ADVERTISEMENT

Derek Anderson on KSR

Why can't you get IHeart with Chrome...but you can with IE? Even though I ran a rather large electronics company, I'm not into the nuts and bolts of how things work. Would think that any search engine would be able to get the same info, etc. but they don't. Ran into it before, but it just never makes much sense.

DA sounds like a bigger moron today than he did yesterday. Not making much sense and just kind of babbling.

Said, UK fans are taking everything he said the wrong way. Idiot

I think DA is kinda back tracking here

He didn't mean Cal doesn't "allow" players to leave.......he just meant he "wants" them to stay

lol

For those who say DA was only expressing an opinion, and the place, time and forum don't really matter, here's the analogy:

He said he did not know it was a U of L show, and I believe him about that. It was at the Fairgrounds and there was an ESPN thing on the mics. As for the other stuff, he's trying to reframe his remarks because Matt is pointing out how wrong he was. Trying to say his remarks were taken the wrong way. Whatever, Derek is still a UK guy and we should still like him and consider him a loyal, UK great. He just needs to stop spouting off with nonsense.

a lot of back tracking by DA... everything he said was taken out of context according to him

He's one of my two favorite Cats ever, along with MKG. I won't hold a grudge. Mainly it makes me a little sad that he was foolish enough to get caught up in this. Several factors combining here. one, he probably has an understandable loyalty to Pitino, which colors his judgment on some things. two, he's not someone who's used to being on air, doesn't realize the need for precision in what he's saying, doesn't understand you don't get a do-over. three, besides Bama football fans, this is the worst fan base in the world to get involved with in this sort of dust-up.....

Reactions: stankum
Outside of an apology, DA is dead to me.

You never badmouth anyone in the family out in public. Simple rules in liffe.

Haha thats a little extreme. He is definitely struggling, but he's obviously frustrated. He loves this university and coach Cal. He's just saying things that all fans say after we lose and we see plenty of it on this board.

Still one of my favorites.

Reactions: ukwazoo
DA sounded like a idiot and MJ took it easy on him because he is ex player ... Matt should have asked him about the comment about that Cal just runs the in & out. That specific comment

He's one of my two favorite Cats ever, along with MKG. I won't hold a grudge. Mainly it makes me a little sad that he was foolish enough to get caught up in this. Several factors combining here. one, he probably has an understandable loyalty to Pitino, which colors his judgment on some things. two, he's not someone who's used to being on air, doesn't realize the need for precision in what he's saying, doesn't understand you don't get a do-over. three, besides Bama football fans, this is the worst fan base in the world to get involved with in this sort of dust-up.....

Fully agree with what you are saying but he didn't really live up to what was said during his interview. I'll always be a DA fan but yesterday's interview and today's follow-up weren't his finest moments, especially trying to really "massage" what he said yesterday to make it sound a bit better.

His biggest mistake was saying that shit to Drew Deener and Billy Reed. Those guys spend 365 days a year stating how Cal is ruining college basketball with his "one and done rule" and always push the myth that he can't coach.

Secondly, DA said things in absolutes to those UofL honks and now is trying to add nuance to them.

Bottom line is that he shouldn't have said it because it wasn't even correct to his own beliefs or at least beliefs that he is comfortable supporting. He was being overly emotional and you shouldn't do that when speaking as a famous person in a public forum.

What does that have to do with anything?

I mean I love DA as much as any UK fan does and he can have any opinion he wants..........doesn't mean its gospel and we all have to agree with it
what does playing D1 basketball have to do with basketball knowledge? Are you serious?

His biggest mistake was saying that shit to Drew Deener and Billy Reed. Those guys spend 365 days a year stating how Cal is ruining college basketball with his "one and done rule" and always push the myth that he can't coach.

Secondly, DA said things in absolutes to those UofL honks and now is trying to add nuance to them.

Bottom line is that he shouldn't have said it because it wasn't even correct to his own beliefs or at least beliefs that he is comfortable supporting. He was being overly emotional and you shouldn't do that when speaking as a famous person in a public forum.

Good points. An ex UK player should never go out in public and bad mouth our program. We seem to have more than our share of ex players that do this. Rick Robey and Jeff Shepard come to mind. Bad choice Derek.

Reactions: kat57
what does playing D1 basketball have to do with basketball knowledge? Are you serious?

Well, to think Kentucky could have pressed UCONN successfully is crazy to me, but whatever.

But really the issue with Anderson's point wasn't "basketball knowledge."

It was this suggestion that Cal was somehow running players out of Kentucky who weren't ready to be pros. To have full knowledge of that you'd have to be in the room when those conversations take place.

Reactions: kat57
Hey...DA is from Louisville and grew up a UofL fan....He comes to UK and gets us to 2 National Championship games (sans the injury in '97).....Him being a diehard UK fan now after where he came from is awesome and thus gets a pass on something so trivial

I wish Matt would ask DA if Pitino cost UK the national title in 97 with his idiotic pressing strategy against Arizona that hurt UK and got literally almost half the rotation to foul out. Since DA said Cal's bad D cost UK against UCONN I'm sure he would throw Pitino under the bus as well.

In all seriousness, I'll also add UK held UCONN to 60 points, including 25 in the second half primarily playing man to man (No debating zone helped slow UCONN down some in first half!)..that should be enough to win any national title game when you are Kentucky. D was not the issue in that game.

He said those things yesterday because he believes those things, IMO.

I have no issue with him stating any of them. I have issues with him stating them to UL homers on their show. And no, I don't believe him when he says he did not know it was a UL show.

Of course he is backtracking because he got confronted and because I guarantee you he caught crap from UK fans.

That's fine. He can have his opinion and I can have mine. I don't even disagree with all he said, but I disagree with a bunch of it. But where he said it and why he said it is too much for me.

Hopefully, he just shuts his pie hole for while and disappears. I suspect he will get a congratulatory call from his coach on saying what he wanted to say but could not.

Reactions: JustthefaxMa'am
ADVERTISEMENT