ADVERTISEMENT

NBA GM Draft Poll

Which of these teams would you LEAST like to be a fan of over the next 5 years?

• Gonzocat90

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Ukcats1988

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aike

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Gossie21

• Catsfan3523

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • JBHolmesFan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rupp's runt

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Cats192

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • BigBlueFanGA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UKcats1988

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 3, 2013
Choose two teams that you'd LEAST like to be a fan of over the next 5 years.

Rupps runt- Coach- Stan Van Gundy. Kevin Durant, F, Kyrie Irving G., Andre Drummond, C. Kevin Love, F. Dwyane Wade, G. Victor Oladipo, G. Dwight Howard, C. Kenneth Faried, F. Rudy Gay, F. Jeff Teague, G. Willie Cauley Stein, C/F. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, G/F.

BigBlueFanGA- Coach- Rick Carlisle. Stephen Curry, G. DeMar DeRozan, G., DeAndre Jordan, C. Jamal Murray, G. Derrick Favors F/C. Enes Kanter, C/F. Chandler Parsons, F. Kris Dunn, G. Trey Lyles, F. Evan Fournier, G. Terrence Ross, G/F. Harrison Barnes, F.

GonzoCat90-Coach- Erik Spoelstra. Russell Westbrook, G. Draymond Green, F, Hassan Whiteside, C. Andrew Wiggins G/F. Nicolas Batum, G/F. Serge Ibaka F/C. Ben Simmons, F. JJ Redick, G. Danilo Gallinari, F. Myles Turner, C/F. Goran Dragic, G. JR Smith, G.

Cats192-Coach- Doc Rivers. Kawhi Leonard, F. James Harden, G. Kyle Lowry, G. Al Horford, C/F. Marc Gasol, C. Brook Lopez, C. Mike Conley, G. Andre Iguodola, F. Danny Green, G. Chris Bosh, F/C. Wes Matthews, G. Jonas Valancianus, C.

JBHolmesFan-Coach- Brad Stevens. Anthony Davis, F. Damian Lillard, G, Blake Griffin, F. Carmelo Anthony, F. Avery Bradley, G. Nerlens Noel F/C. Jae Crowder, F. Jrue Holiday, G. Al Jefferson, C. Buddy Hield, G. Tyreke Evans, F/G. Justise Winslow, F.

Gossie21- Coach- Gregg Popovich. Karl Towns, C. Lemarcus Aldridge, F. Kemba Walker, G. CJ McCollum, G. Khris Middleton, G/F. Julius Randle F. Bismack Biyombo, C. Jabari Parker, F. Elfrid Payton, G. Aaron Gordon, F. Rodney Hood, G/F. Aaron Harrison, G.

UKCats1988- Coach- Steve Kerr. Demarcus Cousins, C. Chris Paul, G, Gordon Hayward,F/G. Paul Millsap F. Eric Bledsoe, G. Bradley Beal, G. Nikola Jokic C/F. Brandon Ingram, F. Tobias Harris, F. Allen Crabbe, G. Patrick Patterson, F/C. Kent Bazemore, F/G.

Aike- Coach- Luke Walton. John Wall, G. Klay Thompson, G, Greak Freak, F/G. Devin Booker, G. Michael Kidd Gilchrist, F. Rudy Gobert, C. Tristan Thompson, C/F. Tyler Ulis, G. Steven Adams, C. Zach Lavine, G. Stanley Johnson, G/F. Dragan Bender, F.

Catsfan3523-Coach- Jason Kidd. Paul George, F/G. Jimmy Butler, G/F, Isaiah Thomas, G., Kristaps Porzingis F. Reggie Jackson, G. Nikola Vucevic C. Brandon Knight, G. Dirk Nowitzki, F. D'Angelo Russell, G. Greg Monroe, C/F. Jaylen Brown, F. Ryan Anderson, F.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
I know it says it multiple times clearly, but you're voting for LEAST favorite team here. We're trying to narrow it down to 8 teams so we can make a bracket.

Again, vote for the team you want to eliminate.

I know it says it multiple times clearly, but you're voting for LEAST favorite team here. We're trying to narrow it down to 8 teams so we can make a bracket.

Again, vote for the team you want to eliminate.

I did all caps twice! Wanted to be sure that doesn't get missed.

I took Brad Stevens who I expect in 5 years will be considered the best coach in the league. Pop is a great but will he be there for all 5?

I'd say so. He's coaching the Olympics in 2020 and part of their pitch to Aldridge was that he'd be around.

Reactions: gossie21
I'd say so. He's coaching the Olympics in 2020 and part of their pitch to Aldridge was that he'd be around.
I didn't see that. That's interesting. Surely he can retire whenever he wants but that suggests he's going to be around for a little while longer. I thought he was going to go when the last of the big 3 retired.

I didn't see that. That's interesting. Surely he can retire whenever he wants but that suggests he's going to be around for a little while longer. I thought he was going to go when the last of the big 3 retired.
He's got a new cast to bring along. Leonard and Aldridge will keep the Spurs in contention for a title, they probably still need some more help though with Parker fading.

He's got a new cast to bring along. Leonard and Aldridge will keep the Spurs in contention for a title, they probably still need some more help though with Parker fading.
He's a phenomenal coach. I don't follow the Spurs closely and last I heard were rumors that he was leaving whenever Duncan left. Obviously that didn't happen. I'd still pick Stevens as my coach though. Boston probably had the 7-9th most talented roster in the East and still finished tied for 3rd record wise. Swept Miami but they got the 3 seed somehow.

Gonzo, it appears you intentionally drafted the easiest team to hate. I wanted to vote for you twice!!

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
He's a phenomenal coach. I don't follow the Spurs closely and last I heard were rumors that he was leaving whenever Duncan left. Obviously that didn't happen. I'd still pick Stevens as my coach though. Boston probably had the 7-9th most talented roster in the East and still finished tied for 3rd record wise. Swept Miami but they got the 3 seed somehow.
I think the only coaches that have a positive impact on their teams, for our purposes, are Popovich, Stevens, and Kerr.

I think the other coaches are either no impact, or a negative impact.

Gonzo, it appears you intentionally drafted the easiest team to hate. I wanted to vote for you twice!!
I got the sense that he was trying to throw the competition by picking the most unlikable team. It was a bold strategy to be sure.

Should we do seedings after this poll? Perhaps the team with the least votes plays the team that wins the play in game.

Last edited:
We could do that or random match ups. Whatever everyone thinks.
Random matchups is ok with me but doing that could mean the 6th and 7th place teams play and then the 1st and 2nd place teams play. Maybe we should wait until the polls are closed. It's still very early in the polling. If it's close between all teams then random would be ok. If there's 3-4 teams that got very little votes, maybe they shouldn't be matched up.

I think we ought to do something me form of seeding. Let's see what this round of voting plus the play-in game show us. It might give us a good idea how to set up the next round.

Bias because this board hates half my team for inane reasons. Only here will Tyler Ulis be more valuable than Russell Westbrook.

Westbrook
Wiggins
Batum
Green
Whiteside

That is just sick nasty. Ben Simmons, Ibaka, Myles Turner, Reddick, etc... yea i mean that is going to be a squad, GB, Gossie, and Aike are nice too but man you cant be a round 1 loser this tournament needs to be defunct if you are

Reactions: Big_Blue79
C'mon now, that's hurtful. I put a lot of time into finishing up his roster.

David Blatt (coach)
Lebron (F), Peyton Siva (G), Montrezl Harrell (monster), Cliff Alexander (invisible), Josh Selby (G), Marcin Gortat (F/C), Jahlil Okafor (boxer), Ricky Rubio (G/matador), Shaun Livingston (G), Taj Gibson (F), Gorgios Pappagianis (obviously), Timofy Mozgov ($64,000,000)

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Westbrook
Wiggins
Batum
Green
Whiteside

That is just sick nasty. Ben Simmons, Ibaka, Myles Turner, Reddick, etc... yea i mean that is going to be a squad, GB, Gossie, and Aike are nice too but man you cant be a round 1 loser this tournament needs to be defunct if you are

Obviously, I agree. I saw pretty early that folks were going to try and pander, so I thought it would be interesting to just draft the best team with no UK bias to help.

I'd say we all think we have the best team, and I do think I drafted the toughest squad for the current versatile, pace and space, switch everything defensively NBA, but we'll see.

Maybe some people had rather be fans of the team that loses in the Finals instead of winning the NBA title. That Warriors bandwagon is mighty contagious.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Westbrook
Wiggins
Batum
Green
Whiteside

I wouldn't worry too much. It's s play-in matchup at worst. And Gonzo has a way of rallying support. I still wouldn't count him out.

This play-in game (or play-out) has a disadvantage for those of us who campaign for our team/players. It's not set up for us to make arguments and extol the greatness of our teams vs the weakness of the opposition. There's just too many opponents and you can't rag on every team without it becoming a bad look for you.

David Blatt (coach)
Lebron (F), Peyton Siva (G), Montrezl Harrell (monster), Cliff Alexander (invisible), Josh Selby (G), Marcin Gortat (F/C), Jahlil Okafor (boxer), Ricky Rubio (G/matador), Shaun Livingston (G), Taj Gibson (F), Gorgios Pappagianis (obviously), Timofy Mozgov ($64,000,000)

That team beats my Lakers in a 7 game series. With ease.

Reactions: gossie21

David Blatt (coach)

I'd like offer my services as GM to help improve this team. 1st drop Livingston, Gibson, Gortat, and Nick Papagiorgio. 2nd fire Blatt. 3rd add Tyler Zeller, Cody Zeller, Ben Hansborough, and Tyler Hansborough. 4th Hire Tom Crean. 5th win every game

Bias because this board hates half my team for inane reasons. Only here will Tyler Ulis be more valuable than Russell Westbrook.
Perhaps for next year change up the wording. Instead of being a team you'd like to be a fan of have it more based on success. I think you have a really good team, but I dislike Draymond. I'm sure others feel similar.

I love Tyler Ulis, but the fact that he's on one of these rosters is purely an attempt to get votes, like you alluded to. There's 10 teams meaning everyone should have multiple real life starting PGs on their roster and some even will be left off. Ulis, for as much as we may love him, really should hurt his team.

rvnK.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT