ADVERTISEMENT

Blame Cal all you want….but

Feb 28, 2024
This team played sloppy and out of control the ENTIRE game. It’s fine to be critical of Cal to some degree but there were too many easy missed shots…too many ridiculous turnovers…too many ridiculous calls….and no desire to play defense. Simpletons see a loss and blame Cal but refuse to hold players to any level of accountability. It’s sad too think how many UK “fans” turned the television on tonight rooting for the other team just so they could cry about it online. The players on the court tonight played AWFUL. Don’t @me crybabies

This team played sloppy and out of control the ENTIRE game. It’s fine to be critical of Cal to some degree but there were too many easy missed shots…too many ridiculous turnovers…too many ridiculous calls….and no desire to play defense. Simpletons see a loss and blame Cal but refuse to hold players to any level of accountability. It’s sad too think how many UK “fans” turned the television on tonight rooting for the other team just so they could cry about it online. The players on the court tonight played AWFUL. Don’t @me crybabies
Thanks, Erin

TDRYIJk.png

This has been the problem most of the year.

Reactions: Haggin_Hall_1983
"It’s sad too think" ... who's the simpleton and I don't remember anyone asking you to "think"? Name calling is a bad look, even for you.

Assuming this isn’t a troll.

How many years of saying this does it take before it starts being Cal’s fault? I was fine saying this about our performance against South Carolina in 2010. Or Vanderbilt in 2012. I’m not fine saying it about Wilmington and LSU and A&M and A&M again and I haven’t even started on previous seasons. This is Cal’s team. He chose it. Cal can STFU and start winning games that matter again.

Who prepared them for this game? Who let them play sloppy with no changes? Who taught them this pathetic defense without changing it all year? Cal is 100% to blame for their performance. It falls on the head coach, that is what he gets paid for.

Speaking of that, I know that the $10 for your membership isn’t much with the $9 million bucks we pay your dad. I know it sucks hearing people always bash him but it comes with the job.

OP is somewhat correct . In the first half we had a few wtf kind of turnovers in a 5 minute stretch. We went from up 1 to down 7 or 8 off stupid turnovers
That’s exactly the part of the game I’m referring too. We actually took the lead and let it slip away within seconds due to poor play and decision making. Be critical of Cal and his lineups etc…but don’t excuse the terrible play at the same time.

OP is somewhat correct . In the first half we had a few wtf kind of turnovers in a 5 minute stretch. We went from up 1 to down 7 or 8 off stupid turnovers
Is it the fault of these players that UK has won 2 SEC tournament games in the past 4-5 years? Is it these players fault the abysmal NCAA tournament performances the past 4-5 years? There has been 1 constant during that period and it ain’t Reed, Wagner, Dilly, Mitchell etc.

Last edited:
But. Good God didn't St. Peter's teach you anything?

All of that was ENTIRELY on Cal!!!

Nearly EVERY loss we've had this season has come down to our team giving up offensive rebounds, not getting 50/50 balls, making DUMB mistakes and our BEST shooters not getting enough attempts!!

Cal has FAILED to find a way to ACTUALLY teach the game to this team!!! With our ability to score, our defense doesn't have to be great, we just HAVE TO limit the opponents scoring opportunities!! Our INITIAL defense is not that bad, but we just DON'T rotate properly and leave shooters WIDE OPEN at the 3 pt line by helping TOO MUCH!!! And when the opponent misses, we DON'T find a body to BLOCK OUT!!!! We just WATCH the ball come off the rim!!!

All of that is DIRECTLY on Cal!!!!

That’s exactly the part of the game I’m referring too. We actually took the lead and let it slip away within seconds due to poor play and decision making. Be critical of Cal and his lineups etc…but don’t excuse the terrible play at the same time.
Yeah I agree that stretch in the first half wasn’t on Cal . There were some weird unforced turnovers . I remember commenting on the game thread “wtf are we doing right now “

Is it the fault of these players that UK has won 2 SEC tournament wins in the past 4-5 years? Is it these players fault the abysmal NCAA tournament performances the past 4-5 years? There has been 1 constant during that period and it ain’t Reed, Wagner, Dilly, Mitchell etc.
I’m specifically commenting on the OP talking about the sloppy turnovers which happened in the first half.

I have bashed Cal failures in other threads but I’m just commenting on what the OP was talking about in his post .

if you preach that the SECT doesn't matter, then the team is going to play it.
I didn’t know he said that until I saw someone it about an hour ago. I don’t really listen to Cal press conferences before or after games unless someone makes a thread about a quote of his .

With that said I do think the players care they just aren’t good defensive .

New name and drunk again....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT