ADVERTISEMENT

Any updates on Small (PG) and Johnell Davis?

Mar 5, 2006
SIAP. I’m old(er) and don’t do twitter, discord, etc.

I haven’t heard anything besides people saying Davis was an Arkansas lean. That feels like several days ago though. I’d love to have one or both!

Reactions: bookerfan66
It's weird that if Davis is such an Arkansas lock that he hasn't made it known officially.
He’s on campus visiting this weekend, I’d expect him to possibly commit early next week. Obviously that’s just an educated guess, but that’s what “they” say.

SIAP. I’m old(er) and don’t do twitter, discord, etc.

I haven’t heard anything besides people saying Davis was an Arkansas lean. That feels like several days ago though. I’d love to have one or both!
Would assume that L Butler is our starting PG next season. Those guys aren’t coming here to back him up.

Reactions: TM2013
Davis is way better than butler so agreed.
Davis and Butler actually competed head to head in the 2023 Final Four. In 30 minutes, Davis was 2-9 from the field, 0-3 from three, 4-4 from the line, with 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 TO. Butler, in 29 minutes, was 3-6 from the field, 1-1 from three, 2-2 from the line, with 2 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 TO. Of course, in the stat that counts the most, it was SDSU 72 and FA 71 and Butler's basket at the buzzer was the game winner.

Pretty much a standoff between Davis and Butler, except Butler shot it better and was the one in jubilant celebration at the end.

Davis and Butler actually competed head to head in the 2023 Final Four. In 30 minutes, Davis was 2-9 from the field, 0-3 from three, 4-4 from the line, with 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 TO. Butler, in 29 minutes, was 3-6 from the field, 1-1 from three, 2-2 from the line, with 2 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 TO. Of course, in the stat that counts the most, it was SDSU 72 and FA 71 and Butler's basket at the buzzer was the game winner.

Pretty much a standoff between Davis and Butler, except Butler shot it better and was the one in jubilant celebration at the end.
Davis is a great catch but in tournament play has been underwhelming. Perfect for Cal.

Reactions: TM2013
Davis is a great catch but in tournament play has been underwhelming. Perfect for Cal.
Hard to imagine that Pope’s pitch to Butler was basically: “Hey Lamont, come to Kentucky. We’re going to keep recruiting other PGs and we want you to compete with them for the starting job!” More specifically, hard to believe Butler would go for that.

Hard to imagine that Pope’s pitch to Butler was basically: “Hey Lamont, come to Kentucky. We’re going to keep recruiting other PGs and we want you to compete with them for the starting job!” More specifically, hard to believe Butler would go for that.
Davis is a shooting guard.

Reactions: WildcatNC
Davis is a 2G, but either way you gotta have at least 2 guys on the roster that can be the PG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT