ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone think Big Z will never play?

Well when Kanter never got cleared we made the Final Four. So I'd sign up for a repeat of that.

I think we need a clean slate starting with Barnhart. He won't fight for the very thing every other school seems to get. Nothing makes sense because the truth is being hidden ... but why?
It wouldn't be an issue anywhere else, honestly I don't believe there is a damn thing Barnhart or Cal can do about it. The NCAA treatment of UK is a disgrace but isn't going to change

Even if he were granted eligibility today, there’s simply not enough time to acclimate him into the roster. Cal may try, but I think his time here is done.
If he gets cleared, albeit late, his best bet would be to play out the remainder of this year and return for a complete season next year and then take his shot at the pros if that's what he wants.

Even if he were granted eligibility today, there’s simply not enough time to acclimate him into the roster. Cal may try, but I think his time here is done.
Why, if he were magically to become eligible, he likely would do no worse than Bradshaw did yesterday. He has been practicing with the team, Theiro hasn't been able to practice for about 3 weeks, Z is more ready than that

I really don’t think it matters anymore.

The second half of the season we almost never play any more than an eight man rotation, and we’ve already got nine guys who appear deserving of a spot (after Thiero returns). Trying to squeeze a new guy into the mix at this point would only be disruptive. And I can’t imagine where you could possibly fit another seven footer in anyways.

Plus, it’s EXTREMELY clear now that this team plays best when it goes with the smaller lineup with Reeves at the three anyways. Adding another big might only encourage Cal to play the wrong lineups more often.

If he gets cleared, albeit late, his best bet would be to play out the remainder of this year and return for a complete season next year and then take his shot at the pros if that's what he wants.
That would be the smart thing to do. But he will likely go G League next year regardless

Why, if he were magically to become eligible, he likely would do no worse than Bradshaw did yesterday. He has been practicing with the team, Theiro hasn't been able to practice for about 3 weeks, Z is more ready than that
I don’t disagree. But I don’t think he will be cleared so it’s a moot point

I can't see him playing now. Just based on the comments from Cal recently and whatnot.

Kinda silly but it is what it is lol

Reactions: Fox2monk
After the Kanter debacle and the trivial amount they are held up on, no I don't see him suiting up at Kentucky. The NCAA knew what they were doing dragging their ass so long that if he were to get cleared, would be so far behind in terms of helping this team win this year.

Getting more worried with each passing game. If we haven't heard by the end of January, it aint happening.

There is a YouTube video that says he is cleared to play and will enroll in a couple of days.

No, we know how this goes at UK. Kanter, Diallo, Sharpe and now Z. I could include Vanderbilt here as well, got a taste of what he could do and then he was suddenly finished.

Well when Kanter never got cleared we made the Final Four. So I'd sign up for a repeat of that.
So you prefer a Final Four road that requires a buzzer beater in the first round, a come from 10 points behind second round game, a game against the overall #1 seed in the Sweet Sixteen that requires a miracle contested 17 foot jump shot, and a game that requires a corner three in the last minute against a team featuring four or five future NBA players in the Elite Eight?

I'd rather have all the weapons possible, and have the easiest road imaginable.

Reactions: Mike-McD
I hope he gets cleared and then returns next year. We could use him on the interior to play alongside Onyenso and Quaintance in the frontcourt rotation.

So you prefer a Final Four road that requires a buzzer beater in the first round, a come from 10 points behind second round game, a game against the overall #1 seed in the Sweet Sixteen that requires a miracle contested 17 foot jump shot, and a game that requires a corner three in the last minute against a team featuring four or five future NBA players in the Elite Eight?

I'd rather have all the weapons possible, and have the easiest road imaginable.
Lol it was just a joke. Relax.

Send this guy and his team to the NCAA building and give them three seconds to clear Z.

ac0677287dbcfdbdff075d968cd04e4c.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT