ADVERTISEMENT

Forde Trolling Again.

MWes11

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2012
Does this dude ever stop with the Cal and UK hate? Give it a rest Pat. You're a loser. Not posting the link because I don't wanna give him hits, but it is below...

The Kentucky basketball postseason media guide cover last March featured the following motto:

"All for one goal."

What the media guide didn't tell us was that the goal wasn't some silly national title. It wasn't a 40-0 season and a spot in college basketball history. It wasn't hanging the school's ninth championship banner from the rafters of Rupp Arena.

No, the goal was Thursday night. NBA draft night.

We know this because Kentucky coach John Calipari said so last month. Cal told a group he spoke to in Rupp: "Last year we started the season with a goal. You may think it was to win a national title or win all the games, [but] it was to get eight players drafted."

ESPN's Heather Cox called him on that in the green room on Thursday night, mentioning that Calipari has said the NBA draft is "more important" than winning a national title.

Cal's response (one of his five appearances on camera on the night): "I never said that."

Alex Poythress that kept him from going pro, plus the NBA's snub of Aaron Harrison.)

I didn't check the police scanner, but I have to believe there was joyful civil disobedience in the streets of Lexington, Ky., right? Couches on fire? Moderate vandalism?

The celebration may rage for days. Certainly, the fans who camp out for days to get into Big Blue Madness in October are not out there dreaming of a Monday night in April. They're dreaming of a Thursday night in June, when the next raft of Wildcats shows up gripping and grinning with Adam Silver.

The fans whose ticket purchases and donor contributions pay Calipari's seven-year, $54 million contract – they're in it for the draft, right? If a national title should happen to go along with a big showing in the draft, that's a little icing on the cake.

Undoubtedly, this NBA draft will draw higher TV ratings in the state of Kentucky than did the Final Four broadcast of the Wildcats vs. Wisconsin. Even though the Final Four semifinals drew a 33.1 rating in Louisville, Ky.

Whatever. The draft number will dwarf that I am sure.

Calipari also said this at that appearance in May: "The mission for me is to be a vehicle to help others reach their dreams, to be the stone that creates the ripple in their lives that goes on and on and on. Now in our state, they want my mission to be, 'win national titles, win national titles.' My mission is bigger than that."

Fortunately he has educated the Kentucky fans on the miniscule nature of the national title mission. They now see the bigger mission: helping guys like Karl-Anthony Towns get drafted No. 1, because he surely wouldn't have had a chance at being the No. 1 pick if he'd been coached for six months by a lesser man and smaller stone than Calipari. Imagine if Towns had made the monumental mistake of playing for Mike Krzyzewski, Bill Self or Roy Williams – he'd probably be an undrafted free agent.

John Wall,DeMarcus Cousins and Eric Blesdoe) were picked in the first round. That didn't go over too well with the Big Blue old guard.

Of course, that team had something in common with this most recent team: it was by far the most talented team in the nation, and it didn't win the title. That's certainly a good time to elevate the draft to Program Goal No. 1.

Ask yourself this: What can an aging, bitter, modestly intelligent scribbler working not for ESPN or Sports Illustrated or even one of the esteemed remaining newspapers but for YAHOO, writing about college basketball in late June do to make anyone alive pay any attention to his sad work product?

Correct, my friend. Attack Kentucky. He's a loser for writing it. But you are a loser if you pay attention to it.

Ask yourself this: What can an aging, bitter, modestly intelligent scribbler working not for ESPN or Sports Illustrated or even one of the esteemed remaining newspapers but for YAHOO, writing about college basketball in late June do to make anyone alive pay any attention to his sad work product?

Correct, my friend. Attack Kentucky. He's a loser for writing it. But you are a loser if you pay attention to it.
You just read it and took the time to comment on it. Are you a loser? AFAF

Fords is just looking for an excuse. Look at his fake outrage on behalf of BBN. He craps on our program constantly and then makes it sound like cal doesn't respect us enough? Please. If cal had explicitly said that a championship was more important than the kids' nba future, bet your bank account that he'd be jumping with glee to report that as a horrible thing to say.

Everyone know Forde hate Kentucky & love Pitino. Where was Forde when Pitino had is fun in the sun on eating table?

Reactions: jarms24
His obsession with Calipari is amazing really. I have never seen anything like it on this local level. Some of his view sin this one are certainly no target with the fanbase but his delight in writing these things is so over the top.

Forde is certainly the poster boy for birth control.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
Drew Franklin ‏@DrewFranklinKSR 3m3 minutes ago
Hey @YahooForde, I fixed your column.

CIbw482UEAEuiTM.jpg

By the way, I wasn't attacking you or anyone else who, unlike me, read what he wrote. I specifically said, "pay attention to it." That implies a level of agreement or at least engagement with his argument beyond casually scanning his words.
I understand. Didn't take it as an attack. I just like to pass on anything UK related, good or bad, so we can discuss/debate

Cal's family so we love him with all his faults and imperfection. But you have to admit, he brings most of this on himself with all the stupid ish he says. I don't think Cal gives a rats azz what Forde or his kind think or say. He's got his ring, he's in the Hall, and he's making 8 mill a year. Plus he's got his charities so he knows he's doing good things with his gifts.
It's obvious he likes wearing the black hat, giving folks the bird, and wedgies to all the uptight people around college basketball.

He's easy to dislike for opposing fans and for many Cat fans. I'm not in love with way he does things like many on this board, but he's our coach and the only one we have, so we have to take him...warts and all.

Reactions: Jamal Mercer
Meh. People like forde cling to every little sound bite of Cal they can and warp it to fit their own agenda. You really don't think Cal wanted to win it all? I respect that Cal is looking out for his players and will do what he can to get them to the next level. That article is just idiotic and he has his head so far up his ass he can't see reality.

I wonder how many articles he has written about UK and Cal? He sure gives us a lot of coverage. Dude is obsessed with Cal, it's kind of sad. Why would anyone spend so much time trying to cover something they hate? Oh wait he's a UL fan...they got nothing better to contribute to society than mindless hate.

Forde is just an idiot. I like that OP posted this, though - because just a few months ago, I saw some positive articles by Forde posted and people were saying maybe he isn't so bad. This shows his true colors and reminds us who and what he is.

Wow, what a piece of work. Middle name must be hatchet.

One thing a good writer will do is always state a point and then substantiate it. I got nothing but the ravings of a "mad housewife" out of that. He could'a saved bits by just saying he didn't like Kentucky. I get it. Now go away.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
I just don't understand what is so hard to grasp for people like him. By helping these kids reach their dreams it helps the program. By making statements about the draft being the biggest night only helps the program. Forde does know these things but he is only trying to get hits. However I sometimes doubt our own fans understanding.

It's all a recruiting pitch. Cal never stops recruiting, that is what makes him so successful. You don't think a kid wants to play for a coach that cares more about HIS dreams than the schools? I mean seriously, last night was nothing more than a televised infomercial for UK. All the (perceived) damage that was done last season with the Platoons was just wiped away with one night.

We had FOUR lottery picks on that team. Even if you discount KAT and say he was always going to be a high pick (which I don't). We had 3 other lottery picks (TWO NON STARTERS BTW) that certainly had their draft stock improved. Willie for instance was a complete mess when he arrived on campus and in 3 years he became the #6 pick in the draft.

These kids and their handlers have to see that UK is the best place to go if you or your kid has NBA aspirations. No amount of negative recruiting can take away last night. Cal can now go into these kids homes and say, "Even if we do Platoon I'll get you drafted. The number one pick averaged just 10 points a game in my system and the NBA didn't care..."

As fans, we have to know that "Cal speak" is just for the Kids, he really does care about winning titles, Final Fours and the school. Just watch him on the sidelines. Nobody gets that worked up over something he doesn't care about. Forget what he says to the media and the kids. And especially forget about what Forde spews out of his pie hole. Getting the best talent here will ALWAYS help the team, school and program, Cal knows this and after 6 seasons we should too.

Wow, what a piece of work. Middle name must be hatchet.

One thing a good writer will do is always state a point and then substantiate it. I got nothing but the ravings of a "mad housewife" out of that. He could'a saved bits by just saying he didn't like Kentucky. I get it. Now go away.
He's a loser for calling out Cal on his BS? Eh, OK. He substantiated it by pointing out the specific examples of statements that Cal has made about the NBA Draft status of his players being more important to him than team results and points out the ridiculous notion that Cal in some way accomplished something that these players wouldn't have accomplished if they had gone somewhere else.

He's a loser for calling out Cal on his BS? Eh, OK. He substantiated it by pointing out the specific examples of statements that Cal has made about the NBA Draft status of his players being more important to him than team results and points out the ridiculous notion that Cal in some way accomplished something that these players wouldn't have accomplished if they had gone somewhere else.
Is that you Cliff Alexander? Welcome to Rupp Rafters. I know you'll have a lot of time on your hands.

I got a kick out of the female reporter who interviewed Cal last night before Booker's pick - she quickly inserted that as a college athlete she would have died for a national title (paraphrasing). What the lady was trying very quickly to do was put a challenge to Cal's priorities by using herself as an example (I don't know her background but apparently she was a college athlete somewhere, sometime). She attempted to bully an interjection that nothing is more important to her than that competition was then.

Bullshit. Never in a million years would she give up her ESPN gig for a retroactive national title. And is it incredibly selfish, even racist on many levels, for professionals in journalism to fail to acknowledge that individuals pursuing careers in professional athletics are perfectly in their right to hold sacred the value of their professions no less than a snarky broad who shoves mic's in men's faces and makes disingenuous comments for a living values hers.

Willie would have gone sixth prior to Cal? What about Booker? His own father said that he didn't believe he was a "One and done" player. I read somewhere last night that the top four picks all went an average of (I think it said) 6 spots higher than what the prognosticators thought they would.

Just because you don't like how Cal's message to the kids sounds to you doesn't mean you are correct. Cal ceratinly does more to improve these kids lives than you'll ever understand. Plenty of coaches can screw up a kids future, it takes work to just not do that. Cal does more, he turns them into ligament NBA players. Just because you are considered a future NBA player in Highschool doesn't mean you'll get there without good coaching.

I got a kick out of the female reporter who interviewed Cal last night before Booker's pick - she quickly inserted that as a college athlete she would have died for a national title (paraphrasing). What the lady was trying very quickly to do was put a challenge to Cal's priorities by using herself as an example (I don't know her background but apparently she was a college athlete somewhere, sometime). She attempted to bully an interjection that nothing is more important to her than that competition was then.

Bullshit. Never in a million years would she give up her ESPN gig for a retroactive national title. And is it incredibly selfish, even racist on many levels, for professionals in journalism to fail to acknowledge that individuals pursuing careers in professional athletics are perfectly in their right to hold sacred the value of their professions no less than a snarky broad who shoves mic's in men's faces and makes disingenuous comments for a living values hers.

Agree with almost everything, just don't get the Racist comment, please explain.

When Cal makes statements like he did about the draft a couple years ago was the greatest night in UK bb history and his number one goal was not to win a title, but to have 8 players drafted, he opens himself up to criticism and deservedly so. I realize what he is doing, but in the eyes of the average fan, it makes him look bad.

When Cal makes statements like he did about the draft a couple years ago was the greatest night in UK bb history and his number one goal was not to win a title, but to have 8 players drafted, he opens himself up to criticism and deservedly so. I realize what he is doing, but in the eyes of the average fan, it makes him look bad.
My response... DON'T BE AVERAGE.

Good thing most UK fans aren't "average" :sunglasses:

He isn't recruiting the Average fan, he is trying to pull in All world talent. So we should just sit back and allow him to do so w/out criticizing his methods. They have worked so far, so who are we to say he should do or say anything different?

He isn't recruiting the Average fan, he is trying to pull in All world talent. So we should just sit back and allow him to do so w/out criticizing his methods. They have worked so far, so who are we to say he should do or say anything different?
You're getting off point. I said he opens himself up to criticism and it has, not that he should care as long as it works. I didn't say he should change it.

Amen. His bizarre statements just give pricks like Forde ammo.

ADVERTISEMENT