ADVERTISEMENT

Daniels: Diallo Could Announce as Early as Tuesday

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Evan Daniels‏@EvanDaniels 38s39 seconds ago

Top 10 recruit Cheick Diallo will announce this week, per a source. Decision could be as early as Tuesday. KU, UK & St. John's in good shape

Reactions: Federal Cat
Diallo and Skal would give UK elite rim protection once again, only both of them can switch everything - unlike Towns.

Crossing my fingers.

Reactions: ecwildcat
really liked him seeing him playing with Briscoe and Skal, hope that was enough to get him to UK but who knows.

Reactions: ecwildcat
Evan Daniels is a tool--nobody at this point has "3 schools looking good"---how ignorant is that? Just say you don't know a damn thing--don't have anyone inside this recruitment and he'll likely decide this week.
Hedging his bet. Easy to be right when you choose 60% of the schools, all which have been known favorites.

Depends who you ask. From what I have seen it's a pretty close race with maybe KU as the leader followed by STJ and UK together behind them.

Fixed:

Depends on who you ask. From what I have seen it's a pretty close race with maybe UK as the leader followed by STJ and KU together behind them.

Evan Daniels is a tool--nobody at this point has "3 schools looking good"---how ignorant is that? Just say you don't know a damn thing--don't have anyone inside this recruitment and he'll likely decide this week.
Wondered about that also, 1 school is looking good the other two are looking elsewhere.

I am with jte but even stronger . He knows UK will be really good with Matthews Briscoe Skal and himself!! Loved Briscoe allowing him to "eat" and has to know Tyler will as well.

I am with jte but even stronger . He knows UK will be really good with Matthews Briscoe Skal and himself!! Loved Briscoe allowing him to "eat" and has to know Tyler will as well.
I agree he knows he seen it 1st hand in the game last week.

Depends who you ask. From what I have seen it's a pretty close race with maybe KU as the leader followed by STJ and UK together behind them.
False. UK and KU are the perceived leaders right now, perceived being the key word. The general sentiment is that St. John's is running behind both.

Didn't Cal meet with him twice just before he(Diallo) shut down recruiting visits last week.You would think we are in the ball game.

Reactions: mattrudd
If I was Cal I would get AD and Wall to give him a call to see if they could help out with recruiting him and Ingram.

11b5el5.jpg

That's as of today.

Kansas just doesn't make sense to me for him. I know everyone is saying that Bragg can play the 3, but you still have Perry Ellis who you know will get the majority of the minutes at the 4. They don't have nearly as good of guard play as us either - Briscoe and Ulis would be a big man's dream in my opinion.

I hope we get him and Murray - that to me would be our ideal situation to end this class. I think that puts us back in the hunt for sure!

We Might get one but no chance we get both.

Not sure why we couldn't. The players don't have anything to do with each other: different positions, skillsets, and obviously both would get a ton of minutes.

Doubt it turns out that way particularly with Brown's adidas comments, but I think "no chance" is a bit much.

I want Diallo more than any of them. Once we get him we are the top team to win it all next year. He is the missing piece. Anyone else is icing on the cake!!!!

I want Diallo more than any of them. Once we get him we are the top team to win it all next year. He is the missing piece. Anyone else is icing on the cake!!!!

A lot would still have to go right--Skal being eligible, Briscoe being as good as he's ranked, Matthews being able to at least contribute, Poythress turning into Bahamas Poythress--but even with Diallo I think the team lacks perimeter scoring.

You would have to hope Mulder signs and is better than JUCOs traditionally are.

A lot would still have to go right--Skal being eligible, Briscoe being as good as he's ranked, Matthews being able to at least contribute, Poythress turning into Bahamas Poythress--but even with Diallo I think the team lacks perimeter scoring.

You would have to hope Mulder signs and is better than JUCOs traditionally are.
Hopefully UK will sign Mulder, Brown and Diallo

If we land Diallo, does he start at the 4 over Poythress? Does Poythress slide back to the 3? (He is not a 3 right now. Needs to improve ball handling and jumper). Will be interesting dynamic.

Have read that Diallo may have an eligibility issue wherever he goes (except if he was interested in UNC, :)). Any truth to this?

Looks like he is announcing tomorrow or Wednesday, per multiple reports.

A good indication of how this whole class has gone: when Diallo gets down to the very end he can't even decide on which day he wants to announce.

Kansas' fans heads will literally explode if he chooses the right place, which is UK of course.

Only thing that scares me a little is Cal saying at his recent presser that it is Marcus Lee's time. If you know you are for sure getting Diallo then why make that statement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT