ADVERTISEMENT

AI Music & Art

It'saDoneDeal

Junior
Jul 24, 2007
It seems like over the next decade or two that AI is poised to fundamentally change society as it progresses further.

Whether that's good or bad is TBD (i.e., will these changes actually benefit workers in a significant way, or just the companies?), but it's a Pandora's box that isn't being closed. It's coming whether we like or not.

I'm interested in how this bleeds over into art and music. I came across this project the other day where a band wrote a bunch of Oasis-styled songs and then had an AI version of Liam Gallagher sing, and wow it sounds eerily on point:

And that got me thinking that at some point soon, you'll be able to recreate any band or singer you want. You could have Paul McCartney singing a song you wrote in your basement. You can have an AI Led Zeppelin that just continues to create 70s Led Zeppelin songs. Or an AI Pink Floyd that just writes psychedelic concept albums on and on in the version of DSOTM and The Wall. And hell, what if it sounds f'n good? Or even better than the original stuff? Or so good that you can't really tell the difference if you're being honest with yourself? What happens when AI art starts dominating? How will artists' rights be protected? I have to think some artists will sort of blend their own creativity and use the AI as another tool for creating music and art.

It's kind of unsettling, but in a way pretty exciting too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT