ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

I legitimately thought he did great. I have zero complaints about that match. I thought everyone looked good. I don't get the hate for the guy.

BTW, this one is for BKH and KMac. Do you think that finish was the original plan or did Brock Lesnar's resigning have anything to do with that?

Again, I don't think they did Reigns any favors last night. He's been built to be a monster powerhouse and was basically squashed for 95% of the match. They tried and failed to get him some kind of Rocky- like sympathy out there but nobody was buying it. Now the match was great but that's on Lesnar and a great finish that keeps Lesnar looking invincible and all sorts of potential with Rollins cashing in.

Heisman has to be trolling at this point?..??
confused0024.r191677.gif

2 to tango. You know I'll never take anything away from Brock Lesnar. He's the greatest pro wrestler on the planet and deserves all credit that goes to him for being awesome. But it wasn't like he was tossing around a sack of potatoes. Roman Reigns bumped and sold like a boss, and when it was time to fire back, I thought he had a really good comeback. Both dudes had really good performances in the match.

Bottom line, I don't think anybody came out of that match looking bad. Think about what it took to put Reigns down and what it took to incapacitate Brock. Both guys took 4-5 finishers, Reigns got dropped on his head a bunch of times, Brock got busted open hardway. I hope you guys can take this from me because I don't want to have sex with Roman Reigns like Heisman does.
3dsmile.r191677.gif
But he isn't terrible, he was booked well post-Rumble after 3 months of horrible booking pre-Rumble, and he didn't look out of place out there. You couldn't ask for more out of a main event. If you want to hate Roman Reigns after February and last night, that's fine, but I really want to believe that he earned some people's respect in that match because he was great in it.

And if I had to guess, I think that they rewrote the match once Brock re-signed. If Brock were leaving, I could still see Rollins cashing in, but I have no doubt that Brock would have been the one taking the fall.

Originally posted by JLRCat:
Again, I don't think they did Reigns any favors last night. He's been built to be a monster powerhouse and was basically squashed for 95% of the match. They tried and failed to get him some kind of Rocky- like sympathy out there but nobody was buying it. Now the match was great but that's on Lesnar and a great finish that keeps Lesnar looking invincible and all sorts of potential with Rollins cashing in.
Yeah, I didn't quite get the whole "he's not giving up!" story since, well, most of the crowd WANTS to see him get his ass destroyed, so the sympathy card wasn't going to work.

But, when he was making his comeback and Lesnar was reeling, it felt like a big moment.

Still wish they would have given a couple more younger stars a win, and HHH didn't have to shoehorn his friends into everything all the damn time. But, we got an amazing ending.

2 thumbs up, great show beginning to end

Reigns is far too talentless and raw and inexperienced, any thought of him walking out of WM carrying the strap as the winner of the main event would have been the biggest travesty in the history of the wwwf/wwf/wwe. dude we get it that you love him, it's fine. be patient and let him grow into it, maybe by next WM.

Great now I got to stop FFWD thru the Rusev stuff to see for myself!

I typically don't judge a WM until about summer slam, because a good WM sets up angles that run thru that point typically. And now that some storylines are taking longer to unfold it should ring true this year especially.

Interested to see how tonight goes and which direction things go. Id love for Lesnar to want a rematch and Orton interupt him and those two start a feud.

tonight's setup could be real interesting. Rollins out with the belt celebrating (another corporate champion party with balloons & confetti?).

Lesnar comes out, and takes the stick away from Heyman (!) and demands a title rematch
then Reigns comes out, booed without mercy by the smarky insider post-WM crowd, and reads ERR demands a title shot
then Orton comes out, demands a match since he just pinned Rollins
then Cena comes out, sez with the US title he should be #1 contender
then Bryan comes out (most over of the bunch by FAR) and sez with IC title AND that he has yet to get a rematch for the belt HE DID NOT LOSE should make him the first in line

I am fine with the finish of the match, however I really thought with Brock re-signing he would win and I thought Rollins would cash in on Raw or at the next PPV. At the same time I wonder if the did change the finish because he had re-signed.

Anyway Rollins has been on the Today Show this morning, and as Jason or someone else mentioned, I haven't seen this much mainstream coverage of a WM in years. Sporting News and CBS Sports were live tweeting the show as it went on, and then to have the hilites on ESPN is pretty cool.

That better!!!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/30 1:17 PM by K-mac18

From beginning to end this was an excellent WrestleMania. All the matches had some great moments. Even the Divas match didn't suck.

I really enjoyed getting to see Sting wrestle again. I wasn't sure how much he had but that match was on point. That match and the Championship Match were the two most eagerly anticipated in my household.

My daughter kept getting predictions right all night. She predicted DX would come out and help Triple H before it happened. Then she predicted NWO to come out to help Sting. I know those aren't crazy predictions but then she predicted a Shawn Michaels appearance, which I didn't even think about. I was kind of hoping she would've predicted a DDP run in too, but it didn't happen.

Raw Preview for tonight

The fallout of Wrestlemania 31.

The new WWE World Heavyweight champion Seth Rollins makes his first appearance as champion on Raw.

Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns react to Rollins cashing in.

New U.S champion John Cena and new Intercontinental champion Daniel Bryan make their first appearances as champion on Raw.

HHH had to be foolin about with that ridiculous Terminator garb...that topped HHH Conan.

Ridiculous Triple H WM intros, ranked

1. WM 31 (Terminator)
2. WM 22 (Conan)
3. WM 30 (Gladiator)

That's all of them, right?

Someone pointed out on Twitter after re watching the main event that Rollins thanked Reigns as he was pinning him ala Rock//Austin wm19.

I absolutely believe that Brock resigning changed the outcome

Lesnar crowd response
eek.r191677.gif
.....kinda looks like the big guy is enjoying this wrestling thing huh?

Rollins vs Lesnar rematch. AT 9 pm. Why this isn't the main event is beyond me.

Edit: Nevermind. Rollins trolled me. J & J security is feeling the wrath of the Beast.
This post was edited on 3/30 9:06 PM by GhostVol

Originally posted by JLRCat:
HHH had to be foolin about with that ridiculous Terminator garb...that topped HHH Conan.
Did anyone think of Van Vadar when you saw HHH in that garb?

Originally posted by GhostVol:

Originally posted by Blueblood22:
The Red Rooster has returned!
I just can't buy Sheamus working heel. Just can't.
Sheamus is the anti-Jeff Jarrett. He works so much better as a heel, but he seems pretty likeable, so it's kind of tough. I do think this is better for him, though.

But that look...man, he better kill people because he looks like an even bigger goof than he usually does.

Had to laugh at the crowd chanting "Thank you Brock" after the F-5 on Cole.

Pretty good show so far, wonder who Orton's partners will be.

Props to WWE for giving the post-WM Raw crowd something hate at the end, because that's what they really wanted.

Really fun show with lots of neat action, main event notwithstanding. I think if they had switched the position of the Brock Lesnar segment and the main event on the card, it could have been a rare perfect 3-hour wrestling show.

Originally posted by Blind Karl Hess:
Originally posted by GhostVol:

The Red Rooster has returned!
I just can't buy Sheamus working heel. Just can't.
Sheamus is the anti-Jeff Jarrett. He works so much better as a heel, but he seems pretty likeable, so it's kind of tough. I do think this is better for him, though.

But that look...man, he better kill people because he looks like an even bigger goof than he usually does.
And THAT is why I can't buy him working heel. He LOOKS goofy. He looked goofy before the Mohawk. Now he looks goofier. I can buy over the top heels (Adorable Adrian Adonis, anyone?) Sheamus just doesn't look like a heel.

Looks like they're just embracing how over Brock is. Has there ever been a more believable character in wrestling history? There's not really even any back story. He's just a gigantic freak of nature that can actually fight.

Originally posted by GonzoCat90:

Has there ever been a more believable character in wrestling history?
Solely based on in ring work and not street fighting ability:

Kurt Angle, maybe Stan Hansen, Road Warriors, Bruiser Brody, and, of course, the big time shooters like Lou Thesz. But Brock is definitely the most believable physical performer in the past 20 years or so

Still need to watch (re-watch) Raw (Lexie's Mom came home during the show after a long day of traveling for work).

WM thoughts...

Excellent show.

Bray-UT was the worst match. I am to a high point on my detest UT scale. If WWE is going to have him work ONE show per year he doesn't need to beat a young guy who is going to be a star. He needs to beat HHH or Rocky.

I'm coming around on Rusev.

HHH-Sting? Why? HHH need an ego boost? Why nWo save Sting? Would have loved Flair come and swerve Sting one more time.

IC ladder match was fun, but not a fan of neck surgery and concussions trading head-butts.

Cash-in was well executed, sort of saw it coming due to Rollins-Orton coming on so early and Rollins losing.

Still can't believe The Ascension got called up before the Lucha Dragons.

Ascension was horribly boring and bland in nXt, while one time watching the Dragons and I knew Vince would love them. They fill the "sell masks" void left behind by Rey, market to the Latino crowd that they no longer could after ADR got fired, and they are pretty decent as well.

Unfortunately I think Neville will be in the "Evan Bourne/Kofi" midcard jobber who gets a random push every 12 months or so before going back to jobbing" role in no time.

Surprised we didn't get a nXt diva debut either. Not sure what they are waiting on for Charlotte.

Unfortunately I think Neville will be in the "Evan Bourne/Kofi" midcard jobber who gets a random push every 12 months or so before going back to jobbing" role in no time.
think this is the guy who unfortunately represents what Neville will be used like
images

Everyone has said everything I was going to say about Wrestlemania.

Raw was entertaining last night. I liked that Neville debuted and wouldn't be surprised to see Finn Balor get the call up soon too (fingers crossed).

Have to agree with BKH, had they switched around the beginning and end of the show would have been close to a perfect WWE show.

I mentioned this on our Twitter discussion last night but man those were some decidedly Non-PC chants at the end of Raw last night, especially during the Divas segment.

So apparently Balor and Charlotte are going to be called up to the main roster soon too.

Sounds like Austin and Vince are disagreeing again. Austin was supposed to appear at WM 31 but went home. That is why they are having Jericho do the podcast with Cena.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT