ADVERTISEMENT

Forde Trolling Again.

Curious, what classwork did unc provide that failed to properly teach PJ Hairston how to properly "role" through local traffic stops with marijuana and handguns, all while driving an automobile furnished as an impermissible benefit by virtue of an arrangement between unc and a convicted felon?

Reactions: brianpoe
I'm pretty sure championship basketball is a team sport and I doubt Danny Green, James Michael Mcadoo and Harrison Barnes are feeling bad about their shiny new NBA Championship rings they earned for their "role"...lol

How many NBA championship rings have former UK players won in the past 6 years vs Tar Heels? I'll let you do the math...

So Danny Green, James Michael McAdoo and Harrison Barnes are better team players than Anthony Davis and John Wall? AD and John got drafted first overall by terrible teams. Danny Green went to a team that had won four rings already. Tell you what...four Tar Heels were drafted in the lottery in 2009. None of them have done anything of consequence. Talk to me in four years about the accomplishments of Towns, Cauley-Stein, Booker and Lyles.

Reactions: Mike-D and brianpoe
Curious, what classwork did unc provide that failed to properly teach PJ Hairston how to properly "role" through local traffic stops with marijuana and handguns, all while driving an automobile furnished as an impermissible benefit by virtue of an arrangement between unc and a convicted felon?

Criminology 340: The Dark Side - Practical Application. Offered by correspondence only. Field work required. Rap sheet to serve as final. Bail not provided.

Reactions: crittel56
Again, just more negatory BS. Give me a quote where he explicitly states that the draft was "more important" than winning a national title." You won't find one.

As to the comment regarding goals, I have no doubt he said that. I support that as a goal for team. Helping kids succeed should be part of the mission. BUT . . . . Show me where he said that was the ONLY goal and that national titles and going undefeated were NOT team goals. You can't. You will fail.

On the other hand, I can offer you this:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/7768870/calipari-title-now-wants-undefeated-season

NEW ORLEANS -- The questions will stop now about whether John Calipari can win the final game, the national championship.

So what's next for him?

"Before I leave coaching, I would like to coach an undefeated team," Calipari told ESPN after Monday night's 67-59 national championship victory over Kansas at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

"I would like to coach an undefeated team before I'm done with this. Why? Because it can't be done, so let's chase that."

Yeah, he's has one and only goal of putting kids in the NBA. Pure, undiluted, stinking, fetid, rancid, rotten BullCrap. Have a seat until you learn to put things in context. Basketball and coaching is a complicated process. No coach, no player EVER has just one goal. Takes a simple mind to believe otherwise.
“Last year we started the season with a goal,” he told the Alltech Rebelation crowd. “You may think that goal was to win the national title and win all the games and be… It was to get eight players drafted.”
Again, just more negatory BS. Give me a quote where he explicitly states that the draft was "more important" than winning a national title." You won't find one.

As to the comment regarding goals, I have no doubt he said that. I support that as a goal for team. Helping kids succeed should be part of the mission. BUT . . . . Show me where he said that was the ONLY goal and that national titles and going undefeated were NOT team goals. You can't. You will fail.

On the other hand, I can offer you this:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/7768870/calipari-title-now-wants-undefeated-season

NEW ORLEANS -- The questions will stop now about whether John Calipari can win the final game, the national championship.

So what's next for him?

"Before I leave coaching, I would like to coach an undefeated team," Calipari told ESPN after Monday night's 67-59 national championship victory over Kansas at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

"I would like to coach an undefeated team before I'm done with this. Why? Because it can't be done, so let's chase that."

Yeah, he's has one and only goal of putting kids in the NBA. Pure, undiluted, stinking, fetid, rancid, rotten BullCrap. Have a seat until you learn to put things in context. Basketball and coaching is a complicated process. No coach, no player EVER has just one goal. Takes a simple mind to believe otherwise.
“Last year we started the season with a goal,” he told the Alltech Rebelation crowd. “You may think that goal was to win the national title and win all the games and be… It was to get eight players drafted.”

Chuck this is so easy if you don't like him don't watch him coach, wait until the next hire. That's about what I did with Tubby in his last few years.
Where did I say I didn't like him? You and your alter ego, brianpoe, have reading comprehension issues, or just like making up stuff to prop up you argument.

I have been a Cat fan for almost 50 yrs and I sure as hell don't need any advice from young punks like you.

You failed again. It doesn't say that was the only goal. It was a goal, not the goal. I'll give you a second chance to trash the team. You will fail yet again. Why? There is no such quote. There is nothing that says one goal was more important than the other.

Fail again and we'll just have to drop you in the 'dumper' category and consider you a marginalized fan.

Last edited:
You failed again. It doesn't say that was the only goal. It was a goal, not the goal. I'll give you a second chance to rash the team. You will fail yet again. Why? There is no such quote. There is nothing that says one goal was more important than the other.

Fail again and we'll just have to drop you in the 'dumper' category and consider you a marginalized fan.
You are sick, but I think I remember you now and had forgotten that.

Try re-reading the post, even though you have no objectivity. I'll type slowly. Cal said, "we started the season with a goal. You many think that goal was to win a national championship and win all the games. It was to get eight players drafted".

As I have stated before, I understand why he said it, but guys like you and the "poe" couple are ignorant to try to twist what he actually.

Maybe you couldn't hear him clearly with head stuck up his ass.

So Danny Green, James Michael McAdoo and Harrison Barnes are better team players than Anthony Davis and John Wall? AD and John got drafted first overall by terrible teams. Danny Green went to a team that had won four rings already. Tell you what...four Tar Heels were drafted in the lottery in 2009. None of them have done anything of consequence. Talk to me in four years about the accomplishments of Towns, Cauley-Stein, Booker and Lyles.

Danny green was in the 2009 draft and has at least one NBA championship ring....in the NBA that is considered an accomplishment of consequence. Probably right up there with his setting the record for made 3 pointers during the NBA finals.

You are sick, but I think I remember you now and had forgotten that.

Try re-reading the post, even though you have no objectivity. I'll type slowly. Cal said, "we started the season with a goal. You many think that goal was to win a national championship and win all the games. It was to get eight players drafted".

As I have stated before, I understand why he said it, but guys like you and the "poe" couple are ignorant to try to twist what he actually.

Maybe you couldn't hear him clearly with head stuck up his ass.

Ok. Marginal it is. I'd hoped for better. A more robust litany than just a single sentence or two. So much for objectivity.

That was a good goal don't you think? Fits well with the others like winning the SEC, National Championship, Going undefeated (a goal since 2012). Then there are individual player goals. Self improvement goals. Academic goals.

Perhaps a narrow mind can only see one goal. I wouldn't know.

Oh, I heard him quite clearly. I'm just not stupid enough to believe there was just one goal. I've never read anything that would lead an objective mind to believe there was just one goal. A bitter mind might do that. One that can't see past a single loss season.

Are you so narrow and bitter? If so, maybe Duke or UNC would be more to your liking. The coaches will blow smoke up your butt all day and tell you exactly what they think you want to hear.

Ok. Marginal it is. I'd hoped for better. A more robust litany than just a single sentence or two. So much for objectivity.

That was a good goal don't you think? Fits well with the others like winning the SEC, National Championship, Going undefeated (a goal since 2012). Then there are individual player goals. Self improvement goals. Academic goals.

Perhaps a narrow mind can only see one goal. I wouldn't know.

Oh, I heard him quite clearly. I'm just not stupid enough to believe there was just one goal. I've never read anything that would lead an objective mind to believe there was just one goal. A bitter mind might do that. One that can't see past a single loss season.

Are you so narrow and bitter? If so, maybe Duke or UNC would be more to your liking. The coaches will blow smoke up your butt all day and tell you exactly what they think you want to hear.
Like I keep saying but nobody hears me...I understand why he said it.

Where did I say I didn't like him? You and your alter ego, brianpoe, have reading comprehension issues, or just like making up stuff to prop up you argument.

I have been a Cat fan for almost 50 yrs and I sure as hell don't need any advice from young punks like you.

Just for clarification Poetax is my dad and wonderful grandfather to my kids. I served in the first Gulf War so not so much a kid anymore.

And I would love to see you use that tone in my presence.
You constantly whine and cry about Cal and get defensive when called out.

Perhaps we should meet for tea and try to resolve our differences? I guarantee you would be much less of a tough guy that way.

Reactions: Mike-D and Aike
Forde makes a lot of good points..I know we don't like it, but the truth hurts...not sure about you, but the fact that Calipari publicly said that his team's goal wasn't a national title, but instead getting 8 players drafted, is sad and sickening..if you're too blinded by your UK fandom to realize that, then you might need to take a step back
I'd say the same to you for getting so worked up about a game a bunch of college kids play.

Reactions: Mike-D and brianpoe
the funny part is this is for uk fans exclusively. no normal person thinks going undefeated and winning it all wasn't the goal. it's impossible, as the historical relevance couldn't get any higher.

there's no common sense for forde. things change. for players/momentum's sake coaches say lots of things. forde wanting to get in a quoting war over a non issue...no one cares. no one will quote his article for any meaningful reference.

the funny part is this is for uk fans exclusively. no normal person thinks going undefeated and winning it all wasn't the goal. it's impossible, as the historical relevance couldn't get any higher.

there's no common sense for forde. things change. for players/momentum's sake coaches say lots of things. forde wanting to get in a quoting war over a non issue...no one cares. no one will quote his article for any meaningful reference.

Although...Seth Greenberg and Jay Bilas did tweet in reference to him. It's great when real bball folks defend Cal against pathetic writers trolling for hits.

as for forde in general, what a waste of time. he designated himself the inside guy if cal ever cheats. he doesn't like kentucky, but cal is what this is about. he's betting on cal to screw up. he said this when he was hired. he wants to be the guy that gets the first interview/column if we cheat. he actually believes this is a possibility.

so while things are just going along means nothing. he's just giving us his reminder that he's there waiting for things to unravel. and so far we learned about unc and syracuse etc and we're in the final four every year. sorry pat. we probably have the cleanest program in the us because of all the scrutiny. he never did understand that cal and uk was going to be a recruiting monster in name alone. he missed the boat.

the only thing else to talk about is the player's first thing. which no one cares about coming from him. there has been a national dialogue for years now about the one and done, and the feeling that there may be a rule change. this is the only thing that matters, but pat is not eloquent enough to incorporate an editorial having to do strictly with nba/ncaa product philosophies. so what you have is a boring attack piece. yawn.

Sir, with all due respect, you should never call anyone stupid.

I'm not mixing the 2 issues. Cal is. Why? B/c he just lost a chance to win a NC with one of the best college BB teams ever assembled, and despite getting the best players year in and year out, has only 1 NC to show for it. That's why. He's selling this BS not me.

Let me ask you this smart guy, why does Cal feel the need to manipulate impressionable young kids when all he has to do is ask the question, "Did ya'll watch the draft last night?", drop the mic, and walk away?
You take every opportunity you can to get your brand out there. I thought you said you knew how marketing worked? If you want to interpret it that way, go on ahead, but when you make it public, you open yourself to the deserved criticism.

Good point.
UNC did put only one player in the NBA draft, this year, but also put 2 more shiny NBA championships rings on former Tar Heel players hands in 2015, adding to the unmatched total of NBA championship rings owned by Carolina players and coaches. In a conversation about which program is producing better pro's, I'm sure the irony of your comment escaped you.

As a fan of college basketball, I can freely admit to my admiration of UK's recent success under Calipari, but to confuse that with "envy" is not surprising giving your obvious lack of knowledge regarding the measure of success in the NBA...
How much did Harrison Barnes and James Michael-McAdoo have to do with that team winning? You're just reaching now. There is no question who is putting the most players in the league, and most of them are better than the recent Tarheel draftees. Would a lot of our draftees still accomplish what they did without Cal? Maybe, but we'll never know will we? You're just wasting everybody's time.

How much did Harrison Barnes and James Michael-McAdoo have to do with that team winning? You're just reaching now. There is no question who is putting the most players in the league, and most of them are better than the recent Tarheel draftees. Would a lot of our draftees still accomplish what they did without Cal? Maybe, but we'll never know will we? You're just wasting everybody's time.

McAdoo, not so much, but Barnes is a starter on that team...I suspect his teammates and coaches feel pretty good about his contribution.

Danny green was in the 2009 draft and has at least one NBA championship ring....in the NBA that is considered an accomplishment of consequence. Probably right up there with his setting the record for made 3 pointers during the NBA finals.

There is a quarterback who went to five consecutive Super Bowls, four as the backup to Jim Kelly and one as the backup for the Chargers. I guess in your mind his five Super Bowl appearances trumps Dan Marino.

Well I saw Mr. Pat write about her
Well I saw ol' Forde put her down
Well I hope Pat Forde will remember
The BBN don't need him around, anyhow

You can say that because you're a UK fan, but non UK fans and the AVERAGE fan that follows college basketball in general, don't understand that because that goes against what college bb is supposed to be about.

Ummm...and why should a UK fan give a rats about what "non UK fans and AVERAGE fans in general" think?

Ummm...and why should a UK fan give a rats about what "non UK fans and AVERAGE fans in general" think?

And to take Sloner's post one step further, when Chuckster states "isn't what college basketball all about" he does not take into account that college bball is different everywhere.

Here at UK we win a bunch and have kids drafted.

UNC it is about cheating and then lying about cheating and then denying the cheating.

Kansas is about watching can't miss kids not get drafted and being upset in Round 2.

UL is about having players better than John Wall but not being able to beat UK.

Duke is about doing things the "right way" and then of course mimicking UK, making our way the right way and taking credit. And lets not forget flopping.

Reactions: crittel56
There is a quarterback who went to five consecutive Super Bowls, four as the backup to Jim Kelly and one as the backup for the Chargers. I guess in your mind his five Super Bowl appearances trumps Dan Marino.

With all due respect, I'm not following you...
Danny Green and Harrison Barnes are starters on the past 2 NBA championship teams. Are you saying if John Wall, and the Wizards, won the NBA championship next year and he set the all time NBA finals assist record it would somehow be less than a NBA championship?
Your nonsensical question is confusing.
And for the record, for all of Dan Marino's talent, he never won a Super Bowl.

Last edited:
107678034_display_image.jpg

cliffalexander.jpg

This^^

Self is horrible with top talent. I remember warching Wayne Seldon in HS & thought he would be a scoring machine at KU. He was better his freshman year. This is typical under Self.

Harrison twins are the only 2 elite HS players that never did really thrive under Cal. But Cal did something to them that I don't think any other college coach could achieve: made them team players. It probably hurt them but it helped the teams in their 2 years.

But most of Cal's elite HS recruits do something the mostly do not do at other schools: they live up to the hype

Danny Green and Harrison Barnes are starters on the past 2 NBA championship teams. Are you saying if John Wall, and the Wizards, won the NBA championship next year and he set the all time NBA finals assist record it would somehow be less than a NBA championship?

That's the point Mr. Slow. Think about it!

You're insinuating they are better players just because they are on winning teams, which they clearly are not. They were lucky enough to get into scenarios where they could be role players on winning teams.

You're insinuating they are better players just because they are on winning teams, which they clearly are not. They were lucky enough to get into scenarios where they could be role players on winning teams.

I've never insinuated they were better players, but you're insinuating the past 2 NBA championship teams pick their starters based on "luck"?
Your position is laughable...
Try as you might, UNC has more NBA championship rings than any program in America, UK is barely a honorable mention on the list.
I'm sure when a Calipari UK player finally wins a championship, if it ever happens, you'll be dismissive of their contribution because of their status as a "lucky role player"...
LOL

Even though a thread has already been posted about this, I'm linking it here as well. I think it is fairly pertinent to the discussion.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye...d-its-another-june-championship-for-coach-cal

Wow!! Cal's a freaking genius. Norlander gets it...Cal had in-homes Thursday night with the likes of Monk, Simmons...etc.

If you can read that article & don't understand that as Cal runs a "players 1st" program...THE PROGRAM benefits more than if it were a typical (Willams, Pitino) "program 1st" program.

So UK fans....get it! Now relax & enjoy as Cal builds a basketball empire.

I've never insinuated they were better players, but you're insinuating the past 2 NBA championship teams pick their starters based on "luck"?
Try as you might, UNC has more NBA championship rings than any program in America, UK is barely a honorable mention on the list.
I'm sure when a Calipari UK player finally wins a championship, if it ever happens, you'll be dismissive of their contribution because of their status as a "lucky role player"...
LOL

Your insane!! HS school recruits are looking at Towns, WCS, Lyles, & Booker.....NOT Green & Barnes...lol.

Wall makes more $$ than Green & Barnes combined. :joy:

LOL

There is no disputing UNC has more players with NBA championship rings.

Wonder how many of those players would have even been eligible to play college ball had UNC had any integrity since Dean Smith decided to create the Cheating Carolina Way?

Reactions: hotelblue
LOL

UNC does not have more championship rings than UCLA. And as for your last statement, Derek Anderson and Antoine Walker won a ring with the Miami Heat. Neither contributed much, so you won't hear us bragging about it. It would be the Helms Title of NBA accomplishments.

I remember when Roy showed Julius Randle his rings in their in-home...Randle wasn't impressed, they lost ground.

UNC does not have more championship rings than UCLA. And as for your last statement, Derek Anderson and Antoine Walker won a ring with the Miami Heat. Neither contributed much, so you won't hear us bragging about it. It would be the Helms Title of NBA accomplishments.

UNC does have more NBA rings than UCLA, by over a dozen.

UNC does have more NBA rings than UCLA, by over a dozen.

UNC also has more accreditation probation titles, books from professors and staffers exposing their cheating ways, players accusing them of cheating, players suing them and more players than all schools combined that received fake credit hours and grades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT