ADVERTISEMENT

Cal wants a facility for his team. Barney says no

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
Who can tell me why? It’s not going to happen. Barney won’t allow it. I want to see what fans think about this and why cal can’t get this built? It’s a necessity for our program with or without cal

Gracious the Craft Center is only like 10 yrs old!
No cal wants his OWN facility. He doesn’t want to share with the women’s team anymore. Barney told him he doesn’t have the funds to put the same $$$$ towards the women’s team. I have many more insights I’ll share with you guys over the next weeks from spending some time with some big UK NIL supporters. Some fb some bb. It has nothing to do with a lot of the stuff I’ve read about these issues

Who can tell me why? It’s not going to happen. Barney won’t allow it. I want to see what fans think about this and why cal can’t get this built? It’s a necessity for our program with or without cal
Facilities have nothing to do with Cals disappointing results since 2015 . Shut up and do your job Cal.

You’re right. I agree but there is a major internal power struggle between the two men than will hinder our bb program until one leaves.
Well I’m no Barnhart fan but , the main thing hindering our basketball program right now is that asinine contract he gave Calipari. Actually, I’ll be thrilled when they’re both gone .

You have accepted an incorrect narrative and your question is misleading. First of all, UK basketball already has facilities.

UK's athletics department includes 22 major and minor sports. Anyone posting here will be more interested in some sports than others, but our AD Mitch Barnhart (not Barney) doesn't have that luxury. Every program in our athletics department is supported by an athletics budget that must be approved annually by the Board of Trustees Committee on Athletics and then reported to the full Board. Mr. Barnhart manages the department of athletics under the supervision of the Board Committee and its Chair. Contrary to your narrative, Mr. Barnhart is a member of a management team, not a dictator. Supporting the basketball program is part of the athletic department's responsibility, but 21 other NCAA sports are also the department's responsibility.

So "Barney won't allow it" and "it's not going to happen" are false and misleading statements.

Each UK sport receives financial support and facilities renovations as determined by the Board of Trustees and its Committee on Athletics. Basketball facilities have been renovated and replaced before and will be again, when necessary. Working as a partner with the city, UK recently participated on a task force that funded and implemented major renovations to Rupp Arena. UK's basketball practice facilities have been updated before. When the Board decides the appropriate time has come, they will be renovated again or replaced.

You seem anxious to spend other people's money.

Last edited:
Barney told him he doesn’t have the funds to put the same $$$$ towards the women’s team.
I know we live in a world of title IX but no program spends the same amount on women’s sports. However, Mitch has always been adamant about building up programs that make negative money so that seems right on par with that idiot

You can’t get to the final four unless you have a top notch facility. If you don’t believe me look at the facilities of FAU and San Diego State.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
You’re right. I agree but there is a major internal power struggle between the two men than will hinder our bb program until one leaves.
why-not-both-why-not.gif

No one should have to tell you ask your NIL guys and boosters you will see this week.

How in the hell has he stolen money? You may not be satisfued with the results for the past few years. That doesn't mean he's stolen money. That is a ridiculous comment.
For the coaching effort and results he has achieved he has robbed the University and Boosters and the victims are the fans. He should be convicted of murdering our Program and Tradition. If you cannot see that you are too stupid to be a UK fan.

Reactions: bigbluedon
For the coaching effort and results he has achieved he has robbed the University and Boosters and the victims are the fans. He should be convicted of murdering our Program and Tradition. If you cannot see that you are too stupid to be a UK fan.
That's a lot of nonsense! We have the #1 recruiting class in college basketball. The team is already surpassing expectations. Once all of the players are healthy, the team will not have glaring weaknesses. You simply hate the coach's guts. Your problem is that the large majority of fans don't hate the coach's guts. I predict that the better this team plays, the more unhinged the Cal haters will become.

My opinion, make Calipari put his money where his mouth is and raise the money himself. If he can raise the money, build it. If not, don't build it.

Reactions: dl51344
Yep that is how it works. Hate to say it buts it’s true
that’s not true lol otherwise football would never build anything. You don’t have to spend the same amount of money. You have to offer the opportunity for a sport.

FB & BB bring in all the $$. Both give money BACK to the university. All the other sports feed at the trough that is UK Sports.

Cal said his former players making huge bank in the NBA would donate a lot of the money. In ANY other business (and like it or not, this is big business), if a division is making big money (W-L record isn't the same as revenue) than they have a lot more latitude to spend money. ESPECIALLY if they have a way to pay for it that doesn't cost the parent company much.

So is Cal actually can fund it, I say Mitch find a great big barn to house that bruised ego and let's get this done and move on.

Between Cal & Mitch I assume they have their meetings in a field somewhere since their isn't a building on campus that would fit both those egos in one meeting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT