ADVERTISEMENT

Daniels: Diallo Could Announce as Early as Tuesday

CDjuILzWYAAOf6X.jpg

Hmmmmmm?

Some say KU and UK, others say St. John's and UK.

The one constant seems to be UK. Plus, he called Cal and asked him to come visit. I like our chances.

Just based purely on my gut, I think its KU. I don't think he was a high priority for us until we needed to get back in late. Hard to beat a program like KU when they've been after him hard all along.

I hope I'm wrong though, and it appears like it's close. Just doesn't seem to be the buzz we've come to expect when a kid is ours. That's based on absolutely no info though, and maybe I've prepared myself for the worst.

I think it's UK. We've been on him hard for a long time. The first school he mentioned when first coming to America was UK, and AD was the first player he mentioned. I also think nothing is coming out of his camp in regards to his recruitment. Add to that the KU staff being very loose-lipped and the UK staff being very tight-lipped and we're sitting nicely. Of course nobody has a clue what he'll do until he says it himself.

Just based purely on my gut, I think its KU. I don't think he was a high priority for us until we needed to get back in late. Hard to beat a program like KU when they've been after him hard all along.

I hope I'm wrong though, and it appears like it's close. Just doesn't seem to be the buzz we've come to expect when a kid is ours. That's based on absolutely no info though, and maybe I've prepared myself for the worst.

I agree with this. Don't know if its KU or SJ, but I don't think its UK. I think we put him on the backburner for too long. I still don't know if hes a priority for us with Maker still out there; although it seems that situation gets cloudier by the day.

I agree with this. Don't know if its KU or SJ, but I don't think its UK. I think we put him on the backburner for too long. I still don't know if hes a priority for us with Maker still out there; although it seems that situation gets cloudier by the day.
Diallo is much better than Maker IMO.

Doesn't really seem like a hi-lo type of big. He needs to get out and run.

Reactions: ecwildcat
it didn't do wonders for Wiggins. Wherever Wiggins was going to go he was going to be decent. Where is Thomas Robinson, Xavier Henry, Josh Selby? Yeah they made money but where is their NBA careers?

it didn't do wonders for Wiggins. Wherever Wiggins was going to go he was going to be decent. Where is Thomas Robinson, Xavier Henry, Josh Selby? Yeah they made money but where is their NBA careers?
Exactly. Wiggins had the potential to fill a mason jar, but Self couldn't get a shot glass full of piss outta Wiggins.

Jerry Meyer: Hearing it is a toss up between Kansas & Kentucky for Cheick Diallo. St. John's termed a long shot.

Reactions: DY9ASTY
Jerry Meyer: Hearing it is a toss up between Kansas & Kentucky for Cheick Diallo. St. John's termed a long shot.

I like hearing that. Meyer may not be great but he definitely has at least a few solid sources. With all the Kansas chatter I was getting pretty nervous.

Everyone, take a moment and say hello to all the Kansas fans anxiously lurking here right now.
Yep. You know enfuego is lurking. Matter of fact, one of these new KU usernames are probably him.

He's the most ate up with UK, delusional homer that fan base has to offer. To put it in perspective, he's their Zipp.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Seems to be working for Wiggins. Truth is, it's all on the kids how much they want it.

A water buffalo could have coached Wiggins to the NBA. Cheick Diallo isn't a small forward, nor is he in the same stratosphere as Andrew Wiggins as a basketball player. Bill Self hasn't taken a truly raw player like Diallo and given him any certain skill to hang his hat on in the NBA. Hell, Willie Cauley-Stein learned how to be an elite perimeter defender, and can shoot a pretty jumpshot after his time at UK, and coming out of high school, Diallo is much more gifted in basketball that Cauley-Stein was.
Cal is Diallo's best choice, and it's at least encouraging that Diallo made it abundantly clear that he enjoys playing with Briscoe, and he & Skal are good friends (who apparently enjoy a nice conversation in the french language).

Reactions: Brando Mac
And yes, Enfuego, you're here, and I said it. Water buffalo.

A water buffalo could have coached Wiggins to the NBA. Cheick Diallo isn't a small forward, nor is he in the same stratosphere as Andrew Wiggins as a basketball player. Bill Self hasn't taken a truly raw player like Diallo and given him any certain skill to hang his hat on in the NBA. Hell, Willie Cauley-Stein learned how to be an elite perimeter defender, and can shoot a pretty jumpshot after his time at UK, and coming out of high school, Diallo is much more gifted in basketball that Cauley-Stein was.
Cal is Diallo's best choice, and it's at least encouraging that Diallo made it abundantly clear that he enjoys playing with Briscoe, and he & Skal are good friends (who apparently enjoy a nice conversation in the french language).

The Morris Twins, Thomas Robinson, and Jeff Withey all say hello. All raw as Hell when they came to Lawrence. And please don't misinterpret what I'm saying - none of these young men will ever have an All-Star NBA career, but they will all be in the league for a decade.

The Morris Twins, Thomas Robinson, and Jeff Withey all say hello. All raw as Hell when they came to Lawrence. And please don't misinterpret what I'm saying - none of these young men will ever have an All-Star NBA career, but they will all be in the league for a decade.

And I forgot about the strides Joel Embiid made in just a matter of a few months. Self's largest flaw in developing players has been in the backcourt, not at the 4 and 5.

It's certainly a common misconception that a player can't develop in a matter of months, but Joel Embiid hasn't played a minute in the NBA, so we can't really talk about NBA success for him right now.
As for the others, all we can go on is that all of them are role players. One of the more infamous spewings were about how Thomas Robinson would be the better NBA player than Anthony Davis. Turns out, Anthony Davis will end up being a hall of fame player in the league by the time he's done at his current pace. Demarcus Cousins also turned out to be a real piece of work, as did Patrick Patterson and Terrence Jones, all of whom are now starting, and playing significant roles for their teams.
Calipari probably has the edge, and I expect Karl-Anthony Towns to continue the trend.

Reactions: Brando Mac
That was before you lost Danny manning. That is over now as evidenced with alexander.

Shockingly, douchey UK hater, Jeff Goodman days Diallo to KU

Just what I need, something else that encourages me to think that Diallo comes to UK.
Jeff Goodman has a difficult time predicting what time the sun comes up.

How can people not see we win this one ? KU and SU have been fighting for 2nd place since the fall . Looks like KU won ....second place . You can never ever ever believe anything good about KU recruiting as they have a hype machine who throws crap out there and it seems to stick? Remember how Randle was a KU lock ? Or how about the Ingram stuff that literally just happened? Hell they got Bragg for one reason - we didn't offer. And even then Bragg said UK when he committed LMAO . I feel really good about Diallo and Mulder , now i am need to continue to read positive stuff about Brown as i would like to win that bet from 2 weeks ago lol ...;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT