ADVERTISEMENT

Assistants Update

Exactly what will Fox be doing? Just seems strange to me, a guy that could never get good enough recruits or coach the ones he could get.

98% of you have signed up for this Mark Pope deal. It's going spectacularly. Mark freaking Fox is our assistant coach? Over Antiqua?
Reed's gone?
A morman is our coach?
The ol' Joseph Smith in the hat people?
When will this freaking nightmare end?
I'm convinced I'm asleep.
Mods. Clean out the trash.

Go insult peoples religion else where child.

98% of you have signed up for this Mark Pope deal. It's going spectacularly. Mark freaking Fox is our assistant coach? Over Antiqua?
Reed's gone?
A morman is our coach?
The ol' Joseph Smith in the hat people from south park? You hired one of those?
You negative **** Fox will be NIL and hart has connections to g league, nba and AAU

I'm not liking the Fox hire at all but I get it. This is Mark Pope way to say thank you Fox for hiring me for my first coaching job after dropping out of medical school.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Reed's gone?
A morman is our coach?
If I was you, I wouldn't put up with it. I'd just leave. Quietly would be nice.

Reed's gone?
A morman is our coach?
Good ****ing god. Reed was gone no matter what. Give up on that one.

Reed's gone?
A morman is our coach?
You're an idiot.

Reactions: bnewt
Okay, so the Fox hire seems like a friend/favor hire. Which is a similar issue we had with Cal.

The Hart hire is a lot more intriguing, but someone who coached Ignite doesn't seem like the kind of guy with connections to the KY first type of players. He seems more like a guy that would be connected to those looking to get NIL money and into the league. Again, an issue we already had under Cal.

This isn't exactly off to the start I had envisioned Sunday afternoon.

Hopefully at least one of the the other names has better connections to recruiting circles and UK.

Reed's gone?
A morman is our coach?
We don’t need this!!!!

Reactions: bnewt
Okay, so the Fox hire seems like a friend/favor hire. Which is a similar issue we had with Cal.

The Hart hire is a lot more intriguing, but someone who coached Ignite doesn't seem like the kind of guy with connections to the KY first type of players. He seems more like a guy that would be connected to those looking to get NIL money and into the league. Again, an issue we already had under Cal.

This isn't exactly off to the start I had envisioned Sunday afternoon.
Just judging by the like 5 posts I have seen you make you seem lost. If you are wanting guys that only care about playing for UK we will end up with in state players that don't even have a chance of D3 basketball. You need guys like Hart that have pipelines and connect with talented players.

This isn't 1996 where guys only care about prestige of the school, they want a mixture of that, NIL, coaching, winning, some have NBA dreams whether it be 1nD or multiple years, newsflash, All of the top ranked recruits coming out of HS each year have dreams of making it to the NBA one day.

Just judging by the like 5 posts I have seen you make you seem lost. If you are wanting guys that only care about playing for UK we will end up with in state players that don't even have a chance of D3 basketball. You need guys like Hart that have pipelines and connect with talented players.

This isn't 1996 where guys only care about prestige of the school, they want a mixture of that, NIL, coaching, winning, some have NBA dreams whether it be 1nD or multiple years, newsflash, All of the top ranked recruits coming out of HS each year have dreams of making it to the NBA one day.
I'm just going off what Mark Pope was selling at his press conference. He said he was recruiting guys that played for the name on the front, not the back. So I'm lost for expecting that standard he mentioned?

Dreams of making it to the NBA and having that be their primary motivation for being here are very different things. Doesn't seem like I'm the lost one here.

I'm just going off what Mark Pope was selling at his press conference. He said he was recruiting guys that played for the name on the front, not the back. So I'm lost for expecting that standard he mentioned?

Dreams of making it to the NBA and having that be their primary motivation for being here are very different things. Doesn't seem like I'm the lost one here.
You are, playing for the front of the jersey just means wanting to win in the end. If you can’t also want NIL and have dreams of making it to the NBA along with that then UK will never win anything of significance.

Reed's gone?
A morman is our coach?
Please do take a nap or move to the Arkansas board with your used car salesman of a coach. Antiqua was/is a yes man, and Reed as a top 5 pick, despite an idiot coach that wouldn't even start him over his 5 star favorites, has to take the $. No one would turn down that $. Your repeated "mormon" comment is offensive to people of all religions, which apparently, you have none.

Last edited:
Reactions: catben
You are, playing for the front of the jersey just means wanting to win in the end. If you can’t also want NIL and have dreams of making it to the NBA along with that then UK will never win anything of significance.
You seem so confused. No one has said that players shouldn't have ambitions of making NIL money and to one day play in the NBA. However, playing for the name on the front of the jersey means that all comes secondary to playing for UK. It doesn't just mean winning at the end of the season.

If not, then Pope basically just lied.

You seem so confused. No one has said that players shouldn't have ambitions of making NIL money and to one day play in the NBA. However, playing for the name on the front of the jersey means that all comes secondary to playing for UK. It doesn't just mean winning at the end of the season.

If not, then Pope basically just lied.
Yeah man good luck finding anybody talented that puts everything in their life second to Kentucky basketball Lmao. Even a legends son is going pro.

Yeah man good luck finding anybody talented that puts everything in their life second to Kentucky basketball Lmao. Even a legends son is going pro.
So, we got sold lies?

Uconn seems to be doing pretty good at it. Their making it to the pros but appear to be giving their all for Uconn first.

Some of you guys are idiots. Fox isn't going to be an on the road assistant. He's more than likely going to be dealing with NIL. About the same position he has at Georgetown. Most people at Georgetown don't want him to leave. It's a great hire for UK.

He’s a former head coach in an administrative role. That works for me.
Exactly I don’t get the hate he’s basically going to just be handling like the NIL stuff. Man some of these people I just don’t get. Give Pope a damn chance to make the choices he wants to be able to succeed.

Reactions: BigTyrone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT