ADVERTISEMENT

Guys it’s time to move on from this and come together

Our voices were heard loud and clear. He is returning so let’s rally behind the program and see what happens. Something tells me his feet will be held to the fire a bit more going forward. Let’s see less NBA talk and more championships. This program is our program no matter who coaches them. I have went outside, screamed to the hills, said a few words I’ll need to repent for and I’ve come back in ready to go. But we better see results or next time, Barney can call two moving trucks.
Go piss up a tree

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
Kentucky basketball's bigger than one guy and it's survived worse.

I'm not at all happy, but overall he's done a lot of good for this state. There's no damned reason to bash him; he's here whether we like it or not. And some of y'all are gonna be stuffing your faces with crow in the unlikely but entire possible event that he turns it around next season.

Go.

Big.

Blue.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
You can only pour out what's in you. It's hard to imagine Cal at this stage in his career miraculously pulling out the X's and O's needed to push the team to another level beyond natural talent. He has a top class coming in but I don't see anyone near Anthony Davis quality in the group. With that said I'll still be watching and cheering on the team.

I swear if you watch it you will get hooked. :)
I started watching because a good friend from Mexico didn't have internet and wanted to watch
some games at my house. There is a reason it's the world's most popular sport. I think it's impossible
for any sports fan to watch 5 Premier League games and not get addicted.
I’m not gonna bust your balls. But it’s just not for me. I can’t relate to soccer at all. We don’t even have soccer in our county.

Reactions: bigbluedon
I’m not gonna bust your balls. But it’s just not for me. I can’t relate to soccer at all. We don’t even have soccer in our county.
Oh, not only do we have it but it's passed the NBA in attendence and is closing fast on baseball. Of course American football will always be the number one sport in America but I find the skill of the great soccer players in controlling the ball with their feet and breaking peoples ankles like a great crossover dribble fascinating.

ps: If you do feel the need to bust my balls go for it; I'm a big boy and don't mind some friendly ribbing. :)

Last edited:
Our voices were heard loud and clear. He is returning so let’s rally behind the program and see what happens. Something tells me his feet will be held to the fire a bit more going forward. Let’s see less NBA talk and more championships. This program is our program no matter who coaches them. I have went outside, screamed to the hills, said a few words I’ll need to repent for and I’ve come back in ready to go. But we better see results or next time, Barney can call two moving trucks.
This reminds me of many post I read last year. "Cal will have his guys next year,everybody get on board ,but it's Final Four or bust next year" Here we are a year latter,we couldn't even get out of the 1st round and what's the new " narrative" " Cals going to make some REAL changes next year. He is going to be under closer 'Supervision' next year" If this is doesn't IMPROVE ( not defined) NEXT YEAR ,it'll be his last. I feel like Bill Maurry in Groundhog Day

Kentucky basketball's bigger than one guy and it's survived worse.

I'm not at all happy, but overall he's done a lot of good for this state. There's no damned reason to bash him; he's here whether we like it or not. And some of y'all are gonna be stuffing your faces with crow in the unlikely but entire possible event that he turns it around next season.

Go.

Big.

Blue.

Eat crow? I guess a final four or elite 8 erases 2 first round losses, and 3 10 loss seasons in 5 years. Lol, what a joke of a post.

This reminds me of many post I read last year. "Cal will have his guys next year,everybody get on board ,but it's Final Four or bust next year" Here we are a year latter,we couldn't even get out of the 1st round and what's the new " narrative" " Cals going to make some REAL changes next year. He is going to be under closer 'Supervision' next year" If this is doesn't IMPROVE ( not defined) NEXT YEAR ,it'll be his last. I feel like Bill Maurry in Groundhog Day
We have to teach a 65 year old coach. With almost 4 decades of experience how to coach.

I will give them a chance until I start seeing the bad patterns reappear. Then I will be out just like much of this year.

Probably another six years, maybe seven. This is a 10-year run, then I'll pass it on to somebody else to keep this program going, because it's so important to this state. I'm not the kind of guy who could retire on the job, who'd just stay to get paid. I'm not doing it for numbers or to pass everyone's win record.

Some probably are, but I think you underestimate the level of ignorant, gaslit waterheads that lurk like slime mold in the shadows of this forum and purport to be fans of UK. A few of them are even regular posters who are routinely and rightfully mocked for being enablers of failure and mediocrity:

@Sejonesy
@MdWIldcat55
@Oboro3
@DreadLox
DreadLox is the worst.

Some probably are, but I think you underestimate the level of ignorant, gaslit waterheads that lurk like slime mold in the shadows of this forum and purport to be fans of UK. A few of them are even regular posters who are routinely and rightfully mocked for being enablers of failure and mediocrity:

@Sejonesy
@MdWIldcat55
@Oboro3
@DreadLox
@JwUKFan11
Everyone of them is where they belong, in the little pocket near the bottom of my proverbial backpack. In that pocket is a handful of potpourri. On the outside of that pocket is a broken zipper.

• Haha
Reactions: entropy13
**** off troll

I agree it is time to unite and come together . Made my decision tonight to renew the season tickets I share as my wife laughed at me .
Bottom line is I support the program.
I will state an obvious word to the wise. If Cal plays favorites with his NBA bound kids to the detriment of the program again my feeling is all hell will break out and the support for Cal will evaporate fast. I really hope he finally understandS that his job is to win champion ships AND NOT TO PREPARE KIDS FOR THE NBA TO THE EXCLUSION OF WINNING .

Oh, not only do we have it but it's passed the NBA in attendence and is closing fast on baseball. Of course American football will always be the number one sport in America but I find the skill of the great soccer players in controlling the ball with their feet and breaking peoples ankles like a great crossover dribble fascinating.

ps: If you do feel the need to bust my balls go for it; I'm a big boy and don't mind some friendly ribbing. :)
One of the reasons it's passed others in attendance here in the US isn't because it's a great sport or anything. It's because its fans aren't from here.

Reactions: bigbluedon
I talk regularly with a former player, joe hall era, and he says that Cal doesn't want former players around the program, unless they are his former players. He's just a stubborn SOB. He and Mitch both need to go. They both have lost sight of what's on the front of that jersey
It's not because he's stubborn. It's because he set his former players up for riches, at the expense of UK's success on the basketball court. They won't complain or acknowledge what they know to be true. Just like Cousins. Rondo was exactly right about Calipari, and we'll never see Rondo on the staff as long as Cal is here. Cal doesn't want former players that were from other eras because they WERE about UK, and they still bleed UK, and Cal knows the fanbase will rally behind THOSE guys, and call Cal out for his bullshit. Just wait until Cal isn't here anymore, he's going to trash UK and so will his former players, and he will actively work to recruit against UK.

It's not because he's stubborn. It's because he set his former players up for riches, at the expense of UK's success on the basketball court. They won't complain or acknowledge what they know to be true. Just like Cousins. Rondo was exactly right about Calipari, and we'll never see Rondo on the staff as long as Cal is here. Cal doesn't want former players that were from other eras because they WERE about UK, and they still bleed UK, and Cal knows the fanbase will rally behind THOSE guys, and call Cal out for his bullshit. Just wait until Cal isn't here anymore, he's going to trash UK and so will his former players, and he will actively work to recruit against UK.
Bullseye

We don’t have soccer in my county in Kentucky. Not country.

I just can’t get down with any game that ends in a 0-0 tie. Great athletes tho

We don’t have soccer in my county in Kentucky. Not country.

I just can’t get down with any game that ends in a 0-0 tie. Great athletes tho
Sorry I misread that.
There are a few 0-0 and 1-0 games because goals are more difficult to attain but a lot of games also end up 4-3 which is the same as a 28-21 football game, just counting the scores are counted one point instead of 7. And even in the low scoring games there is constant action, no quarters or timeouts, just 45 straight minutes of play each half with minutes added for the time a player is down injured on the field or plays are reviewed. That's why it will never gain the television popularity of the other sports, no time for commercials.

I appreciate the sentiment about coming together for the sake of the program, but is it time? Not even close. This is raw right now. Even if I were inclined to put it aside at some point and just support the team, I wouldn't be ready today. No, it's not time. I'll be honest, I may not get there at all. I may watch games, but my heart won't be in them, not like before.

I've been invested since the late 70s when I was just a kid. I fell in love with Kyle Macy, Jim Masters, Dirk Minnifield, Dicky Beal, Sam Bowie, Melvin Turpin, Kenny Walker, and on and on. I was faithful through Kentucky's shame and watched Pitino revive the program, loving guys like Mashburn, Pelphrey, Feldhaus, Farmer, Woods, and on to guys like Delk, McCarty, Anderson, Mercer, Muhammed, Pope, and on and on. And even through the Tubby years I was invested to the end. Calipari came along and rejuvenated my investment to an even higher level.

But here's where I am- I have been burned so many times having completely given myself fully to believing in the team and expecting success only to have those dreams crushed, and not just a loss here or there or just a bad game in a tournament here or there, but first and second round losses to nobodies, to teams with half the talent. You can only get burned like that so many times before you become jaded and numb to it all. I'm not gonna be invested again until I feel there is a chance of a good return on that emotional investment. It's like trying to have a relationship with a cheating spouse. How many times can you put your heart and soul into this only to get crushed? You get jaded. You get guarded. You lose all trust. You are slow to trust again. UK fans are right there.

He’s only been around (with this name) since November.
Because my other profile here got deleted. If you feel better thinking I’m a troll then go right ahead. It’s the internet, you’re allowed that right. But I am not. I’m just a fan that has voiced his frustrations time and again. I’m also smart enough to know that while my opinion matters to me, it matters very little in the grand scheme of things. You think I’m happy with the results of this program? Go back and read some of my other post here. All I’m saying is that now that it’s confirmed, it’s time to get over it as much as each individual can, and find a way to will this team to a title. We have to keep the pressure on, demand that changes be made, demand that his lazy fat ass modifies his approach to the program and humbled himself for the good of the program. If he doesn’t, then he’s gone this time next year. If you as an individual, can’t do that right now, it’s ok. It’s just where I am with it.

I am not one to tell someone else how to be a fan or say that they aren't a fan if they don't support the team the same way I do. With that said UK is my team and I will wear my UK gear, I will buy more of it, I will watch every game and I will have high hopes going into the season that we turn things around. If you choose to do the opposite then that is your choice and I will not call you out for it as that's your choice. I would hope you will do the same for me and we can all disagree but be civil and mutual UK fans.

Sorry I misread that.
There are a few 0-0 and 1-0 games because goals are more difficult to attain but a lot of games also end up 4-3 which is the same as a 28-21 football game, just counting the scores are counted one point instead of 7. And even in the low scoring games there is constant action, no quarters or timeouts, just 45 straight minutes of play each half with minutes added for the time a player is down injured on the field or plays are reviewed. That's why it will never gain the television popularity of the other sports, no time for commercials.
I did enjoy Ted lasso

Reactions: ukfan1622
Sounds like Cal better have a Harbaugh type of resurgence quickly or he may have to send his wife to live in one of his vacation homes in the fall. Living in Lex could get miserable.

You never have to watch any form of entertainment. And staying away might broaden your taste. And tastes change. The music your grandpas and great grandpas like featured a lot of trombone and clarinet!

Enjoy..You might find something you like better.

OP et al:

thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.webp

Reactions: WildcatforLife1965
I expect that Cal and Mitch will hear boos all season at games and any public appearances. That is generally what happens when someone is forced upon the public

I appreciate the sentiment about coming together for the sake of the program, but is it time? Not even close. This is raw right now. Even if I were inclined to put it aside at some point and just support the team, I wouldn't be ready today. No, it's not time. I'll be honest, I may not get there at all. I may watch games, but my heart won't be in them, not like before.

I've been invested since the late 70s when I was just a kid. I fell in love with Kyle Macy, Jim Masters, Dirk Minnifield, Dicky Beal, Sam Bowie, Melvin Turpin, Kenny Walker, and on and on. I was faithful through Kentucky's shame and watched Pitino revive the program, loving guys like Mashburn, Pelphrey, Feldhaus, Farmer, Woods, and on to guys like Delk, McCarty, Anderson, Mercer, Muhammed, Pope, and on and on. And even through the Tubby years I was invested to the end. Calipari came along and rejuvenated my investment to an even higher level.

But here's where I am- I have been burned so many times having completely given myself fully to believing in the team and expecting success only to have those dreams crushed, and not just a loss here or there or just a bad game in a tournament here or there, but first and second round losses to nobodies, to teams with half the talent. You can only get burned like that so many times before you become jaded and numb to it all. I'm not gonna be invested again until I feel there is a chance of a good return on that emotional investment. It's like trying to have a relationship with a cheating spouse. How many times can you put your heart and soul into this only to get crushed? You get jaded. You get guarded. You lose all trust. You are slow to trust again. UK fans are right there.
You are usually as optimistic as possible. This statement from you says a lot.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT