ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone think Big Z will never play?

As long as he stays at UK his eligibility will remain in limbo. If he wants to play college, let him transfer to Duke, Kansas, UNC, UConn, Villanova, really anywhere and he will be granted eligibility within a weeks time.

Reactions: BlueSince92
I thought he would play. Now I don’t.
Exactly how I feel. It's getting too far into the season now anyway for him to contribute if he were cleared. When was the last time he played any competitive basketball other than practice? And, he has no idea what it would take to acclimate to the high level college game. Too late for him I think.

This goes to show the NCAA has something against Ky these people has no boss so they can do anything they want.

Nope. Shoving that billboard in the NCAA’s face probably didn’t help.
The Kentucky Effect.
This is dumb. If anything it puts more pressure on them publicly. That's how you force change on things like this, not by being quiet. We've tried the quiet part, now it's time to make some noise.

IF UK had a real coach and a real athletic director, they would both be on every media source available questioning why this is taking so long. Total injustice to the young man. Thousands of miles away from home to be a cheer leader

Reactions: TriCountyCat
Ideally, Big Z gets cleared this week and he sticks around for one more season next year.

Add Knox is the Spring, and convince Peterson to reclass and come here. Sheppard returns and we make another run at a Final Four next season:

G - Sheppard - Fland - Perry
G - Peterson - Fland - Perry - Hart
G - Knox - Richmond - Burks
F - Thiero - Big Z - Burks
F - Quaintance - Onyenso - Cyril

In such a scenario, I could see Burks/Hart leaving the program and I wouldn't blame them.

Reactions: Scrub_100
Underestimating Perry. He will play a Reed Shepherd role and be the first or second player off the bench.
That would be a great problem to have: finding minutes for Fland and Perry. That means we landed Peterson, which would be a very good thing.

Why no more Theiro? Let him get healed. Kid is a gamer.
Yes he is I have no doubt Theiro would play if he was able. He has been "day to day" for 3 weeks, clearly his back issue is problematic. Since he can't play he can't practice either. Once he is able to practice then there would be a period of time before he would be game ready. Given what we know and also what we don't know it seems to me his return is as questionable as Z's appearance on the court

Reactions: LosGatos
I just hope that Cal's not sitting in the green room taking the credit for another draft pick. Did UK not do its due diligence in the beginning and find out about the stipend and nip that in the bud?

NCAA - in a lose lose situation no matter what happens.

If they clear him, it took too long, it looks bad no matter how you slice it.

If they don't, and it's really about the stipend, then we've got some serious problems in the way the system works because we've got kids getting thousands of bucks for NIL.

The N.C.A.A. - clearly an anacronym for : Narcoleptic Collective Asswipe Association.

Once Cal came out and basically said - in his vague, roundabout way - that he'd received a stipend that was too high, that pretty much meant there's no chance of him being eligible.

No, and it is getting to the point that he won't have time to get a good shot at playing his best! Has the University raised enough cain to provoke the NCAA to make a decision? Doesn't seem like it, unless it is a secret. Deja vu, all over again.

Quick update from Pilgrim a few minutes ago on Big Z. He said if the NCAA were to issue an opinion soon it would more likely be "no" as to his eligibility but a lawsuit could well then be filed that gets him ultimately eligible.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Quick update from Pilgrim a few minutes ago on Big Z. He said if the NCAA were to issue an opinion soon it would more likely be "no" as to his eligibility but a lawsuit could well then be filed that gets him ultimately eligible.
Dragging a kid along this long takes some pretty heartless scum type people to do a kid like that. Especially for a kid that is trying to adjust to a new type of life. They need to be exposed in a full investigation on the holdup. It will never happen though.

Reactions: TheDude73
This is dumb. If anything it puts more pressure on them publicly. That's how you force change on things like this, not by being quiet. We've tried the quiet part, now it's time to make some noise.
The billboard was cute, but suing the NCAA has more public leverage. Just ask all the other schools how it went (UNC, KU, probably a host of others we don't even know about). And those other schools actually did something wrong! We haven't!

Dragging a kid along this long takes some pretty heartless scum type people to do a kid like that. Especially for a kid that is trying to adjust to a new type of life. They need to be exposed in a full investigation on the holdup. It will never happen though.
They don't see the kid in this situation. They see KENTUCKY and John Calipari. There are obviously some people at the NCAA that have such a disdain for one or both of these entities that when they are asked to rule on some compliance/eligibility concern, it blinds them to any empathy for the kids involved. Sickening asshats.

As long as Cal is here, we will get the short end of the stick in everything. We know the NCAA doesn't like him and the refs definitely don't like him.

This is what I have suspected for some time, The NCAA drags it out before saying no. If a law suit were to be filed it would likely not impact this season. If a suit were to be filed and if Z and UK won Z would have to stay another year for it to have any effect. Z staying here that long doesn't seem likely, what happens to the bigs already on hand for next season? do they still come? Ugo would likely move on where there is less competition for playing time

Last edited:
They hate that a southern program is the best is the nation. If the NCAA had their way UNC, Dook, UConn, Kansas would be the top teams.
UNC and Duke are kind of southern teams as well; this is about something different. It goes back to when an all-white UK team(pre-integration) faced an all-black team in the NCAA championship game. It didn't help that our coach was named Adolf; we somehow became a symbol of something we really were not, at least not any more than UNC or Duke who also didn't recruit black players at the time. When you combine that with the NCAA and ESPN being infested with UNC and Duke alumni, UK being the red-headed stepchild is what you get.

I'll just sit back and wait for the incoming fire from the redheads...

Im not sure why Ky doesnt go ahead with the suit? If you wait much longer its going to be pointless!

Reactions: Rockford
UNC and Duke are kind of southern teams as well; this is about something different. It goes back to when an all-white UK team(pre-integration) faced an all-black team in the NCAA championship game. It didn't help that our coach was named Adolf; we somehow became a symbol of something we really were not, at least not any more than UNC or Duke who also didn't recruit black players at the time. When you combine that with the NCAA and ESPN being infested with UNC and Duke alumni, UK being the red-headed stepchild is what you get.

I'll just sit back and wait for the incoming fire from the redheads...
UNC is, Dook is a yankee transplant school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT