ADVERTISEMENT

Devonte Fields Qualifies for uavel football..

they could get a ham sandwich eligible if it could rush the passer, least shocking shocker in the history of shocks

Rich Brooks said it best at a tour stop about 10 yrs ago I attended, isnt it funny how everyone, EVERYONE that UL recruits gets eligible when many would not have at UK or most any other school, stay perfectly eligible for 5 years of football service....but yet so few actually end up with degrees once UL is done with them on the field

He qualified for UL the day he broke into a house and punched his girlfriend out. I guess Honest Bob doesn't agree with Charlie's team rule of not hitting women. It's bad enough at UL that Charlie actually had to post that as a team rule in the locker room [roll]

Think about that again. Just reading it maybe be shake my head again cause I forgot out ridiculous this is.

The guy PUNCHED HIS girlfriend in the face. And now he is playing for Louisville :football:

I think he waved a firearm around in addition to punching the woman as well. TCU didn't even wait for the legal process to play out it was so bad. It was evident that he was a POS woman beater and they said hit the road despite being Big 12 defensive player of the year. UL=cesspool

If I am a parent of a recruit, I don't want my son around all of these second chance kids. I would tell him you can go anywhere and be anything except a Card.

Reactions: UK till Death
He will be on the Deans list in 2 semesters and a team captain his SR year. Perfect example of what UL looks for in a student athlete.

I'm not a fan of taking these kids, but his charges were dropped and the coaches know more than we do.
His charges were only dropped because he completed court ordered anger management. If it wasn't so bad why did TCU boot him almost immediately? You don't kick your best defensive player out of school unless he did something REALLY bad.

It' win at ALL cost at UL. They will take anyone they can. They tried to get a convicted child molester in last year.

His charges were only dropped because he completed court ordered anger management. If it wasn't so bad why did TCU boot him almost immediately? You don't kick your best defensive player out of school unless he did something REALLY bad.

It' win at ALL cost at UL. They will take anyone they can. They tried to get a convicted child molester in last year.

You realize ESPN reported yesterday that Alabama and Saban inquired about Fields if UofL didn't ckear him academically...just a hunch Saban was going to use the Cleared of Charges to get around the SEC Rule...again this was reported by ESPN Big XII Beat Writer Max Olsen.

https://twitter.com/max_olson

You have talent even the Elite will take you...it is what it is

Last edited:
Reactions: My Old KY Home
I'm not a fan of taking these kids, but his charges were dropped and the coaches know more than we do.
While the charges were dropped, he was heard saying by witnesses and this in the police report, "i should blast you" while waving a gun around her head....

The ex-girlfriend of Devonte Fields told police she initially thought the TCU defensive end had a handgun during a recent domestic dispute but later recanted that claim, according to court documents obtained Wednesday by the Star-Telegram.

Fields, who turned himself in July 24 on an assault with bodily injury of a family member warrant, admitted being at the scene but denied ever assaulting the victim, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.

Fields, 20, the Big 12’s preseason defensive MVP, remains free on bond in the case. He’s been “separated” from TCU pending the criminal case, meaning he is not allowed on campus.

Haley Brown, also a TCU student, told investigators that she had broken up with Fields on June 1 after a two-year relationship.

The alleged assault occurred at a home in the 2700 block of Lubbock Avenue around 3:30 a.m. July 20.

According to the affidavit, Brown had been visiting a friend, talking to him in the bedroom, when she heard Fields screaming insults at her from outside the bedroom window. The window was then shattered and Brown told police that she saw Fields outside the broken window.

Fields then went to the front door, where he was let inside by her friend’s roommate. He charged through the house to the rear bedroom where Brown was, the affidavit states.

“The defendant [Fields] lunged at the victim and threw a punch towards her face,” the affidavit states. “The victim dodged the blow and fell to the floor.”

Brown had regained her footing and was attempting to defend herself by striking back at Fields when, according to the affidavit, he “punched at her again and struck her in the left jaw and right cheek area of her face.”

Brown, who suffered bruising, swelling, and bleeding, fell to the floor again but was able to escape to the bathroom where she called 911, the affidavit states.

The witnesses convinced Fields to leave the scene, according to the affidavit.

The arrest warrant affidavit states Brown “initially thought” Fields had a handgun, prompting the police report to be labeled as an aggravated assault.

According to the police report, Brown told responding officers that she thought Fields was holding a gun in one of his hands and that he pointed it at her, yelling “I should blast you!”

Brown verified the details described in the police report when contacted by phone July 21 by Detective C.W. Hubbard, the affidavit states.

But on July 22, in a meeting with the detective, she completed a revised written statement in which she recanted the handgun claim, the affidavit states.

Fields and his attorney also met with the investigator that same day. Fields provided his own written statement, admitting being at the house but denying he ever assaulted Brown, the affidavit states.

Assault with bodily injury to a family member is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article3867311.html#storylink=cpy

You realize ESPN reported yesterday that Alabama and Saban inquired about Fields if UofL didn't ckear him academically...just a hunch Saban was going to use the Cleared of Charges to get around the SEC Rule...again this was reported by ESPN Big XII Beat Writer Max Olsen.

https://twitter.com/max_olson

You have talent even the Elite will take you...it is what it is

If you guys would just admit that you take the scum of the earth and we only care about winning we probably wouldn't give UL such a hard time. You guys have a culture of it from Pitino, Petrino, Jurich, Fields the war on women at UL marches on.

If you guys would just admit that you take the scum of the earth and we only care about winning we probably wouldn't give UL such a hard time. You guys have a culture of it from Pitino, Petrino, Jurich, Fields the war on women at UL marches on.
Yep, you got it!

Some of them do admit it ,but they are ALL proud of it just like the angel family loving coaches they have...the two P's afore their wives..

The sad thing is that when the guy steps on the field all of his crimes will be forgotten about and the only thing the football analysts will talk about is his performance on the field (which will likely be great)..we see it time and time again..we as Kentucky fans are basically the only ones that are up in arms about Louisville getting these guys (because no one else really notices it or cares enough about Louisville's football program to say anything) and then once they get to Louisville they'll end up becoming all-conference players helping lead them to top-25 finishes and their past indiscretions will never be mentioned again as long as they play..I mean half of Louisville's team are guys like this but when you're watching a game on ESPN are the commentators talking about what crimes those guys committed or are they talking about how well they're playing? Once these guys join the team all of their past crimes, etc are completely forgotten and the only thing the average college football fan cares about is how good your team is..I know we complain about them getting these guys, but honestly who is really getting the last laugh? We can complain all we want about how Louisville is getting trash like this, but at the end of the day these guys will be all-conference players helping lead Louisville into the top-25...

I mean their entire athletics department has no character or morals at all and CBS just rated them the 2nd best athletics program in the entire country...they don't base your team on morals or the character of your players, they base them on wins and losses..Louisville has sold their soul to the devil in order to be good, but who's getting the last laugh? What good does it do us to sit there and complain about UofL taking these guys if no one is going to punish them and the only thing that will happen is that they're teams will continue to get better and better? It's obviously working for them and no one in the media seems to care..what they are doing is clearly wrong, but we in Kentucky seem to be the only ones out there that care about it, so what good does it do? They're getting a great player that will help them win football games..I hate it as much as anyone, but unless we're going to do something to keep him off the field, what's the point in getting upset about it?

They're basically picking up a 5-star recruit when they get this guy..I hate it, but no one in the media is going to step up and say anything, and they're working the system to their advantage..they're doing whatever they have to in order to win..it might make you sleep good at night with high morals, but I'd rather be winning honestly..I know that's bad, but this is a multi-billion dollar business where winning is the bottom line..I mean it would be different if Louisville was getting punished or having their national perception ruined for taking trash like this, but they're not (they're viewed badly around here because we're close to the situation and see all of the trash they take) nationally they're getting pats on the back because the only thing people care about is winning..we in Kentucky are the only ones that see Louisville as a dirty program..nationally they're looked at as a winner..

The average college football fan or analyst watching a game on ESPN doesn't know or care about the character of the guys they take or the crimes they've committed..all they see is a guy out there dominating and looking good on TV and a top-25 ranking beside their team name..so who is really getting the last laugh?

Last edited:
The sad thing is that when the guy steps on the field all of his crimes will be forgotten about and the only thing the football analysts will talk about is his performance on the field (which will likely be great)..we see it time and time again..we as Kentucky fans are basically the only ones that are up in arms about Louisville getting these guys (because no one else really notices it or cares enough about Louisville's football program to say anything) and then once they get to Louisville they'll end up becoming all-conference players helping lead them to top-25 finishes and their past indiscretions will never be mentioned again as long as they play..I mean half of Louisville's team are guys like this but when you're watching a game on ESPN are the commentators talking about what crimes those guys committed or are they talking about how well they're playing? Once these guys join the team all of their past crimes, etc are completely forgotten and the only thing the average college football fan cares about is how good your team is..I know we complain about them getting these guys, but honestly who is really getting the last laugh? We can complain all we want about how Louisville is getting trash like this, but at the end of the day these guys will be all-conference players helping lead Louisville into the top-25...I mean their entire athletics department has no character or morals at all and CBS just rated them the 2nd best athletics program in the entire country...they don't base your team on morals or the character of your players, they base them on wins and losses..Louisville has sold their soul to the devil in order to be good, but who's getting the last laugh? What good does it do us to sit there and complain about UofL taking these guys if no one is going to punish them and the only thing that will happen is that they're teams will continue to get better and better? It's obviously working for them and no one in the media seems to care..what they are doing is clearly wrong, but we in Kentucky seem to be the only ones out there that care about it, so what good does it do? They're getting a great player that will help them win football games..I hate it as much as anyone, but unless we're going to do something to keep him off the field, what's the point in getting upset about it? They're basically picking up a 5-star recruit when they get this guy..I hate it, but no one in the media is going to step up and say anything, and they're working the system to their advantage..they're doing whatever they have to in order to win..it might make you sleep good at night with high morals, but I'd rather be winning honestly..I know that's bad, but this is a multi-billion dollar business toe the compamtwhere winning is the bottom line
This is all true and is all because Jurich and Ramsey run the city of Lou. and the media ...save Matt Jones...better walk rhe company line...their recruiting hasn't been affecTed as much as I thought i with the hiring of the chief adulterer and liar...

Last edited:
The window was then shattered and Brown told police that she saw Fields outside the broken window.

Fields then went to the front door, where he was let inside by her friend’s roommate. He charged through the house to the rear bedroom where Brown was, the affidavit states.

“The defendant [Fields] lunged at the victim and threw a punch towards her face,” the affidavit states. “The victim dodged the blow and fell to the floor.”

Brown had regained her footing and was attempting to defend herself by striking back at Fields when, according to the affidavit, he “punched at her again and struck her in the left jaw and right cheek area of her face.”

Unbelievable. The fact that this kid is playing college football anywhere is a disgrace. But the Louisville coaches know more facts than the police report. [laughing]

It is unreal the depths they go to. [thumb2]

By coaches are you speaking of the adulterers and abortionists and much more that are leading your impressionable young men, I would guess they are well qualified to teach them what they can get away with.

Not even sure this is even newsworthy, wake me up when UL doesn't try to take in any scumball that can play the game.

Saban may have inquired, Petrino makes his living taking these guys. Does Ray Carruth have any eligibility left?

I noticed Sullivan wrote an article in the CJ talking about Strong not taking guys who hit women, even calling him a hypocrite because of Dyer, yet not one freakin word about Bobby Petrino or the UL program accepting anyone who can tackle or run fast. But of course he mentioned Saben lol. I believe in karma, and it's coming to UL in spades.

And of course the kid was gonna qualify. He's going to UL, where qualify is automatic.

why do you guys take up for rapists, abusers and child molesters? Is there something in the water over there?

This is exactly why Petrino wasn't even looked at by UK. We actually have some standards.

Not on the squad because he was dismissed from school by a student review board. Had nothing to with the coaching staff.
Uh-huh, at least there are some checks and balances at UK, unlike UofL where the inmates run the asylum...

Perhaps it would be instructive for Kentucky fans to admit that the only reason that they care about Devonte Fields - or any of the other "scum of the earth" is because they are at Louisville. Had any of those players transferred to other schools - and they would have - there would not have been one mention about them here. I think every Louisville fan that has posted here has at one point or another said that UofL has made the decision to be all in on winning. If that means that they take kids that have had issues other places - then that's what it means.

Devonte%20Fields.jpg

Perhaps it would be instructive for Kentucky fans to admit that the only reason that they care about Devonte Fields - or any of the other "scum of the earth" is because they are at Louisville. Had any of those players transferred to other schools - and they would have - there would not have been one mention about them here. I think every Louisville fan that has posted here has at one point or another said that UofL has made the decision to be all in on winning. If that means that they take kids that have had issues other places - then that's what it means.

Exactly!! My major concern is that they are at Louisville. We have enough violence in our communities from the people that are already here. Why bring more violent people to the area? UofL has made the decision to bring even more violent offenders to the Louisville Metro area. And we are all a little less safer because of it.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
ADVERTISEMENT