ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Has Absolutely Ruined This Team

It’s only been 3 halves and maybe premature to call it but I seriously doubt it. This doesn’t even resemble the same team we saw the first 7 games.

It’s in no way Bradshaws fault, he’s been good, but it’s the way everything has changed since he’s been back. The long 2’s have returned, the 3’s have dropped back to normal Cal levels, Mitchell has been far less effective since he’s had to move inside and the team plays slower.

Every single bit of that is on Calipari. Don’t even get me started on defense. We absolutely have guys who could be great defenders with their length and quickness but aren’t. That’s all on coaching. He either doesn’t teach it or is bad at it.

He’s the only “coach” in the country who could take a legit title contender and turn them into a team that is primed for a round of 32/S16 upset.

At this point I’d rather lose in the tournament with no center and getting out rebounded or taking 30 threes and having an off shooting night than to keep doing this same crap we’ve done for a decade that doesn’t work! I absolutely can’t stand CCC. The greatest day in UK basketball history will be the day he’s fired or quits.
Alcohol makes you angry. Get some Coffe and calm down.

We looked awful for large stretches of the game against a team we were favored to beat by 14 points and many in this thread act like OP is deranged.

Cal sucks. This team will not sniff the final four because of him. And you fanboys will again find a way to defend CCC, justify the losing, and blame everyone but him (including us, the fans).

Do you honestly think Cal is actively encouraging guys to take 19 foot jumpers?

I dunno if I’d go that far, but is there really any difference between encouragement and indifference? 19-foot jumpers are the worst shot in basketball because they are high risk and (relatively) low reward. Cal is indifferent toward them, and that’s a problem. You look around the country and none of the successful teams of the past decade — and really even before then — are shooting those shots.

That play before halftime was unreal. We were trying to hold for the last shot. Began the play to early- then a bad pass into the post led to a turnover and an easy layup for Penn. Why the heck do we suck at the end of halves? High school teams at least get a decent shot off. Piss poor coaching is the answer.

Reactions: dl51344
That play before halftime was unreal. We were trying to hold for the last shot. Began the play to early- then a bad pass into the post led to a turnover and an easy layup for Penn. Why the heck do we suck at the end of halves? High school teams at least get a decent shot off. Piss poor coaching is the answer.
How in the world is missed execution by the players on the floor the fault of coaching? It was glaringly obvious they screwed up the play call. I was a few rows back of the bench and it was the maddest I saw Cal all game. That one was 100% on the players.

How in the world is missed execution by the players on the floor the fault of coaching? It was glaringly obvious they screwed up the play call. I was a few rows back of the bench and it was the maddest I saw Cal all game. That one was 100% on the players.
No. It Happens to often. Wrong player takes the shot, poor shot selection, or turnover. It’s definitely coaching.

Reactions: dl51344
This thread was written before the game was even played. It bears no resemblance to the game I just watched. At no time did we play with AB camping in the lane and posting up. Not once. What we did do a little too much for my liking was have him set a high screen, roll towards the basket, and we were forcing the pass to him when it wasn't there. Outside of that, we played as we have been all season.

No. It Happens to often. Wrong player takes the shot, poor shot selection, or turnover. It’s definitely coaching.
If you think a guy fumbling a pass is coaching then I dont know what to tell you. I've said it countless times, there are absolutely legitimate things to criticize Cal over, but that end of the half sequence isn't one of them.

If you think a guy fumbling a pass is coaching then I dont know what to tell you. I've said it countless times, there are absolutely legitimate things to criticize Cal over, but that end of the half sequence isn't one of them.
Like I said, it happens all the time. Agree to disagree. Glad you had nice seats though. Would have been a nice trip.

What I will put on Cal is I think the way coaches stall ball at the end of games affects our play towards the end of the first half as well. When you are conditioned to drain the clock and not be aggressive, it makes the defenders' job that much easier. I will never understand why he insists on doing that religiously. He never deviates. You would think 2015 FF game would have learnt him, but no.

What I will put on Cal is I think the way coaches stall ball at the end of games affects our play towards the end of the first half as well. When you are conditioned to drain the clock and not be aggressive, it makes the defenders' job that much easier. I will never understand why he insists on doing that religiously. He never deviates. You would think 2015 FF game would have learnt him, but no.
There was under 30 seconds left in the half. It was a play called during a timeout to take the last shot of the half. If I'm remembering correctly it was a pass to Mitchell down low that got turned over, and probably would have been an option for him to post and take a last second shot, or dish it out for an open 3 which he is very good at doing. I don't think it has anything to do with stall ball.

Reactions: Seakat311
A coach cal ride or die blaming the players. It's classic. CAL CANT SHOOT FOR EM! Lol, when it happens for years and years it's not the players.

He's showing the commonwealth just how good he is at derailing a team loaded with talent. His way, or the highway. Another round of 32 flameout.....All you have to know of how bad a floor coach he is...Look at the guys that have left Kentucky, and gone on to have great college careers. Wake me when this used car salesman is gone.

• Haha
Reactions: LmdCat
Do you honestly think Cal is actively encouraging guys to take 19 foot jumpers?
Actually yes he does. He’s even admitted to this multiple times. His little line of “if you aren’t hitting the shot from behind the 3pt line just dribble in a step or two and shoot it” is burned into my brain and will piss me off until his ass is long gone. Probably even well after he’s gone considering how much talent has been wasted here doing that crap.

Yes it was premature. 😂.

This stupid thread aged well. Nicely done OP (🤡)
See kids, this is why until the game is over before you go off the deep end.
It’s still valid. We managed to have one little stretch of playing like we had been to get the lead and keep it. We blew a 16 point lead and let a .500 team full of white guys you’d see in a church league wipe that lead out in the second half and get it to 1 point. They were a missed three from taking the lead. Honestly they could have easily won the way they shot and the way we played. The shot for the lead missed, we scored and then played fast for several minutes like we did games 1-7 to push the lead out where it stayed.

This shit is only going to get worse when Ugo starts playing next week.

Reactions: LmdCat and Mike-D
GloomThat actually makes it worse. Shot 50% and still had a .500 Ivy League stay right with us for the majority of the game.
depressed illustration GIF by CsaK

I am trying to understand the posts in this thread but having a difficult time. There is nothing wrong with our offense. We scored over80 on one of the slowest Tempo teams in the country. The right people shot threes,the post game was effective. This teams current weakness is on the defensive end. IF we clean that up we will be a very tough out. You guys yearning for the 1996 offense dont understand thst its 2023,PLUS that team played lock down defense. Jacking up 30 3s a game is effective MOST of the time when you have the talent we do. What happens when we have an off night shooting,we lose, if thats all the game we have developed. We beat this team ,give it a reast

This stupid thread aged well. Nicely done OP (🤡)

We beat a 6-5 team by 15, and the Cal fans have their chest stuck out a mile. Lol. Good grief.

The point of these threads is to showcase how Cal tinkering with the offense is just stupid.

Why are we shooting long 2's again? I counted around 10. 3 or 4 were after a player passed up a wide open 3 to take a long 2. Long 2's are statistically the worst shot in basketball.

Why are we wasting possessions force feeding the post? We don't have any bigs that are even back to the basket scorers, and almost every post possession ends up in a turnover or a missed shot. Furthemore, watch our offense every time we post. We literally have 4 guys standing there watching. Zero movement. The whole concept should be left in the 90's where it belongs.

Why are we back down near the bottom of college basketball in 3 point attempts per game these last 2 games with a team that shoots it over 40% from 3? MALPRACTICE.

I am trying to understand the posts in this thread but having a difficult time. There is nothing wrong with our offense. We scored over80 on one of the slowest Tempo teams in the country. The right people shot threes,the post game was effective. This teams current weakness is on the defensive end. IF we clean that up we will be a very tough out. You guys yearning for the 1996 offense dont understand thst its 2023,PLUS that team played lock down defense. Jacking up 30 3s a game is effective MOST of the time when you have the talent we do. What happens when we have an off night shooting,we lose, if thats all the game we have developed. We beat this team ,give it a reas
Where do people find Penn to be such a slow paced team? Just observation? I notice theyre 39th in offense.

Last edited:
We beat a 6-5 team by 15, and the Cal fans have their chest stuck out a mile. Lol. Good grief.

The point of these threads is to showcase how Cal tinkering with the offense is just stupid.

Why are we shooting long 2's again? I counted around 10. 3 or 4 were after a player passed up a wide open 3 to take a long 2. Long 2's are statistically the worst shot in basketball.

Why are we wasting possessions force feeding the post? We don't have any bigs that are even back to the basket scorers, and almost every post possession ends up in a turnover or a missed shot. Furthemore, watch our offense every time we post. We literally have 4 guys standing there watching. Zero movement. The whole concept should be left in the 90's where it belongs.

Why are we back down near the bottom of college basketball in 3 point attempts per game these last 2 games with a team that shoots it over 40% from 3? MALPRACTICE.
You have got to be the most miserable person/ poster on all of these boards my friend! Your next positive post will be your very first one. Your act is really old, why don't you just become a full time Louisville fan, or Indiana or Tennessee or anybody else for that matter.

You have got to be the most miserable person/ poster on all of these boards my friend! Your next positive post will be your very first one. Your act is really old, why don't you just become a full time Louisville fan, or Indiana or Tennessee or anybody else for that matter.
I think you’re not supposed to be happy that UK won. You need to find something to complain about and include the word Cow or CCC.

Refute anything I said or run along.

Lol, my "act" is old because I want to watch good basketball and give us the best chance to win. When we flame out in the sweet 16, I'm sure you'll be on here telling everyone what a great season we had, so spare me with anymore of your bull shit. I don't get on here and attack other posters because I got in my feelings about how someone didn't think like me and praise John Calipari. That's on you.

Reactions: LmdCat
It’s still valid. We managed to have one little stretch of playing like we had been to get the lead and keep it. We blew a 16 point lead and let a .500 team full of white guys you’d see in a church league wipe that lead out in the second half and get it to 1 point. They were a missed three from taking the lead. Honestly they could have easily won the way they shot and the way we played. The shot for the lead missed, we scored and then played fast for several minutes like we did games 1-7 to push the lead out where it stayed.

This shit is only going to get worse when Ugo starts playing next week.
It’s not valid at all. What’s going to get worse? Continuing to win while covering the spread like yesterday? Not sure you have watched much basketball, but it is a game of runs and UK did what it needed to do yesterday to win comfortably

It’s only been 3 halves and maybe premature to call it but I seriously doubt it. This doesn’t even resemble the same team we saw the first 7 games.

It’s in no way Bradshaws fault, he’s been good, but it’s the way everything has changed since he’s been back. The long 2’s have returned, the 3’s have dropped back to normal Cal levels, Mitchell has been far less effective since he’s had to move inside and the team plays slower.

Every single bit of that is on Calipari. Don’t even get me started on defense. We absolutely have guys who could be great defenders with their length and quickness but aren’t. That’s all on coaching. He either doesn’t teach it or is bad at it.

He’s the only “coach” in the country who could take a legit title contender and turn them into a team that is primed for a round of 32/S16 upset.

At this point I’d rather lose in the tournament with no center and getting out rebounded or taking 30 threes and having an off shooting night than to keep doing this same crap we’ve done for a decade that doesn’t work! I absolutely can’t stand CCC. The greatest day in UK basketball history will be the day he’s fired or quits.
It has been said often that Cal only rolls out the balls. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. His teams normally start well until his coaching influence on his players start to dominate their play. There couldn't be a better example of this than this season. The only good from this is that it clearly shows he has no idea how to coach the game or he is only interested in showcasing certain players' skill set. This team doesn't need a lot of points from Bradshaw. We really only need his rim protection and rebounding. Because Cal wants another NBA lottery pick, he is going to run his offense through Bradshaw. It is all about specific players' success and not team success.

Reactions: Mike-D
It has been said often that Cal only rolls out the balls. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. His teams normally start well until his coaching influence on his players start to dominate their play. There couldn't be a better example of this than this season. The only good from this is that it clearly shows he has no idea how to coach the game or he is only interested in showcasing certain players' skill set. This team doesn't need a lot of points from Bradshaw. We really only need his rim protection and rebounding. Because Cal wants another NBA lottery pick, he is going to run his offense through Bradshaw. It is all about specific players' success and not team success.
Must have been watching a different game than I was if you think the offense was run through Bradshaw yesterday . Looks to me like he took the third most shots and the court was wide open with 5 men out most of the game. You’re acting like they were force feeding him the post yesterday. Very balanced scoring yesterday, but you keep up with your agenda. Geez that was a bad post you just made.

Must have been watching a different game than I was if you think the offense was run through Bradshaw yesterday . Looks to me like he took the third most shots and the court was wide open with 5 men out most of the game. You’re acting like they were force feeding him the post yesterday. Very balanced scoring yesterday, but you keep up with your agenda. Geez that was a bad post you just made.
Cal, I see you! We saw the same game. It was the same game in which you were pretending to be a coach. Yes, that dumb play you called just before the half that resulted in Mitchell turning over the ball when he wasn't more than 6 ft from the basket. Mitchell should have taken the shot, but he had to pass it to Bradshaw. GREAT JOB CAL!!

Last edited:

The more he tinkers the further we slide away from being a final 4 team. It is unfortunate that we are looking less and less like a blue blood and more like a fanbase who are just happy to win games against bad teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike-D
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT