ADVERTISEMENT

Even Rick Bozich Thinks UK will Win 7, Beating UL and Florida

You have more than just an unproven Oline. You have an unproven WR corps, unproven QB that couldn't keep his job last year, and an unproven secondary. You lost nearly all of your depth across the board with over half of your two deep on offense and defense graduating or leaving early for the NFL. You also never beat us with Kragthorpe so how well did you actually play? I wouldn't bank on playing well in CWS going forward Stoops will start packing the place again. Past performance has zero bearing on future performance in an away game at a certain stadium. That'd be like me saying it doesn't matter that we go to UGA this year we usually play well there. That doesn't mean it won't be a really tough place to play or guarantee any level of success there

The area that Louisville DID NOT Lose Depth was the Defensive Front Seven...11 out of the 14 in the 2 Deep is Returning and one of the Replacement on the Front Seven is the Big XII 2012 Post Season and 2014 Preseason Defensive Player of the Year

Reactions: Turnerville
And Louisville put up 44 and Kentucky had Dupree and Smith while UofL playing their 3rd String QB

Again, this 3rd string QB comment is always used by UL fans...but it isn't true. Gardner was unavailable, but when he was playing, he wasn't always QB1...Bonnafon at times was...then for the bowl game, Bonnafon was available, but Bolin was QB1...truth is UL was a merry-go-round at QB and there wasn't a difference between 1-2-3 from week to week.

UK loses Dupree and Smith and will have to make up for it...they also cant believe that they will get the defensive scores as they did last year. UL loses the secondary, OL and a few other defensive pieces to go along with missing Parker...they obviously shouldn't believe that the production from Parker will be replaced by a similar output either.

Again, this 3rd string QB comment is always used by UL fans...but it isn't true. Gardner was unavailable, but when he was playing, he wasn't always QB1...Bonnafon at times was...then for the bowl game, Bonnafon was available, but Bolin was QB1...truth is UL was a merry-go-round at QB and there wasn't a difference between 1-2-3 from week to week.

UK loses Dupree and Smith and will have to make up for it...they also cant believe that they will get the defensive scores as they did last year. UL loses the secondary, OL and a few other defensive pieces to go along with missing Parker...they obviously shouldn't believe that the production from Parker will be replaced by a similar output either.

1. Was being "Snarky" due to the 40 Point Comment and you hit on it being 14 of those points being Defensive TD.

2. As for the Secondary the Saving Grace is two of the Replacement Started for Grantham and have at least 3 Fall Practices in his Defense.

The way it was looking we might have run away with it had your 2nd string QB not got hurt..
Yeah, this is often conveniently overlooked by UofL fans. They like to chirp about how their third string QB lit us up, but if your third string QB is better (much better?) than your second string QB, isn't that a reflection on your all-knowing offensive genius coach?

Or the 3rd Team QB would not have handed Kentucky 14 Points...point being both sides can go around in a circle on this.

Fact is Kentucky gave its best shot and came up short

Or the 3rd Team QB would not have handed Kentucky 14 Points...point being both sides can go around in a circle on this.

Fact is Kentucky gave its best shot and came up short
UK will not come up short this season.

PE we beat your Cards this year...mark it down

Steelers isn't in the same league as Zipp...

I think that Steelers is probably a good guy and I don't think he's ever been a problem on this board.

Zipp needs to be institutionalized.
I am going to warn you. Don't bring up Steelers name. You don't know him personally so you aren't allowed to talk about him. I got chastised on Friday for bringing up his name. I just wanted help in clarifying some info and I got hammered. Just a little friendly advice. Keep his name out of your mouth or he'll be after you.

Remember 2 years ago the big summer story was "would Tom Brady rather have ul's receivers than his own"?
That was Jared Steelman who used to be on 680. But honestly, if you listened to him it actually made a lot of sense and quite honestly I think Brady would have had UofL's crop of receivers. A lot of the callers agreed. Like I said, if you could go back and hear it, it made a lot of sense.

You are listening to the Underdogs on station WKRD. The Underdogs are unapologetically biased towards UL.
If that's true, why does Tom hate the Underdogs and WKRD so much? I can answer. It's because they cover UK too much and also are far to critical of UofL. Vanetti trashes UofL far too much for me. Won't listen anymore.

Diener is way worse than them...especially when Reed is on there
Don't care for Deener. Self proclaimed UK fan is far to heavy lean towards the Cats. Billy Reed on the other hand is a legend in this area and has a wealth of knowledge. He is very good and basically speaks common sense. I feel like he is the one guy around here who will tell it like it is. Count me as a big fan of Billy Reed. I wish he was on Deener's show more often. Heck, I wish he had Denner's show instead of Deener.

Don't care for Deener. Self proclaimed UK fan is far to heavy lean towards the Cats. Billy Reed on the other hand is a legend in this area and has a wealth of knowledge. He is very good and basically speaks common sense. I feel like he is the one guy around here who will tell it like it is. Count me as a big fan of Billy Reed. I wish he was on Deener's show more often. Heck, I wish he had Denner's show instead of Deener.

This says everything that anyone needs to know about you. Mods, this guy is obviously a poser, please get rid of him!

The area that Louisville DID NOT Lose Depth was the Defensive Front Seven...11 out of the 14 in the 2 Deep is Returning and one of the Replacement on the Front Seven is the Big XII 2012 Post Season and 2014 Preseason Defensive Player of the Year

I'm pretty sure (and I could be wrong here) that Fields was the Big XII defensive freshman of the year which isn't quite the same as the defensive POY. I think UL has a really good front seven but I also don't think it's elite or any better than what we see every week in the SEC. Boom was burning you guys to the edges every play, Georgia torched you for an all-time SEC rushing record, and in the second half of the FSU game their freshman RB was burning your defense up too. UL's defense benefitted from playing some very offensively challenged teams last year. Clemson was supposed to present a challenge to the defense but when Watson went out they sucked. UL's defense played really well and shut down a good offense in NC St but other than that I can't think of a good offense they stopped last year. In the governors cup UK's front 7 looked better than UL's

This says everything that anyone needs to know about you. Mods, this guy is obviously a poser, please get rid of him!
Um, okay. What exactly is the posing part? Didn't Deener name one of his kids after Cawood Ledford? So you are telling me he is not a UK fan?

And Louisville put up 44 and Kentucky had Dupree and Smith while UofL playing their 3rd String QB

The "3rd string" nonsense makes you look stupid. What does it say about your coaching staff when that 3rd string QB clearly should have been playing instead of Bonnafon? You should consider yourself lucky Bonnafon got hurt and that "3rd string QB" came in, cause you were getting your ass kicked with your 1st/2nd string QB. What an idiotic, tired response.

You act as if UK caught a break when Bonnafon went down. Sorry. You guys were clearly the ones that benefited from that, so save your 3rd string response. Just makes you look dumb.

C'mon Billy, why have you stooped to trolling our UK board?:grimace:

That was Jared Steelman who used to be on 680. But honestly, if you listened to him it actually made a lot of sense and quite honestly I think Brady would have had UofL's crop of receivers. A lot of the callers agreed. Like I said, if you could go back and hear it, it made a lot of sense.
The fact your defending that comparison shows how ignorant you are of football outside ul. Every person on the Patriots team was a nfl receiver. UL had 3 guys off that team make an nfl roster??? He might of loved to have parker but I'm sure he's happy with the rest of his wr's over anyone else on that ul team.

I am going to warn you. Don't bring up Steelers name. You don't know him personally so you aren't allowed to talk about him. I got chastised on Friday for bringing up his name. I just wanted help in clarifying some info and I got hammered. Just a little friendly advice. Keep his name out of your mouth or he'll be after you.
Oh wow!
I can't imagine how horrible the consequences could be!
I was actually defending Steelers when someone mentioned his name in the same sentence with Zipp.
You probably should mind your own business good sir...

Reactions: Steelers2012
Billy Reed on the other hand is a legendary @sshole in this area and has a wealth of knowledge that is totally fabricated from his own hypocritical opinions and self serving BS. He is not very good and basically speaks from a drunken stupor. I feel like he is the one guy around here who will bad mouth UK at just about every chance he gets. Count me as a big fan of Billy Reed. I wish he was on Deener's show more often. Heck, I wish he had Denner's show instead of Deener.

I fixed that for you.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
The "3rd string" nonsense makes you look stupid. What does it say about your coaching staff when that 3rd string QB clearly should have been playing instead of Bonnafon? You should consider yourself lucky Bonnafon got hurt and that "3rd string QB" came in, cause you were getting your ass kicked with your 1st/2nd string QB. What an idiotic, tired response.

You act as if UK caught a break when Bonnafon went down. Sorry. You guys were clearly the ones that benefited from that, so save your 3rd string response. Just makes you look dumb.

Not saying Kentucky caught a Break or Not...Just saying Bonnefon went down and on 3 Occasions either Kentucky for Some Strange reason went Single Coverage on one of the Best WR in College Football and Bolin hit him for 3 TD....But Bolin because of lack of Ball Security accounted for 14 Kentucky Points.

Either way when it was all said and done Louisville won for the 4th Straight Year..you have the opportunity to snap the streak this year in Lexington

Kentucky had spent 2 weeks preparing to defend a poor throwing mobile QB, the D was built and focused on stacking the box and stopping UL's run game. Not that hard to figure out why what happened in the game if your football intelligence is beyond pop warner.

Auburn will have the same gameplan in a month FWIW. Better hope your coaches have a counter plan.

Kentucky had spent 2 weeks preparing to defend a poor throwing mobile QB, the D was built and focused on stacking the box and stopping UL's run game. Not that hard to figure out why what happened in the game if your football intelligence is beyond pop warner.

Auburn will have the same gameplan in a month FWIW. Better hope your coaches have a counter plan.

Petrino is Undefeated in College Openers...Auburn should very well win but Preparation is not a concern

I've read multiple posts in this thread predicting a double digit win, and others saying we (UK) will win "mark it down". I already have a friendly wager offer out on this board for anyone interested (see link). I will offer the same wager with the first two posters ($50 bet with each) here who want in. Here are my conditions, I am agreeable to UKErik holding the CASH from both of us. He already has my money in hand. He and I have wagered in the past, with the bets being paid off. That prevents any welching on the wager. The amounts ($50 per bet) are non-negotiable. Who are the first two posters in? You can contact UKErik at ukatlajes@hotmail.com to confirm what I say.

http://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/anyone-that-is-looking-to-put-their-where.103983/

Reactions: Turnerville
I'm pretty sure (and I could be wrong here) that Fields was the Big XII defensive freshman of the year which isn't quite the same as the defensive POY. I think UL has a really good front seven but I also don't think it's elite or any better than what we see every week in the SEC. Boom was burning you guys to the edges every play, Georgia torched you for an all-time SEC rushing record, and in the second half of the FSU game their freshman RB was burning your defense up too. UL's defense benefitted from playing some very offensively challenged teams last year. Clemson was supposed to present a challenge to the defense but when Watson went out they sucked. UL's defense played really well and shut down a good offense in NC St but other than that I can't think of a good offense they stopped last year. In the governors cup UK's front 7 looked better than UL's

Both are actually right it appears. This is from the TCU website on Fields:

Selected as the AP Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year and Defensive Newcomer of the Year ... voted by conference coaches as the Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year ... landed on both of the first teams for All-Big 12 and AP All-Big 12

Also...when Watson went out Midway into the 2nd Quarter the Clemson Offense had 5 Total Yards

Couple of good points made in this thread.

First, P.E. is right when he says either team could win the rivalry game this year. I think as of now it is a true toss up. And a ton can happen between now and the game - good and bad - for both teams. I just love that we appear to finally be in an era when both teams are at least decent.

I do think the Card front 7 is going to be very good again. Best part of their team, no question.

I also firmly believe that if R.B. doesn't get hurt, UK wins that game last year going away. RB was rattled and ineffective. The pressure was getting to him and he wasn't looking down the field much. UK had a ton of momentum and could have easily stretched out that early lead. To Bolin's credit, he came in and repeatedly found UK's vulnerability. (our secondary, which is still a concern this year)

Regardless, last year showed the talent gap between the schools had narrowed considerably. Without the Cards high profile (and good to very good) troubled transfers, I'd be very confident in a Cat win this year. As it is, promises to be an entertaining game between 2 good teams.

Just as some Cat fans will never give the Cards credit for being a good team, most Card fans are either unaware or purposely ignorant that this Cat program is improving very quickly under Stoops.

Btw, living in Louisville, I can tell you that there are good people on both sides of this rivalry. And complete jerks too. I want to beat the *&^% out of Louisville when we play them. But I also know that the most fanatic on both sides that are sure that the rival has only the worst type of people, well, that is just dumb.

I can't believe adulteryino, error I mean petjurino is still allowed to post here. When had he ever made a contribution to objective conversation?

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Couple of good points made in this thread.

First, P.E. is right when he says either team could win the rivalry game this year. I think as of now it is a true toss up. And a ton can happen between now and the game - good and bad - for both teams. I just love that we appear to finally be in an era when both teams are at least decent.

I do think the Card front 7 is going to be very good again. Best part of their team, no question.

I also firmly believe that if R.B. doesn't get hurt, UK wins that game last year going away. RB was rattled and ineffective. The pressure was getting to him and he wasn't looking down the field much. UK had a ton of momentum and could have easily stretched out that early lead. To Bolin's credit, he came in and repeatedly found UK's vulnerability. (our secondary, which is still a concern this year)

Regardless, last year showed the talent gap between the schools had narrowed considerably. Without the Cards high profile (and good to very good) troubled transfers, I'd be very confident in a Cat win this year. As it is, promises to be an entertaining game between 2 good teams.

Just as some Cat fans will never give the Cards credit for being a good team, most Card fans are either unaware or purposely ignorant that this Cat program is improving very quickly under Stoops.

Btw, living in Louisville, I can tell you that there are good people on both sides of this rivalry. And complete jerks too. I want to beat the *&^% out of Louisville when we play them. But I also know that the most fanatic on both sides that are sure that the rival has only the worst type of people, well, that is just dumb.

Fantastic and IMO accurate post..the talent gap is GONE...Kentucky is as talented as anyone outside of Georgia and Tennessee in the SEC East...yes a Card Fan Is saying this...JMO it is going to come down to mindset for your team if they have a successful season

Attn: Louisville...

61923334.jpg

Also...when Watson went out Midway into the 2nd Quarter the Clemson Offense had 5 Total Yards

That may be true I can't rememeber when he went out I just remember it being early in the game. Winston looked like a turd for 2 quarters against your defense too and looked like he was headed to the pro bowl in the second half. Good players find a way to make plays eventually. You can slow them down but most of the time you're not going to bottle them up completely. I have no idea how Clemson won that game because their offense was non-existent and had zero chance of success with the awful backup QB they had. It was a poorly coached game by Petrino and had he put Gardner back in early than he did you would've won

I see you getting the other 3 OOC Games, Vanderbilt, Florida and Mississippi State with a shot at South Carolina

I think Vanderbilt is nearly a given. I could see winning one out of the three, Florida, Mississippi State or South Carolina. I don't think 2/3 or even 3/3 is impossible, I just think it's unlikely. The good news is we all have only 33 days (or less for a few teams) until we can stop speculating and find out what we are working with. I can't wait.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Fantastic and IMO accurate post..the talent gap is GONE...Kentucky is as talented as anyone outside of Georgia and Tennessee in the SEC East...yes a Card Fan Is saying this...JMO it is going to come down to mindset for your team if they have a successful season

Thanks P.E.
As a Cat fan, it is quite exciting to go into a season and really only have 2 games that I doubt that we can be competitive in. (AU and GA) Even last year, our talent was still down enough that we were simply outclassed in many games. Add the wear and tare (tear?) on the bodies of the mostly young players and lack of depth, well, that is what you get in the 2nd half of the year.

It is interesting - Cards and Cats have almost never been good at the same time. UK probation was a huge hole. Recovered under Brooks. Then Joker and the huge fall off again. (a second probation in many ways!) And the Cards obviously had the Kragthorpe era. (remember how popular he was on the way into town? always felt a bit sorry for the guy, especially after his health issues)

Anyway, fans of the rivalry should have some really good, high level games to look forward to in the coming years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT