C/PF Kristaps Porzingis
2g/SF Shabazz Muhammad
2g/SF James Young
SF Kelly Oubre

Miracle
Guards: Steph Curry/Derrick Rose/Jrue Holiday/Avery Bradley
Wings: Kevin Love/Trevor Ariza/Paul Pierce, Jae Crowder
Bigs: Al Horford/Hassan Whiteside/Tim Duncan,

I just copied my last post and his. Not going to help him out by formatting but if he wants to post a formatted roster, I'll copy it into the first post.

Catpaw says: Another easy choice. One team has 3 former Cats and the other team has zero...zilch...nada.

Major advantage: Dream Team

{{Sidenote: It's easy to tell who the rookie GM's are this season. Someone needs to remind them which message board they are posting on before they choose their roster.}}

How can you have a poll question that asks who is better suited to win now and in the future? Those are two distinct questions. I would choose a different team for who is suited to win now, and another for the future.

How can you have a poll question that asks who is better suited to win now and in the future? Those are two distinct questions. I would choose a different team for who is suited to win now, and another for the future.
Dirk retires and Embiid replaces him. If James Young doesn't develop, I'll go will wall defending the 2 and Jennings guarding the when Wade retires in 3 years. If Embiid stays hurt, I have Porzingis waiting.

Clearly a team for now-and-later.

It isn't one or the either it is both, win now and win in future with one roster. Some are stronger now, others have brighter future some are equal balanced. One team may be better suited to win now and opponent a better upside, you get to decide the balance.

I'd like to hear Miracle's pitch for his team. There's potential there with the roster, interested in how he'd use it.

Honestly, I see my team being versatile enough to impose it's will and adapt to anything any team could do. If I was going to do my thing to make other teams adapt I guess I'm going Rose, Curry, Pierce, Love, Duncan. I mean good luck defending that. That's size, speed, shooting, rebounding, clutchness, youthful and veteran, it's everything. Then you've got Holiday and Avery Bradley to play with. The main thing I can say in my favor in this match-up is who on that team besides Nerlens at the rim is going to be able to guard my guys in any capacity. My team is full of elite scoring and elite defense. Unless your voting stritcly on UK players on the team then there is literally no way in any kind of format you could think that team is better than mine.

Amusing. Sorry miracle but for drafting 3rd, I have a far superior team filled with dream team members and Wall who should have been on it. Anytime a sentence begins with 'Honestly' that means they don't believe it themselves. lol

I don't mind that this turns into a forum popularity contest at all but let's be real here. My team beats the miracles by 30.

In a popularity vote, my team is toast. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Dirk retires and Embiid replaces him. If James Young doesn't develop, I'll go will wall defending the 2 and Jennings guarding the when Wade retires in 3 years. If Embiid stays hurt, I have Porzingis waiting.

Clearly a team for now-and-later.
Yeah, but you're starting 3 players in their 30s, backed up by a bunch of unknowns. I originally thought your team was better suited to win now, but I'm not really sure about that. Either way, the winning now is pretty close. However, I think the winning in the future is clearly Miracle's team.

Realistically, Dream Team's lineup in a couple years looks like:
Wall
Jennings
Carmelo
Embiid
Noel
I don't think that's a great team. If all the question marks work out, then it could be a very good team. But nobody knows if Embiid will ever be healthy, or if Young, Porzingis, Oubre, and even Embiid will ever develop into stars.

On the other hand, Miracle's lineup in a couple years looks like:
Curry
Rose
Ariza
Love
Horford
I think that lineup is better, and more proven, than Dream Team's. Not only that, but I like his bench of Holiday, Bradley, Crowder, and Whiteside. All the players are pretty much proven, and they are all in their 20s right now. I don't see many weaknesses or question marks with Miracle's team, now or in the future.

Yeah, but you're starting 3 players in their 30s, backed up by a bunch of unknowns. I originally thought your team was better suited to win now, but I'm not really sure about that. Either way, the winning now is pretty close. However, I think the winning in the future is clearly Miracle's team.

Realistically, Dream Team's lineup in a couple years looks like:
Wall
Jennings
Carmelo
Embiid
Noel
I don't think that's a great team. If all the question marks work out, then it could be a very good team. But nobody knows if Embiid will ever be healthy, or if Young, Porzingis, Oubre, and even Embiid will ever develop into stars.

On the other hand, Miracle's lineup in a couple years looks like:
Curry
Rose
Ariza
Love
Horford
I think that lineup is better, and more proven, than Dream Team's. Not only that, but I like his bench of Holiday, Bradley, Crowder, and Whiteside. All the players are pretty much proven, and they are all in their 20s right now. I don't see many weaknesses or question marks with Miracle's team, now or in the future.
Rose is no sure bet. Love showed he couldn't guard me @ 41 and you're left with Curry. It's not like when a player retires we just lose a roster spot. It would be filled by further draft picks later but even with it not being filled, I think my team would be superior.

It's not even close next season but you have a right to your opinion no matter how unfounded it may be. :)

As Cal would say I like my team. I have 7 All-Star's to your 4 and somehow I only ended up with 11 players to everyone else's 12. 3 of 4 your all-stars are done. Tim Duncan is the oldest guy on either team but guess what for the last 5 years people have been doubting him but he keeps coming back as one of the 10 best players in the league bar none every year. Paul Pierce owns the biggest chump on either team and that is Carmelo. Wade has a hard time staying on the court for any period of extended time. To say that your team would win by 30 is maybe the funniest thing I've heard in all the draft topics. You must not watch the NBA my team would destroy yours today, 5 years from now, 10 years from now. Like I said my team is filled with elite scoring and elite defense. You have 1 elite defender in Nerlens and 1 elite scorer in Melo. That's it. Wade and Dirk can't score at elite levels anymore and can't play defense at all. If you go player by player I think I have the edge nearly everywhere

Dream team
PG John Wall
2G Dwayne Wade
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Nerlens Noel

BENCH
C Joel Embiid
PG Brandon Jennings
SF Harrison Barnes
C/PF Kristaps Porzingis
2g/SF Shabazz Muhammad
2g/SF James Young
SF Kelly Oubre

Miracle
Guards: Steph Curry/Derrick Rose/Jrue Holiday/Avery Bradley
Wings: Kevin Love/Trevor Ariza/Paul Pierce, Jae Crowder
Bigs: Al Horford/Hassan Whiteside/Tim Duncan,

Dream Team 13 has a deep team with a mix of young and old talent. Worried about the 2 guard position - Wade can't go every night and Shabazz is best posting up. Young is meh. Wall is a beast. Melo still strong, and can roll into PF (probably his best position). Dirk's still got a few years left as an above average player that generates space. Noel/Porzingis/Embiid is probably the 76ers frontline after tomorrow night - raw, tons of potential, some risk. This team can compete now and, potentially, in the future. Could be a beast in 5 years, but so many ifs at the wings. A lot of guys are raw or on the backside of the aging curve. I wonder if the peaks will align enough to win?

Curry is the best player on either team, in his prime, and should age well. If you can stagger their injuries, Rose/Holiday is a heck of a second guard. Bradley fits as a 3 and D guy. Love is a PF, not a wing at all, but nice wing depth with Ariza/Pierce/Crowder (terrific defender). Good mix of ages up front as you have Whiteside (24?), Love (26), Horford (like 30 ish), and Duncan (like 60 ish). Gotta be worried about the lack of real youth, but for the next 5-7 years the team is young enough - will have Curry, Love, Holiday, Bradley, Crowder in their primes. Whiteside, too, assuming he's not a complete knucklehead.

Miracle by a nose, and only because I value present production over future potential.

great young talent for dream team on that bench. i did take miracles because his front court is stacked. dream team with wade/anthony/wall definitely in the draft's conference finals the first couple years imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT