ADVERTISEMENT

NBA GM Draft Poll

Which of these teams would you LEAST like to be a fan of over the next 5 years?

• Gonzocat90

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Ukcats1988

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aike

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Gossie21

• Catsfan3523

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • JBHolmesFan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rupp's runt

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Cats192

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • BigBlueFanGA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like offer my services as GM to help improve this team. 1st drop Livingston, Gibson, Gortat, and Nick Papagiorgio. 2nd fire Blatt. 3rd add Tyler Zeller, Cody Zeller, Ben Hansborough, and Tyler Hansborough. 4th Hire Tom Crean. 5th win every game
You're fired.

Edit. I just realized. You're Michael Jordan. The GM not the player. Although I suppose they're the same person, but still.....

I don't personally know anyone on here, and I'm hesitant to post my thoughts on the rosters until the poll is closed, but that Gonzo team is objectively the best team for today's NBA, imho. Switching, athletic, size, speed, shooting, etc... It's loaded on versatile, 2-way wings, which are the new currency of the realm.

Edit: most of these teams are fantastic, just love versatile wing types for a roster.

I think Gonzo has a top 3 team. I think next time we need to word it "which team is the best" though.

I think Gonzo has a top 3 team. I think next time we need to word it "which team is the best" though.
The assignment was to build a team people would most like to be a fan of. Players like Andrew Wiggins, Ben Simmons, and JJ Reddick are great players, they each have an elite NBA talent. But a lot of people on here wouldn't want to be a fan because of bias towards the players while they were in college.

I think most people will ultimately be able to separate UK fan dislike of players when considering the rosters. Ultimately as a fan you want to cheer for a winner. So you need to look at a combination of factors not the least of which is "will this team be competing for titles?" In that regard I think Gonzo is fine. And even if he has to go through a play-in game, he will have a VCU (circa 2011) style rejuvenation and run roughshod over the competition. As per usual.

To be completely fair, it was @GonzoCat90 who selected the wording about team you would most enjoy being a fan of.

I drafted accordingly. I would definitely enjoy being a fan of my team the most.

As a cherry on top, my team can also win. But let's not lose sight of the objective laid out by our fearless leader. :D

For the record, if "pandering" is picking exciting players that everyone likes and would love to have on their team, I'll pander every time.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Yea I agree, I meant the next time we do this draft we should be assigned to build the best team not which would you rather be a fan of.

So it's looking like Gonzo vs catsfan for a play in. How are we going to decide the other match ups?

Yea I agree, I meant the next time we do this draft we should be assigned to build the best team not which would you rather be a fan of.
The criteria is slightly different every year. I like changing things up. Just saying the "best team" is too broad. Last year it was who has the best chance to win now and over the next 5 years. Slightly different, but more of an emphasis on winning.

Reactions: UKcats1988 and Aike
Sounds good to me, if I'm tied with JBHolmesFan I don't care to take the 2 seed so there's no debate.

Sounds good to me, if I'm tied with JBHolmesFan I don't care to take the 2 seed so there's no debate.
It doesn't matter to me either. I just felt it wouldn't have been the best if we randomly got paired up (or the 2 least got getters when it's all done).

After this poll closes I'll start a new one between gonzo and catsfan. Should we start the other match ups then too besides the 1 vs 8 since we'll know what they're going to be?

After this poll closes I'll start a new one between gonzo and catsfan. Should we start the other match ups then too besides the 1 vs 8 since we'll know what they're going to be?
I would say let's start everyone at the same time. Maybe run the play-in poll tomorrow, and start round 1 on Monday.

I think next time we should get 8-12 posters who will stick and do this with a salary cap/salaries. Would be fun.
I like the salary idea. A guy like Isaiah Thomas is so much more valuable in real life because he's only making $7 million each of the next 2 years. Player contracts are vital in the NBA. It's hard to do it on here though.

I think next time we should get 8-12 posters who will stick and do this with a salary cap/salaries. Would be fun.
I like the idea of a salary cap. It will be hard to do on here though, unless somebody is constantly posting updated salary cap info.

The criteria is slightly different every year. I like changing things up. Just saying the "best team" is too broad. Last year it was who has the best chance to win now and over the next 5 years. Slightly different, but more of an emphasis on winning.
The part of the criteria that was REALLY important to me was the 5 year time span. By their mid 30's, even most stars have sharply declined in their abilities and that directly influences how fun they are to watch. That's how I see it at least. We have lots of guys drafted that either won't be playing in 5 years or will be a shadow of themselves. That's why I have a relatively young and proven coach and none of my players are over 28.

The part of the criteria that was REALLY important to me was the 5 year time span. By their mid 30's, even most stars have sharply declined in their abilities and that directly influences how fun they are to watch. That's how I see it at least. We have lots of guys drafted that either won't be playing in 5 years or will be a shadow of themselves. That's why I have a relatively young and proven coach and none of my players are over 28.

Think the oldest guy on my roster is Klay Thompson at 26.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Hypothetically speaking, if I felt a team had a chance to beat my team, I'd vote against that team.

Hypothetically speaking. Hypothetically.

Hypothetically speaking, if I felt a team had a chance to beat my team, I'd vote against that team.

I voted for the 2 rosters that I would enjoy the least. Yours was not one of them.

Hypothetically speaking, if you were wearing a tinfoil hat you might want to adjust it. :joy:

Hypothetically it would be better to take that approach in a knock out round.

I voted for the 2 rosters that I would enjoy the least. Yours was not one of them.

Hypothetically speaking, if you were wearing a tinfoil hat you might want to adjust it. :joy:

No tin foil hat. I'm going full wrestling heel.

Reactions: Aike
Gonzo vs catsfan3523 for the 8 seed. One of them can do the poll whenever since we aren't doing the next round until Monday.

Hmmm......... in a poll for least likable team (basically):
  • 0 votes - Ukcats1988 (3 former UK players), JBHolmesFan (2)
  • 2 votes - Aike (4), Gossie21 (3), BigBlueFanGA (3)
  • 3 votes - Rupp's runt (1)
  • 7 votes - Cats192 (0)
  • 12 votes - Gonzocat90 (0)
  • 13 votes - Catsfan3523 (0)
I am shocked, SHOCKED!

• 7 votes - Cats192 (0)
I am shocked, SHOCKED!

Catsfan has Brandon Knight

• 7 votes - Cats192 (0)
I am shocked, SHOCKED!
It was a bold strategy for some teams to avoid UK players, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off.

It was a bold strategy for some teams to avoid UK players, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off.

Not so much an explicit strategy as a refusal to draft summer league standouts over real championship level rotation players.

Not so much an explicit strategy as a refusal to draft summer league standouts over real championship level rotation players.

Hey man, it's a five year projection. Maybe your bench of Redick, Smith, and Dragic can win some kind of senior league in 2021.

Don't know about everyone else, but I would watch it. Love a good game of HORSE.

Hey man, it's a five year projection. Maybe your bench of Redick, Smith, and Dragic can win some kind of senior league in 2021.

Don't know about everyone else, but I would watch it. Love a good game of HORSE.

Thankfully they'll have started their team-mandated courses at UK by then. I'll win the HORSE league GM draft in a landslide.

I can't believe I forgot to draft Tony Parker as a backup PG. This man looks like he's ready to dominate my church league for the next 10 years or more.

tony-parker.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT