ADVERTISEMENT

Even Rick Bozich Thinks UK will Win 7, Beating UL and Florida

I think Kentucky has very good talent with the recruiting that Stoops has done. I believe the difference will be coaching and winning culture, where I believe U of L has the edge. I'll predict 38-27.

That day Georgia would have beaten just about anyone...no shame in losing to the Bulldogs when they are on.

That's not how Georgia is. When they're on, they're on, but they're not always on. It's the Richt effect. What you seen from Nick Chubb was what he was doing for a lot of the year, he just did it the best against you all.
Louisville seemed to struggle against really talented RB's. Aside from Duke Williams from Miami, you guys got lit up by Dalvin Cook, Boom Williams, and Nick Chubb (twice as bad as the other two).

UK will end up being the best or second best offense you will play all year. UL will have played 7 straight games, UK will have played Vandy and Charlotte, and it's at home in the first UL-UK game in the upgraded stadium. Place is going to be rocking and UL will have it's hands full. Not to mention no one has won more than 4 in a row in the modern series. Even as bad as UK has been in some of those years.

I think Kentucky has very good talent with the recruiting that Stoops has done. I believe the difference will be coaching and winning culture, where I believe U of L has the edge. I'll predict 38-27.

Lol you sound like you're being conservative, then you put up a number like 38? Kentucky will still get a lot of interceptions. That's the way UK's defense is. Also, the defense is much more experienced this time around. 10 of the 11 players being fielded are upperclassmen, and they'll be in the 3-4 base package full time (the two previous years, UK was transitioning from the 4-3, which took its toll).

You all need to consider, you lose a ton of defensive talent, still have a lot of holes to fill in the offensive line, lose a very good running back, lose one of the best receivers in college football (and he alone is the reason that you all beat UK last season).

A lot of boasting about the "Year 2 of Bobby Petrino", but Petrino has never lost this much talent going into year two, and plus, you all seem to ignore the drastic improvements that Mark Stoops coached defenses make in year 3.
Year 2 alone was a huge improvement, huge jump in interceptions and overall turnover margin, but when you're going into your second year, and you have the mess that Kentucky had, you're going to be pretty limited. He's done a good job of fixing that mess.

That's not how Georgia is. When they're on, they're on, but they're not always on. It's the Richt effect. What you seen from Nick Chubb was what he was doing for a lot of the year, he just did it the best against you all.
Louisville seemed to struggle against really talented RB's. Aside from Duke Williams from Miami, you guys got lit up by Dalvin Cook, Boom Williams, and Nick Chubb (twice as bad as the other two).

Actually Chubb best performance...maybe Grumpy can think of another was their game at Missouri...he had 143 Rushing Yards and the Bulldogs shut them out

Lol you sound like you're being conservative, then you put up a number like 38? Kentucky will still get a lot of interceptions. That's the way UK's defense is. Also, the defense is much more experienced this time around. 10 of the 11 players being fielded are upperclassmen, and they'll be in the 3-4 base package full time (the two previous years, UK was transitioning from the 4-3, which took its toll).

You all need to consider, you lose a ton of defensive talent, still have a lot of holes to fill in the offensive line, lose a very good running back, lose one of the best receivers in college football (and he alone is the reason that you all beat UK last season).

A lot of boasting about the "Year 2 of Bobby Petrino", but Petrino has never lost this much talent going into year two, and plus, you all seem to ignore the drastic improvements that Mark Stoops coached defenses make in year 3.
Year 2 alone was a huge improvement, huge jump in interceptions and overall turnover margin, but when you're going into your second year, and you have the mess that Kentucky had, you're going to be pretty limited. He's done a good job of fixing that mess.

You talk about the Transfer from a 4-3 to 3-4 Defense...Louisville did that last year from the 2013 to 2014 Defense while Replacing 7 Starters including two NFL 1st Round Draft Picks.

And actually he has lost this much at one time from 2004 to 2005...not many coaches at the College Level has his success rate and that includes his time in the SEC

Reactions: Turnerville
Fantastic and IMO accurate post..the talent gap is GONE...Kentucky is as talented as anyone outside of Georgia and Tennessee in the SEC East...yes a Card Fan Is saying this...JMO it is going to come down to mindset for your team if they have a successful season

Wow, that's pretty high praise. You're actually more optimistic about UK's talent level than I. I suppose I'll believe that we're as talented as UF and USC Jr. and Mizzou when I see it.

Your objectivity on the talent gap disappearance has inspired an in-kind response: Stoops needs to prove that he can OUTCOACH Petrino. If the talent is equal, then it comes down to scheme, matchups, playcalling, and execution. Most experts would probably favor Petrino against most others in this type of scenario so Stoops will have to prove them wrong. I think it's pretty clear that Stoops outcoached Petrino in the 2014 matchup, but it didn't result in a W. He needs to win the game this year.

Wow, that's pretty high praise. You're actually more optimistic about UK's talent level than I. I suppose I'll believe that we're as talented as UF and USC Jr. and Mizzou when I see it.

Your objectivity on the talent gap disappearance has inspired an in-kind response: Stoops needs to prove that he can OUTCOACH Petrino. If the talent is equal, then it comes down to scheme, matchups, playcalling, and execution. Most experts would probably favor Petrino against most others in this type of scenario so Stoops will have to prove them wrong. I think it's pretty clear that Stoops outcoached Petrino in the 2014 matchup, but it didn't result in a W. He needs to win the game this year.

The one thing I see in Kentucky is the increase in Overall Speed...Plus, I really do like your Skill Position Players especially Bone and Williams...Pure Talent and Athletic Ability is not the issue with Kentucky...it is Overall Mindset of the Players...they have to mentally get over the hump and close out games.

And Louisville put up 44 and Kentucky had Dupree and Smith while UofL playing their 3rd String QB
And looserville had 22 NFL draft picks that are gone including Parker who scored more then our D. I know it's hard to face reality that your team is not gona dominate some crummy league anymore and your heading to becoming just a middle of the pack ACC team. Of course the real fear for your future is that UofLsucksville can and will get beat by the Cats on a regular basis. Neckbracetrino will be run out of town.

And looserville had 22 NFL draft picks that are gone including Parker who scored more then our D. I know it's hard to face reality that your team is not gona dominate some crummy league anymore and your heading to becoming just a middle of the pack ACC team. Of course the real fear for your future is that UofLsucksville can and will get beat by the Cats on a regular basis. Neckbracetrino will be run out of town.

Just a guess you were surprised that Louisville won 9 Games last year without Teddy Bridgewater...but hey i will take 32 wins over the last 3 years and I look forward to the future

Reactions: Turnerville
Truth be told on this board the focus is on out recruiting Louisville but truth be told as nice if youre a Wildcat Follower it is would be for Kentucky to beat Louisville for theWildcats their sights should be set on Missouri...they are in their Division and the Wildcats have also Out Recruited the School in Columbia, Missouri the past 3 years.

For Louisville..the Early Schedule is a Test but I love it...I love the fact we get to see were we are actually at as a Program...I remember the Citrus Bowl between Michigan State and Alabama a few years ago...Michigan State crushed them but it allowed Mark Dantonio to see where his Program needs to improve...I am very confident this Early Test and the Future Game Against Alabama will give Petrino the same opportunity to take Louisville to the next step.
Why do You Capitalize random Words like a Retard?

Oh wow!
I can't imagine how horrible the consequences could be!
I was actually defending Steelers when someone mentioned his name in the same sentence with Zipp.
You probably should mind your own business good sir...
Steelers has always been one of Zipps set up men....now he is a mod with power so what ever Zipp wants he gets.

I've read multiple posts in this thread predicting a double digit win, and others saying we (UK) will win "mark it down". I already have a friendly wager offer out on this board for anyone interested (see link). I will offer the same wager with the first two posters ($50 bet with each) here who want in. Here are my conditions, I am agreeable to UKErik holding the CASH from both of us. He already has my money in hand. He and I have wagered in the past, with the bets being paid off. That prevents any welching on the wager. The amounts ($50 per bet) are non-negotiable. Who are the first two posters in? You can contact UKErik at ukatlajes@hotmail.com to confirm what I say.

http://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/anyone-that-is-looking-to-put-their-where.103983/
Are mods allowed to gamble ......

If that's true, why does Tom hate the Underdogs and WKRD so much? I can answer. It's because they cover UK too much and also are far to critical of UofL. Vanetti trashes UofL far too much for me. Won't listen anymore.
Because Chairman Turtleneck has much more interest in promoting the glorious nation of Louisvillistan than in silly concepts like a "free and open press who can report honestly without fear of reprisal"?

Radio stations that are only 75% pro-UL are an abomination, and if all were right and just in the world, our glorious leader could sever the hands of those who libel in the paper and the tongues of all who slander on the radio.

Unfortunately, we live in a savage nation which attempts to grant these snakes in the press the ability to "report as they see fit", and though the Wise One influences a greater fraction of local media members than any other AD in the country, unfortunately, some still blaspheme and elude his grasp.

The Underdogs and WKRD are 100% UofL all day EVERYDAY!

They attempt to "appear" to be unbiased when discussing UK at times but they can't hide it.

They make comments about UofL competing with and being on the same level as schools like Alabama as if it's just a random fact.

Their takes on UK are so skewed it's ridiculous and they never correct callers who make outrageous comments about UK.

The delusion that UofL fans live in is reinforced through the local media in Jefferson County.

I know that it's a UofL radio station and that's fine and I believe that Jurich gets his message out through these people.

Quite amazing too me how much time, money, effort Jurich expends on local radio programming. Wasn't good enough to do a hostile takeover of AM 790 and install puppets like Demling & Vinnetti....he had to then corrupt AM 680 with Deener & Bob Valvano, then get an FM station to put on pieces of filth who are amazingly even more pathetic sycophants in Howie & John Ramsey.

Maybe if he spent less time on radio content he could remove the yolk of forced athletic department dues that are stolen from every UL student every semester? Or require his football program to be built with quality young men rather than criminal castoffs? Or keep his basketball & football coach from having sex with women who are not their wives/mothers of their children?

Quite amazing too me how much time, money, effort Jurich expends on local radio programming. Wasn't good enough to do a hostile takeover of AM 790 and install puppets like Demling & Vinnetti....he had to then corrupt AM 680 with Deener & Bob Valvano, then get an FM station to put on pieces of filth who are amazingly even more pathetic sycophants in Howie & John Ramsey.

Maybe if he spent less time on radio content he could remove the yolk of forced athletic department dues that are stolen from every UL student every semester? Or require his football program to be built with quality young men rather than criminal castoffs? Or keep his basketball & football coach from having sex with women who are not their wives/mothers of their children?
Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT