ADVERTISEMENT

Even Rick Bozich Thinks UK will Win 7, Beating UL and Florida

I start convincing myself that we can beat UofL this year and then I turn on the radio...

After listening to the Underdogs, Jodi Demling, and the callers, I'm not sure that UofL couldn't compete with NFL teams.

I'm not even kidding...

They really believe it and it's hard to keep perspective while listening to them.

I'm shocked that Bozo predicted this and I'm sure that he'll get some backlash over it.

Remember 2 years ago the big summer story was "would Tom Brady rather have ul's receivers than his own"?

It's amazing how little perspective UL fans have about their place in the landscape of college football. Since Petrino's first stint as coach I can only remember a handful of ranked teams that they've beat and that was 10 years ago. They've convinced themselves that beating UCONN, Cinci, and Rutgers for so long made them a top 25 program. Now UK is so far beneath them that I have absolutely no idea how they'll be able to explain losing to us this year. Will Stoops have out-coached the genius Petrino? They act like Stoops is incompetent and on Joker's level of coaching acumen. Will recruiting rankings matter all of a sudden? But Petrino takes 2 stars and makes them all-conference players. Players in Ohio can't hang with the ones they get in Florida. They've left no room for excuses they should beat us soundly in our house. I'm sure the refs will be awful that day

I start convincing myself that we can beat UofL this year and then I turn on the radio...

After listening to the Underdogs, Jodi Demling, and the callers, I'm not sure that UofL couldn't compete with NFL teams.

I'm not even kidding...

They really believe it and it's hard to keep perspective while listening to them.

I'm shocked that Bozo predicted this and I'm sure that he'll get some backlash over it.

You are listening to the Underdogs on station WKRD. The Underdogs are unapologetically biased towards UL.

That is absolutely the worst talk show on radio...its pure garbage...no insightful convo, just simply a UL radio pep rally

Reactions: brianpoe
The goobers on those radio shows only speak what Jurich tells them to say. They are paid mouthpieces for UofL athletics and are constantly praising them while they denigrate UK.

Those shows are beyond bad.

You are listening to the Underdogs on station WKRD. The Underdogs are unapologetically biased towards UL.
I know exactly who they are and what they're about.

I don't REALLY believe what they say.

I was just making a point about how an uninformed person (such as a person from another country who's never seen college football) could hear these people and come away thinking that Louisville is the undisputed capital of the sports world.

Maybe there should be some kind of social experiment about Louisville fans to get an understanding of how people can become so delusional about their place in the scheme of things.

Many of their fans believe that if you put UK uniforms on Ohio State's team, they'd go 2-10.

Reactions: SlykkteeHMail
I listen to them on the radio most days too. Would rather have a UK radio station to listen to going to and from work. But, I like the comedic relief.

Well, if Bozich said it, it has to be true. Fact is, both teams have monster holes to patch. UofL needs an entire O Line. UK brings back everyone but their two legit stars from last year's 75th ranked defense.

In one sense it is like a wrestling match between the two world's tallest midgets. On another level, Louisville's early gnarly schedule will be a huge reveal as to whether their talk matches their performance. Losing 10 players to the NFL should absolutely decimate them. Winning early would prove they can now reload and that talk has substance. UK beating someone besides USC and Vandy would take the momentum in another direction still.

I don't waste my time on Zipp anymore. Steelers can admit when you have a point and carry an intelligent conversation. Zipp fabricates fairy tales in his mind and convinces himself that they're reality somehow. I've tried to wrap my head around the thought that Zipp actually believes the BS that he posts and have given him the benefit of the doubt that it's just an act and he's created this trolling/baiting character on the Internet for a good laugh. It's getting harder and harder to believe that a reasonable person could pretend for so long and never break character so I'm starting to believe that he's schizo

Well, if Bozich said it, it has to be true. Fact is, both teams have monster holes to patch. UofL needs an entire O Line. UK brings back everyone but their two legit stars from last year's 75th ranked defense.

In one sense it is like a wrestling match between the two world's tallest midgets. On another level, Louisville's early gnarly schedule will be a huge reveal as to whether their talk matches their performance. Losing 10 players to the NFL should absolutely decimate them. Winning early would prove they can now reload and that talk has substance. UK beating someone besides USC and Vandy would take the momentum in another direction still.

Truth be told on this board the focus is on out recruiting Louisville but truth be told as nice if youre a Wildcat Follower it is would be for Kentucky to beat Louisville for theWildcats their sights should be set on Missouri...they are in their Division and the Wildcats have also Out Recruited the School in Columbia, Missouri the past 3 years.

For Louisville..the Early Schedule is a Test but I love it...I love the fact we get to see were we are actually at as a Program...I remember the Citrus Bowl between Michigan State and Alabama a few years ago...Michigan State crushed them but it allowed Mark Dantonio to see where his Program needs to improve...I am very confident this Early Test and the Future Game Against Alabama will give Petrino the same opportunity to take Louisville to the next step.

I don't waste my time on Zipp anymore. Steelers can admit when you have a point and carry an intelligent conversation. Zipp fabricates fairy tales in his mind and convinces himself that they're reality somehow. I've tried to wrap my head around the thought that Zipp actually believes the BS that he posts and have given him the benefit of the doubt that it's just an act and he's created this trolling/baiting character on the Internet for a good laugh. It's getting harder and harder to believe that a reasonable person could pretend for so long and never break character so I'm starting to believe that he's schizo
You are right...

I can easily admit that UofL has built a really good football program and all of their fans aren't knuckleheads.

Zipp will NEVER EVER say anything positive about UK in any way shape or form.

He would probably say that every UK fan is going to hell.

The only bad thing about us talking about him is that he views it as a victory of some sort to have his name mentioned.

You are right...

I can easily admit that UofL has built a really good football program and all of their fans aren't knuckleheads.

The only bad thing about us talking about him is that he views it as a victory of some sort to have his name mentioned.
Isn't Zipp the guy who was posting pics of kids after or during the Sandusky scandal?

It was like he had an infatuation with pedophiles.

Truth be told on this board the focus is on out recruiting Louisville but truth be told as nice if youre a Wildcat Follower it is would be for Kentucky to beat Louisville for theWildcats their sights should be set on Missouri...they are in their Division and the Wildcats have also Out Recruited the School in Columbia, Missouri the past 3 years.

For Louisville..the Early Schedule is a Test but I love it...I love the fact we get to see were we are actually at as a Program...I remember the Citrus Bowl between Michigan State and Alabama a few years ago...Michigan State crushed them but it allowed Mark Dantonio to see where his Program needs to improve...I am very confident this Early Test and the Future Game Against Alabama will give Petrino the same opportunity to take Louisville to the next step.
Was at the Mizzou game last year and you are right...No reason we shouldn't have beaten them and Otis last year...need to make critical plays at the right times...Looking forward to this season...

You are right...

Sounds like the UL version of Jauk

Lol Zippy is a different kind of character. It's pretty comical really.
He tries to articulate every single comment that he makes (while throwing in the phrases "LPT" and "slapd!cks", followed by a bunch of irrelevant comments and half-assed statistics), and when somebody proves him wrong, he either cries about it, or has the mods delete threads.
I still remember spontaneously making a thread about how UK players don't care about UK. After the point was made that former UK players visit Kentucky all the time, and stay in contact with coach, the fans, etc., he went on to turn it into a Boogie Cousins discussion mid-way through the thread. Tried saying that Boogie hated Kentucky and didn't care about the school in any way, shape, or form. Then somebody posted a tweet from Cousins, where he built a UK basketball court in his back yard, and Zippy had the whole damn thread deleted.
If you even need an example of a well-spoken idiot, Zipp is your guy. He's leading by example every single day.

We HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO beat Louisville this year..HAVE TO..I can't listen to another year of their fans talking like their football team is light years ahead of us even though we lost by 4 points in their own backyard last year..a close or competitive game won't cut it..we HAVE to win

Zipp is priceless. Two of his more recent gems: arguing that the 2014 UK team was not much better, if at all better, than 2013 UK team; and insisting that the University of Louisville is the flagship university in Kentucky.

rickbozich ‏@rickbozich 5h5 hours ago
Mark Stoops says Kentucky will be better. I say good enough to win 7 and beat Florida and Louisville. http://bit.ly/1MXZ5qA
At this point nobody including Bozich could really have any idea how the teams will match up come November.
UK has a new offense under a new OC that nobody as seen and UL has a New unproven O-line. I think the only thing you can be sure of is the UL from 7 on defense will be really good and UK as a whole should be improved.

The fact that the game is a UK really means very little. UL has always played well in Lexington even during the awful Kragthrope years.

Reactions: The Public Enemy

Says the classic version of what I call a frontrunner, UK your first team in basketball and TU your first team in football. Glad you decided to join the football fan base though, it shows we are getting to be relevant. I don't think anyone has ever accused me of cheating them out of anything, let alone some of the outrageous things you read about zipp, whoever he is.

I hate all cheaters, and might have given up my UK football fandom temporarily if UK had hired BP, but while TU has built your 100,000 seat program on decades of cheating, including the "Orange Pride" and letting thugs off with attempted murder without even a parking ticket I think jurich and the unbelievable crew he has assembled has surpassed you in lack of morals recently.

Says the classic version of what I call a frontrunner, UK your first team in basketball and TU your first team in football. Glad you decided to join the football fan base though, it shows we are getting to be relevant. I don't think anyone has ever accused me of cheating them out of anything, let alone some of the outrageous things you read about zipp, whoever he is.

I hate all cheaters, and might have given up my UK football fandom temporarily if UK had hired BP, but while TU has built your 100,000 seat program on decades of cheating, including the "Orange Pride" and letting thugs off with attempted murder without even a parking ticket I think jurich and the unbelievable crew he has assembled has surpassed you in lack of morals recently.

I was just joking because he said he would never say anything positive about UK. And you basically proved that similarity in your response. :)

At this point nobody including Bozich could really have any idea how the teams will match up come November.
UK has a new offense under a new OC that nobody as seen and UL has a New unproven O-line. I think the only thing you can be sure of is the UL from 7 on defense will be really good and UK as a whole should be improved.

The fact that the game is a UK really means very little. UL has always played well in Lexington even during the awful Kragthrope years.

You have more than just an unproven Oline. You have an unproven WR corps, unproven QB that couldn't keep his job last year, and an unproven secondary. You lost nearly all of your depth across the board with over half of your two deep on offense and defense graduating or leaving early for the NFL. You also never beat us with Kragthorpe so how well did you actually play? I wouldn't bank on playing well in CWS going forward Stoops will start packing the place again. Past performance has zero bearing on future performance in an away game at a certain stadium. That'd be like me saying it doesn't matter that we go to UGA this year we usually play well there. That doesn't mean it won't be a really tough place to play or guarantee any level of success there

Despite my handle I'm not quite so bold as to predict those wins. I do however only consider 2 games certain losses. Auburn and Georgia. I think the Cat's could win any of the other's, and hopefully will enough of them to get to 7 wins. Certainly 6. Both UT and UL in Lexington hopefully help. With it being August now my excitement is starting to build. NFL pre-season starts in a matter of days, and college football and the NFL are just around the corner. Fall is by far my favorite time of year, and football just makes it better!

ADVERTISEMENT