ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Anderson on KSR

Find me one person who thinks we should fire Cal on this message board. just one.

Find me one person who thinks Cal is a bad coach. Just one.

Your ignore button is apparently used to deny some reality you can't deal with.:p

My ignore button is used for random dudes on the Internet who think they know more about basketball than a HOF coach.

:eek::p:([/QUOTE]

Sorry bro Iread back I still can't find someone wanting Cal fired or claiming to know more than any HOF coach. You'll have to direct me.

So you don't think a roster with 6 players 4* or higher is FULL of talent? I mean how many teams out there have that many 4 and 5 stars? You act as if everyone in the country has a team with multiple four and five stars. Newsflash, thats pretty damn rare.

Id like to see a statistic on how many teams with 5+ 4/5 star players have NOT made the tournament over the years. I bet its damn few.

You act as if when Nerlens got hurt that Cal was at a disadvantage because instead of having 6 players with 4/5 stars, he only had 5. Hahaha wow. How many players like that did Butler have when they made their run years ago?

When I said there were "5 left" i mean that as in thats ALOT. Damn you are dumb.

I guess I must be getting to you if you are lower yourself to name calling, lol. First of all those 5 were not exactly barnburners for us. Archie never played that well for us, Willie was not great by any means, Harrow, if you REALLY want to include him was AWL most of the season, and we found that Kyle wasn't the player we thought he was by himself so no I don't think we had a very talented team that year. But keep on typing there sonny, you just keep sounding like you know less and less and less.

I guess I must be getting to you if you are lower yourself to name calling, lol. First of all those 5 were not exactly barnburners for us. Archie never played that well for us, Willie was not great by any means, Harrow, if you REALLY want to include him was AWL most of the season, and we found that Kyle wasn't the player we thought he was by himself so no I don't think we had a very talented team that year. But keep on typing there sonny, you just keep sounding like you know less and less and less.

"Those 5 were not exactly barn burners for us" hmmmm, well why? They were highly ranked and highly recruited out of high school so why weren't they good for us? Harrow is having a great career at Georgia Southern, Willie was a POY candidate last season, and Wiltjer averaged 25 a a game for a top 10 team in the country. But they weren't good when they played together under Cal? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe you are starting to catch on here……

"Those 5 were not exactly barn burners for us" hmmmm, well why? They were highly ranked and highly recruited out of high school so why weren't they good for us? Harrow is having a great career at Georgia Southern, Willie was a POY candidate last season, and Wiltjer averaged 25 a a game for a top 10 team in the country. But they weren't good when they played together under Cal? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe you are starting to catch on here……

If we are going to go by HOW they did later in their careers then its easy to say what you are saying but in the 2012-13 year, Harrow was a no show, Willie only knew how to throw the ball against the backboard, he had no shot at all, free throws or otherwise, Archie was a freight train out of control, Kyle was like a deer in the headlights of a car without his great teammates from the NC team. Nerlens and Alex were the only two players that were close to playing to their potential. And potential in college sucks if they don't play well, which they didn't.

My thought exactly don.
I would have to say DA is one of my favorite alltime players, so what he said and basically did on a rival show just kills me. I think he may be a buck eye at heart? He really be helping recruiting at this time. It really is just that plain and simple.

If we are going to go by HOW they did later in their careers then its easy to say what you are saying but in the 2012-13 year, Harrow was a no show, Willie only knew how to throw the ball against the backboard, he had no shot at all, free throws or otherwise, Archie was a freight train out of control, Kyle was like a deer in the headlights of a car without his great teammates from the NC team. Nerlens and Alex were the only two players that were close to playing to their potential. And potential in college sucks if they don't play well, which they didn't.

Say again, why didn't they play well under Cal? You are getting warmer

I would have to say DA is one of my favorite alltime players, so what he said and basically did on a rival show just kills me. I think he may be a buck eye at heart? He really be helping recruiting at this time. It really is just that plain and simple.

Not sure if serious.

Say again, why didn't they play well under Cal? You are getting warmer

Because they were not very good players when they first got to Kentucky, is that what you wanted me to say? Look I know you hate Cal, why don't you stop watching his terrible coaching and move on. You act like a middle school kid.

Because they were not very good players when they first got to Kentucky, is that what you wanted me to say? Look I know you hate Cal, why don't you stop watching his terrible coaching and move on. You act like a middle school kid.

They were terrible when they got to UK? Then why were they so highly rated? And why did they have success after that season?

I don't hate Cal, but I'm smart enough to admit that he did a poor job in 2013 period. No way to spin having talented players and coaching them to a first round NIT loss to Robert Freaking Morris. Get off of Cal's sac for one min in your life.

They were terrible when they got to UK? Then why were they so highly rated? And why did they have success after that season?

I don't hate Cal, but I'm smart enough to admit that he did a poor job in 2013 period. No way to spin having talented players and coaching them to a first round NIT loss to Robert Freaking Morris. Get off of Cal's sac for one min in your life.

It's sad to be such an idiot, I feel badly for you.

think about it, how could you miss on 10 recruits in one year when you haven`t missed on any in the last 10 years? well maybe 1 or 2 but you get the point.
Also Mat Jones and the BBN got played this year like it was a priority for recruits to make happen, call it what you want but in this one facts are facts and not optional.

. Amazing how once he started recruiting really well he became a mediocre coach (however narrowly the speaker wants to define "coach").
That's because to mount a criticism of someone who is wildly successful, you have to be weirdly specific and make claims that are hard to disprove. He's so good, but some people dislike him so much - they can't just say he sucks, so they have to find a way to explain his success while also taking a shot at him simultaneously. It's a very complicated process, being a hater.

So you don't think a roster with 6 players 4* or higher is FULL of talent? I mean how many teams out there have that many 4 and 5 stars? You act as if everyone in the country has a team with multiple four and five stars. Newsflash, thats pretty damn rare.

Id like to see a statistic on how many teams with 5+ 4/5 star players have NOT made the tournament over the years. I bet its damn few.

You act as if when Nerlens got hurt that Cal was at a disadvantage because instead of having 6 players with 4/5 stars, he only had 5. Hahaha wow. How many players like that did Butler have when they made their run years ago?

When I said there were "5 left" i mean that as in thats ALOT. Damn you are dumb.
How many 4-5 stars did K have when he lost to Mercer and Lehigh? How many did Self have when he lost to, what was it, 5 midmajors in 10 years in the tourney?

How many did Roy have when he went to the NIT? How about Billy Donovan during his trip to the NIT?

Should Cal have gotten that team to the tourney even without Nerlens? Of course.

But you can do this with anybody, man. All the great coaches have examples like this. Some teams just don't have the best chemistry. It is what it is.

You can say whatever you want about Anderson, but some of what he said is true. I have always felt that Cal took way too much delight in the number of players that leave his program in a single season for the NBA. The prospect of using UK for one season as a springboard into the NBA has been a major recruiting tool for Cal even though he would sheepishly state otherwise. However, now that players see that other teams can do the exact same thing for them, it is starting to look like the name on the front of a UK uniform played much less of a reason for coming to UK than many of us would like to admit. UK offered Brown as well as other players a chance to come on board and play significant minutes without concerns of platooning and they turned it down to go anywhere but UK. I believe the world of college basketball has taken a big sigh of relief because the playing field of college basketball recruiting has been leveled.

Reactions: 3rex
And on the allow / want to thing.

How many times has Cal said, we get the information, give it to the, and let them decide?

He should have been all over the twins and Dakari letting them know, if you leave now, you will not have NBA careers. That's just the harsh reality. Dakari can't jump, and big men that can't jump can't play in the NBA nowadays. The twins are not explosive enough or good enough shooters to make it. They need to have fall back plans and degrees if over seas doesn't pan out.

Do you know that he didn't tell them that they wouldn't be drafted or would go late in the second round? These are young men who will make their own choices. Coach can advise but he can't force them to stay. This isn't indentured servitude as much as the NCAA would like it to be.

think about it, how could you miss on 10 recruits in one year when you haven`t missed on any in the last 10 years? well maybe 1 or 2 but you get the point.

Nope, don't get your point. If it is not agenda influenced please explain so some of us don't misinterpret your intentions.

You can say whatever you want about Anderson, but some of what he said is true. I have always felt that Cal took way too much delight in the number of players that leave his program in a single season for the NBA. The prospect of using UK for one season as a springboard into the NBA has been a major recruiting tool for Cal even though he would sheepishly state otherwise. However, now that players see that other teams can do the exact same thing for them, it is starting to look like the name on the front of a UK uniform played much less of a reason for coming to UK than many of us would like to admit. UK offered Brown as well as other players a chance to come on board and play significant minutes without concerns of platooning and they turned it down to go anywhere but UK. I believe the world of college basketball has taken a big sigh of relief because the playing field of college basketball recruiting has been leveled.

Much truth in this post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT