ADVERTISEMENT

Assistants under fire

TheWyldKat

Senior
Mar 13, 2016
Is Chin and Bruiser the 2 coaches rumored to be getting let go?

I assume Chin is who KSR was alluding to “doing nothing”?

Reactions: Fox2monk
I like Chin’s personality, but I saw someone say he was in charge of the defensive gameplan. If that is even remotely true hes got to go.

Bruiser should’ve never been hired to begin with, but I have a crazy feeling he will be back next year.

Guess Chin was no wanted that we poach him from Illinois so he comes here and stops working. I get Bruiser since he is Cal's buddy. Come here and give you a 'title' and chew gum.

So who was working since even Seth Greenberg was talking about Cal not working hard enough. So when Cal said let's get to work...he meant it.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Def the assistants fault. Cal could have the Mt Rushmore of coaches and still F up the Dream Team. Just Mitch giving Cal another out.
Disagree. I think cal started his descent when he started losing his coaches. Robic, Payne, coach O and also peevy. Those were the good years.

Bringing in justice and barbee was a disaster akin to tubbys later years when he refused to fire his buddies and hire recruiters

Disagree. I think cal started his descent when he started losing his coaches. Robic, Payne, coach O and also peevy. Those were the good years.

Bringing in justice and barbee was a disaster akin to tubbys later years when he refused to fire his buddies and hire recruiters
Yeah. There's some truth in that. I'm just mad at the world right now.

It’s time to get the band back together.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Isn't it obvious that he doesn't listen to his assistants? It's just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic at this point. I genuinely feel bad for anyone that still emotionally buys in, or makes significant $$$ donations. Might as well piss into the wind.

I don't see problems with any assistants, personally. They aren't the reason we lost that last game. Firing an endless line of assistants won't change the problem, which is the guy at the top. If Cal had integrity, he'd refuse to fire those guys and take the heat on himself. That's my 2 cents.

Damn those jerk assistants! Their poor roster construction, crazy lineups and substitution patterns, poor
game planning, and inability to get our players to defend just killed us this year. Poor Cal, he was just
victimized by his assistants this year.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Is that who KSR was alluding to?
Wouldn't surprise me. Coaches can obviously go out to dinner, but I live up in NJ and I've seen him a few times at Tony's dressed to the nines right after a game. So if I'm barely there and have seen him a few times I'm sure he's out often.

So at least can bruiser and bring Padgett in. This is why cal can’t win. They don’t know what it means to put on the blue and white. Cal needs to reach out and open up to former players before him. That boogie diatribe was disturbing. He gave no recognition to what the job does for coaches. Rondo he gets it. Adding Padgett or someone like him would go along way. A non cal era former Kentucky player. Enough of this basketball began when cal came to Kentucky garbage

I don't know what assistants do what or are supposed to do whatever but whomever is tied in to the god-awful defensive planning needs to go. "Let'em shoot and hope they miss" doesn't cut it.

First it was Justus and Barbee, now 2 more assistant coaches. Just maybe, it's not the assistant coaches. Maybe it's the common denominator in all of this.
Justice
Barbee
Ky turner
Jai Lucas

We csn keep the list growing …..but under Cal the assistant mainly is about helping out I get talent….to which we just had

1. all American in Reeves (Chin)
2. Edwards Dilly (Orlando)
3. Dj is about Cal
4. Reed is a legacy recruit regardless of coach
5. Ivisic (Chuck Martin)
6. Bradshaw (Orlando)
And the future
7. Quantenance, Fland, Knox , Richmond, Somto

I am sure not one assistant was part of plan to start Dj and Edward all year. Never play zone on defense end. Abandon small ball and insert Tre back in lineup in NCAA tournament. Play all three seven footers instead of best snd working them into lineup. Etc

Isn’t it strange KY when playing those exhibitions in Bahamas and Canada look so good but then fall apart during the season. Just a thought but maybe it’s because the HC was in the stands and the assistants were coaching.

Is Chin and Bruiser the 2 coaches rumored to be getting let go?

I assume Chin is who KSR was alluding to “doing nothing”?
Calipari has changed assistant coaches in the past & we're still losing in the 1st weekend of the tournament. The players change, the assistants change. The one thing that these 1st weekend flameouts all have in common is John Calipari

First it was Justus and Barbee, now 2 more assistant coaches. Just maybe, it's not the assistant coaches. Maybe it's the common denominator in all of this.
That’s true but the common denominator isn’t going anywhere because Mitch is a scared little wussy that can’t make any right big decisions!

Calipari has changed assistant coaches in the past & we're still losing in the 1st weekend of the tournament. The players change, the assistants change. The one thing that these 1st weekend flameouts all have in common is John Calipari
Yep. These assistants aren't anything of consequence. Cal wouldn't listen to anyone anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT