's been a bum for 8 years. The talent won't get any better then this and we looking like a 3rd or 4th best team in the sec.
Welch has improved us . I think it was noticeable. Looked more organized. Sometimes it really did look like he just rolled the ball out there. Teach defense then recruit the best offensive players and go. I've seen him wave players off and say just go, wave his hands again then say just go make it happen. Which he could he teaching him to trust his instinct. Build confidence maybe🤷‍♂️

Let's see who falls for this obvious bait...

• Haha
Reactions: Graham51 and Oboro3
As expected, some one-on-one McD's showboating there from Edwards and Dill, and a couple times from DJ, but overall DJ is going to be a great guard.

You're right about the size issue. If we don't have backup for Ugo, we will struggle against the bigger teams in the SEC if our guards can't get into the lane and/or threes aren't falling.

This Germany team wasn't that much bigger than us, which probably explains that we lost the rebounding battle (last count I saw as Germany 49, UK 44).
50-46 Germany

We gotta work on that.

It's effing July. Can we at least wait until January to be miserable?

I thought Dillingham was pretty under control, which is something I was really watching for. This team is gonna be really good!

I think Wagner and Dillingham will improve on ball control and running the offense.

I'd like to see them post up Edwards some for two reasons. I think he could do well posting up some and he needs to see the ball go thru the hoop some.

Mitchell looks like a real good pick and pop option.

My starting 5 just off today

Wagner
Reeves
Thiero
Edwards
Mitchell

Reactions: TheDude73
I think Wagner and Dillingham will improve on ball control and running the offense.

I'd like to see them post up Edwards some for two reasons. I think he could do well posting up some and he needs to see the ball go thru the hoop some.

Mitchell looks like a real good pick and pop option.

My starting 5 just off today

Wagner
Reeves
Thiero
Edwards
Mitchell
If you believe Cal, the team has only practiced 10 times, so they should all improve.

Reactions: Cawood86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT