ADVERTISEMENT

Devonte Fields Qualifies for uavel football..

No, Louisville is a good football program with great facilities, located in an area with a small population base and mediocre (at best) high school football. Yes, there were quite a few worthy candidates available for the job, but none with Petrino's proven track record of winning as a head coach in the Big East and the SEC.

We weren't bidding against anybody for Petrino's services (in early 2014), but that would have changed in 2015 or 2016. The big salary and even bigger buyout locked him in through 2018, at least.

We DO have a great athletic director. Many UK fans hate him, and others give him grudging respect - which is at least one sign that he really IS a great athletic director.
You have no clue that bigger schools would have been after him in 15 and 16... And honestly I think he was completely black balled from the SEC after what happened at Arkansas...

Right, he was in a great bargaining position, wait, isn't UL one of the premier football programs in the nation, and weren't dozens of great established coaches vying for the job? Based on his previous record maybe he should have expected a $100K buyout, right, loyalty and no double dealing is his long suit you know.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying I think. I think Jurich could've paid him a lot less, but U of L was in a tight spot as well, heading into the ACC they needed a proven winner. Whether we care for Petrino or not, the guy wins.
I imagine Jurich demanded a large buyout, and Petrino said ok, but you're going to pay me big now because he knew UofL needed him as much as he needed UofL.

You have no clue that bigger schools would have been after him in 15 and 16... And honestly I think he was completely black balled from the SEC after what happened at Arkansas...
SCUMtrino was essentially blackballed from SEC after the Arkansas scandal.He couldn't get a sniff anywhere except Little Brudder where the sinning is not as important as the winning..:cool2::cool2:

Welcome the starting Cardinal QB class of 2016!!!

th

I don't have to have a clue as to whether bigger schools would have been after him, because the large contract with even larger buyout prevented every school in the country from even considering him until after the 2018 season.

Which was the point, actually. The decision to pay the man what we paid him wasn't about Bobby Petrino. It was about taking some of that guaranteed $18 million per year media windfall from joining the ACC and guaranteeing stability at the football head coaching position at UofL for at least the next five years. After Schnellenberger, UofL lost or fired coaches after 3 years, 5 years, 4 years, then 3 years, then 4 years.

So let me understand fully what you are saying.

A guy who flat out lied to his AD and players at UL, left an NFL team in the middle of the night without even having the guts to tell his players to their faces he was leaving, messed around on his wife, got his girlfriend a cushy job at this school, then again lied to his AD about his misconduct.
A guy who has done all of this (and probably more) is STABLE?

Wow.

GO CATS

Reactions: Girthang
So let me understand fully what you are saying.

A guy who flat out lied to his AD and players at UL, left an NFL team in the middle of the night without even having the guts to tell his players to their faces he was leaving, messed around on his wife, got his girlfriend a cushy job at this school, then again lied to his AD about his misconduct.
A guy who has done all of this (and probably more) is STABLE?

Wow.

GO CATS
all true words!!!!

And you pretended to be a police officer and stalk Rick Pitino. Stuff happens. I bet the people on here who are being so judgmental are people who have held within their subconscious minds the repressed guilt of a time where they too embarrassed themselves and others around them with their behavior. That's the benefit of the anonymous internet though. We will never know.

Well, it is better than pretending to be an intellectual as you are... GOOD DAY TARD BIRD BRAIN.

Tommy T ...The Media Nazi..

Yes... and I have heard from Radio talk show hosts in "Da Ville" that he threatens their livelihoods (a.k.a. job for you idiot card fans). So, pretty much, the SO CALLED media cannot write or say anything worth a damn and keep any kind of access to their coverage of sports. Fans of that team follow suit.

So you think that Louisville's failure to fire Pitino over the Sypher situation exposed them to be a "win at all costs" program more so than say, a university that has received NCAA sanctions for paying / attempting to pay for recruits? Furthermore it's interesting that while you claim to know all sorts of things about Louisville's shady operations - everything from cheating, to contract negotiations, to Tom Jurich's control over not just the media but actually the city of Louisville - but you have no idea about Pitino's activities while he was the coach at Kentucky.

Honestly it might be fun talking to you, if you ever had anything new to say...
Looking back on this post is very funny because they were in fact win at all cost. I love that years later the tide has shifted to where they only want to talk basketball with us.....but only after a win of course. They know they can't compete in the other sport anymore because Scatt is out there owning fools (Georgia Southern) on the recruiting trail.

I say all of that to say this I was just looking up BPGhost because on their board the loser is over there making fun of Mark Stoops and Chantel Stoops because of their divorce. You already knew the Louisville fan base was a disgusting group as is but having an entire thread about that was still surprising to me.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Think about that again. Just reading it maybe be shake my head again cause I forgot out ridiculous this is.

The guy PUNCHED HIS girlfriend in the face. And now he is playing for Louisville :football:
Did he turn down an offer from the KU basketball team?

He's my go to the second any U of L fan wants to talk crap about UK. It's only be a couple times I've had to go further to "that's fine if you want to defend it, just shut up when you daughter gets the crap kicked out of her."

Exactly!! My major concern is that they are at Louisville. We have enough violence in our communities from the people that are already here. Why bring more violent people to the area? UofL has made the decision to bring even more violent offenders to the Louisville Metro area. And we are all a little less safer because of it.
Hey they are only peaceful protesters and little angels.

I am just waiting for the UL trash to come over here and act like this is no big deal. They are absolute garbage from administration, to coaches, to players, and their fans.

There was a time many years ago when I was at UK that I thought UL fans might not be that bad. I knew at least a half dozen. They didn't say much then- because UL sucked.

Once they opened their mouths though, all illusions of character exploded. I know ONE that has some character. Out of all the ones I've met over the years- ONE that isn't a jerk. Male or female, doesn't matter. Anything UK touches they hate, unless that thing or person is rejected by UK or total trash and trashes UK.

Win at all costs. Always

Saw this post pop up and thought it would be just like 2020 for Fields to be returning to college football with some eligibility.

Pretty sure ole douchebag Joe played some games after this incident at OU.

Looking back on this post is very funny because they were in fact win at all cost. I love that years later the tide has shifted to where they only want to talk basketball with us.....but only after a win of course. They know they can't compete in the other sport anymore because Scatt is out there owning fools (Georgia Southern) on the recruiting trail.

I say all of that to say this I was just looking up BPGhost because on their board the loser is over there making fun of Mark Stoops and Chantel Stoops because of their divorce. You already knew the Louisville fan base was a disgusting group as is but having an entire thread about that was still surprising to me.

Definitely not a good look to bring up Stoops' divorce. I hope for the best Stoops and his wife going forward.

My Cards did have a decent early signing period this year, and I like the two Georgia Southern players (a safety and a wide receiver) and the offensive lineman from Virginia Tech that we've added in the transfer portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT