ADVERTISEMENT

Daniels: Diallo Could Announce as Early as Tuesday

Have read that Diallo may have an eligibility issue wherever he goes (except if he was interested in UNC, :)). Any truth to this?
Where do you guys keep coming up with this crap? I have never read that he had eligibility problems.

This kid will be the difference between UK being elite next yr or not.
He is turning into a must get.

The Morris Twins, Thomas Robinson, and Jeff Withey all say hello. All raw as Hell when they came to Lawrence. And please don't misinterpret what I'm saying - none of these young men will ever have an All-Star NBA career, but they will all be in the league for a decade.
If Thomas robinson and Jeff withey are in the NBA in 2017, I'll eat my shoe. Those dudes suck. And I mean suck bad. When you can't get off the bench for this year's 76ers team, you know you are a special kind of awful.

The Morris Twins, Thomas Robinson, and Jeff Withey all say hello. All raw as Hell when they came to Lawrence. And please don't misinterpret what I'm saying - none of these young men will ever have an All-Star NBA career, but they will all be in the league for a decade.
And what does Cliff Alexander say?

Cliff is a lot more like Diallo than any of those other guys. Both have a chance to go top-10 with the right coach/program. Kansas is not that program.

And what does Cliff Alexander say?

Cliff is a lot more like Diallo than any of those other guys. Both have a chance to go top-10 with the right coach/program. Kansas is not that program.

Is Kentucky that only program then?

As far as Cliff, he is an under-sized PF at barely 6'7". He was never OAD no matter what kind of hype he had out of high school. He would have fared no better at Kentucky than he did at KU. He was returning (where he could have developed like the others I mentioned) until his family took a "loan" from some slime ball agent or runner. You're comparing apples and oranges by comparing Cliff after one year to the other players I referenced who stayed 3 years, or 5 years in Jeff Withey. Was Cauley-Stein ready after his freshman year? Hell no. If you then argue about where Cliff was ranked coming out of high school, then someone could start talking about Marcus Lee. Cliff could dunk and that's about it.

Is Kentucky that only program then?

As far as Cliff, he is an under-sized PF at barely 6'7". He was never OAD no matter what kind of hype he had out of high school. He would have fared no better at Kentucky than he did at KU. He was returning (where he could have developed like the others I mentioned) until his family took a "loan" from some slime ball agent or runner. You're comparing apples and oranges by comparing Cliff after one year to the other players I referenced who stayed 3 years, or 5 years in Jeff Withey. Was Cauley-Stein ready after his freshman year? Hell no. If you then argue about where Cliff was ranked coming out of high school, then someone could start talking about Marcus Lee. Cliff could dunk and that's about it.

There's a difference between Diallo and Alexander coming out of HS. Diallo isn't overweight, has a motor and plays defense.

it didn't do wonders for Wiggins. Wherever Wiggins was going to go he was going to be decent. Where is Thomas Robinson, Xavier Henry, Josh Selby? Yeah they made money but where is their NBA careers?
Thomas Robinson went from not being on the radar of being a first round pick to being a top 5 pick... not Self or KU's fault that he has not done well in the NBA. Xavier Henry was a lottery pick that has basically been destroyed by injuries during his NBA career. I mean I guess we can be at some blame for Selby, can't deny that he had talent and we did not get very much of that out of him true, but he was still a very low IQ player and went through injuries during his time here.

So hope I'm wrong but I feel he Is Kansas bound.

I just really, really don't get the Kansas talk. Plus, he has friends coming to Kentucky from this recruiting class, namely Skal, who Diallo was roommates with at all of those camps and All-Star events that they attended together. Plus, I'm sure he knows how he could potentially dominate others in the frontcourt with Skal.

I've been pessimistic about the guys we've missed on but I am starting to get optimistic about Diallo. Hope I am not disappointed. I want Murray too.

If Thomas robinson and Jeff withey are in the NBA in 2017, I'll eat my shoe. Those dudes suck. And I mean suck bad. When you can't get off the bench for this year's 76ers team, you know you are a special kind of awful.
Robinson actually played very well for the sixers. his per 36 stats were 17 points 15 rebounds. his per game stats were very similar to noel. noel averaged 10 and 8, robinson 9 and 8. noel averaged 30 min per game, and Robinson put his stats up in only 18 mpg.

Robinson actually played very well for the sixers. his per 36 stats were 17 points 15 rebounds. his per game stats were very similar to noel. noel averaged 10 and 8, robinson 9 and 8. noel averaged 30 min per game, and Robinson put his stats up in only 18 mpg.

still can't believe the sixers traded MCW. if you're in that front office, it can't feel good to watch him dominate D. Rose in the playoffs.

One of the dumbest comments this week . He said that because he looks like Embied . LOL One African looking dude goes there and they are Africa U . C'mon man !

So he's racial profiling basketball players? Well that's new. Kinda, I think?

One of the dumbest comments this week . He said that because he looks like Embied . LOL One African looking dude goes there and they are Africa U . C'mon man !

Do you know that's why he said that? I don't think it's such a silly thing to say. I've said the same thing about a lot of players. Looks like a Duke player (black and white), or like a KU player. Sometimes guys just have a look that makes you think of former players for those teams, and it triggers a subconscious comparison.

Reactions: mattrudd
Do you know that's why he said that? I don't think it's such a silly thing to say. I've said the same thing about a lot of players. Looks like a Duke player (black and white), or like a KU player. Sometimes guys just have a look that makes you think of former players for those teams, and it triggers a subconscious comparison.

So you're saying that he looked at him, subconsciously stuck a Kansas jersey on him, and said "Yeah, I can see that"?
Makes sense.

But saying that some people look alike is rayses!

No seriously. It's obnoxious when people make lazy comparisons over race (hyper athlete, low bball IQ Joe Alexander is the next Larry Bird, etc), but I don't find any of this stuff particularly offensive. Sports forums are supposed to be the one place dudes can get away from people taking offense to everything in 2015.

Come on coach seal the deal, if we get him great, if not its down to the two other unsigned recruits, I hope he doesn't miss out on all of them.

A lot would still have to go right--Skal being eligible, Briscoe being as good as he's ranked, Matthews being able to at least contribute, Poythress turning into Bahamas Poythress--but even with Diallo I think the team lacks perimeter scoring.

You would have to hope Mulder signs and is better than JUCOs traditionally are.

What is such a magical moment for Skal being eligible? This seems to be just completely random Eeyore vaporware based all I can ever tell is on "the NCAA always screws us" and fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

still can't believe the sixers traded MCW. if you're in that front office, it can't feel good to watch him dominate D. Rose in the playoffs.
I think they are completely fine with it. They are going to need to have good shooters surrounding Embiid and Noel and MCW does not fit that bill. Statistically he is among the worst shooters in the NBA. They got what will probably end up being a top 8 pick in return for him. His first four games in the playoffs were not very good either. I doubt they are having any regret from one good game from him.

he's the guy. great that we have a good team already with experience. we add him and the final four talk starts again. he's got the motor and the rebounding that would make lee and poythress be added weapons like last year only with more minutes a piece. what a rotation that would be. still for uk we get any formidable big we are back. nothing wrong with lee and poy getting ALL the minutes at 4.

it's almost like if we get murray and diallo we are platooning again early in the year. don't get mad but lol

ulis
briscoe
mulder
diallo
skal

hawkins
murray
matthews
poythress
lee

willis

at least we'll find out soon. murray would be in the comfortable booker position, and we'd have a senior poythress and junior lee off the bench lol. everyone so pessimistic and it's potentially right there for cal and uk again. that would be hands down the best defense in the country with the best front court of playmakers this side of the nba.

i want diallo in blue pretty bad yeah. if it were maker it would be similar imo. we're still in great position to make an already solid roster become awesome. diallo wants a title like we do it would a great collaboration.

This board will implode if Diallo does not pick UK, it will suck but ever since losing to Wisconsin I now expect nothing to go as planned. I will be pumped if we get him though, he and Mulder should put us in contention again.

Just based purely on my gut, I think its KU. I don't think he was a high priority for us until we needed to get back in late. Hard to beat a program like KU when they've been after him hard all along.

I hope I'm wrong though, and it appears like it's close. Just doesn't seem to be the buzz we've come to expect when a kid is ours. That's based on absolutely no info though, and maybe I've prepared myself for the worst.

I have no idea where he is going, but my gut feeling is St Johns because I thing he wants to stay in New York. I would love to see him at UK, though.

Traylor, Ellis and Bragg will be their starters on the front line? Ellis and Bragg will be on the floor most of the time so Diallo will be at the 5 even though his natural position is the 4?

Why would he not want to play more of his natural position at the 4 next to Skal?

I have no idea where he is going, but my gut feeling is St Johns because I thing he wants to stay in New York. I would love to see him at UK, though.
If he wants to stay in New York then KU should be third on the list of places to go.Lexington isn't the big apple but it beats the hell out of the middle of nowhere in Kansas.

It's been oddly quiet on Diallo after the initial word that there may be an announcement. I thought we'd hear a definite time/day of his announcement yesterday but it never came.

Would assume it will be Wednesday then.

This board will implode if Diallo does not pick UK, it will suck but ever since losing to Wisconsin I now expect nothing to go as planned. I will be pumped if we get him though, he and Mulder should put us in contention again.

Pretty cool how you signed up last week to tell us how miserable you are as a UK fan.

Reactions: Double Oaked Juice
ADVERTISEMENT