ADVERTISEMENT

Any else have issues with Amazon Delivery?

NociHTTP

Senior
Mar 8, 2023
I'm absolutely fed up with them. Wait days to get a package, and then it's estimates that start out in the afternoon, only to be extended again and again and again until you eventually get the dreaded "sorry for the delay, bla bla bla" message. Right now it just changed to "Still arriving today by 10pm" message on their site. This is ridiculous. Are they understaffed or incorrectly scanning / loading the packages? I waste so much time sitting around waiting for packages out of fear that a neighbor (we have bad ones in our apartment complex) will steal my package. Whenever you submit a product review, it seems they manually / AI filter the review for words relating to shipping, delivery, etc. Yet in the reviews posted by others I'll see where they're mentioning Amazon's shoddy delivery.

What are your thoughts on this?

I'm a binge user of Amazon and I would say 95% of the time the packages arrive on time or early. I have experienced a couple of orders like you describe albeit rare. All things considered Amazon does a pretty amazing job with their deliveries IMO. I use it to buy almost everything and I calculated that last year I saved about 1200 miles of driving on my car and an enormous amount of time.

Depends on where you live. My old lady orders a buttload of crap from Amazon. Most delivered on time or even early. Out of 10 orders, at least one includes the message you describe. Heh, occasionally order arrives next day.

Me? Screw Bezos. Many times I purchase same product cheaper from Wally World.

Reactions: BigTyrone
I generally don't have a problem with Amazon. I do have a complaint about WalMart delivery. After Christmas I ordered a 75 inch TV online. It was really cheap, like $460. I don't have a vehicle big enough to haul it, so I ordered it for delivery. My house sits on about 5 acres and my driveway is about 100 yards long. They left it at my mailbox over 100 yards from my garage or front door without letting me know it had arrived. If my neighbor hadn't called me, I wouldn't have known it was delivered. Then, I had to have a neighbor with a pickup help me get it to my house. The confirmation email said it had to be signed for.

I had the same issues with a product last week. They gave me the option to cancel after a few days of telling me the order was late in transit. It's the worst when an item you buy from winds up being fulfilled by a 3rd party seller than from the Amazon Warehouse.

I generally don't have a problem with Amazon. I do have a complaint about WalMart delivery. After Christmas I ordered a 75 inch TV online. It was really cheap, like $460. I don't have a vehicle big enough to haul it, so I ordered it for delivery. My house sits on about 5 acres and my driveway is about 100 yards long. They left it at my mailbox over 100 yards from my garage or front door without letting me know it had arrived. If my neighbor hadn't called me, I wouldn't have known it was delivered. Then, I had to have a neighbor with a pickup help me get it to my house. The confirmation email said it had to be signed for.
Sounds like some shit that would happen in Costa Rica

Reactions: NociHTTP
I ordered a dog crate and they sent me an industrial sewing machine and took forever to issue a refund. I had to wait 10 days for them to pick up the sewing machine I didn’t order and I bought a different dog crate elsewhere in the meantime.

Other than that, no issues with Amazon delivery.

I don’t order from them much anymore, and have had only one issue the past few years. It was something shipped by a 3rd party.

I live in Louisville, so it’s probably less likely that my packages are delayed.

Who is that in your profile pic?

I don’t order from them much anymore, and have had only one issue the past few years. It was something shipped by a 3rd party.

I live in Louisville, so it’s probably less likely that my packages are delayed.

Who is that in your profile pic?
Please stop asking who is in my profile pic. It's not relevant to the conversation.

So I just received message from Amazon that the order is expected by 10pm TOMORROW NIGHT. Package is literally 15 minutes from me. WTF???

I decided to just go ahead and cancel the multiple orders. I've no interest in waiting around all day tomorrow for this shipment. This happens A LOT for my husband and I, not sure why when we live in the Northern Kentucky area where Amazon is a big thing. I'm afraid we're going to see more and more of this type of behavior from Amazon being that there is less and less competition.

Last edited:
Ok. I’ll just start a thread about it.
At this point you're harassing me, and I'm asking you to stop. You've asked me multiple times who the person in my profile is. If I wanted to share that I would have. Have a good night.

Amazon Prime has doubled in price since I first signed up and it has went from free 2 day delivery to taking closer to a week in some instances for Prime Purchases. It is to the point I am considering cancelling.

I had a couple minor issues, but my gym has an Amazon Locker inside so started getting most of my deliveries there. Just walk over, type in a code then grab my package and leave.

Imagine the days when you actually KNEW your drivers who made these deliveries. I think now they rotate about 9 or 10 a week

i ordered a game once. It was marked as delivered and they sent a picture of package sitting on a curb next to a sewer. I called Amazon and they overnighted me another copy. Then like 2 days later the original package showed up :\

• Haha
Reactions: BigTyrone
Amazon has been great for us. Packages actually arrive early most of the time. In the last two years I would say we had to wait on a one package longer than expected. I would guess it depends on if you are in the city, suburbs or country. Either way, I am a shareholder and appreciate your business.

So I just received message from Amazon that the order is expected by 10pm TOMORROW NIGHT. Package is literally 15 minutes from me. WTF???
I had to get something overnighted from my employer. The package originated in downtown Louisville. I live in Clarksville. I can literally see downtown Louisville from my front door. Shipped on Thursday arrived Tuesday because of a ‘shipping error’

I had to get something overnighted from my employer. The package originated in downtown Louisville. I live in Clarksville. I can literally see downtown Louisville from my front door. Shipped on Thursday arrived Tuesday because of a ‘shipping error’
What causes these issues? Are they putting the packages on the wrong trucks? Stealing them? Damaging them? A vendor reached out to me this morning and suggested I wait two more days before they'll push it on FedEx. No, I'm not waiting two more days. I waited almost a week. Amazon is just getting worse and worse, IMO. They need to be hammered with class action suits.

Where do you guys live? In Louisville, I get some packages same day if ordered early, most of the rest on the 2nd day, and very few later than that.

If you live in a rural area, or somewhere distant like a palace in Greece or Bangkok, all bets are off.

3-4 times I get deliveries for a house one block over. I generally just take it over and leave it on their porch. Recently I got a large, heavy package ( desk chair) that I wasnt going to deliver for them. Called Amazon and explained the situation and they said just keep it. Smh. I delivered it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AustinTXCat
Where do you guys live? In Louisville, I get some packages same day if ordered early, most of the rest on the 2nd day, and very few later than that.

If you live in a rural area, or somewhere distant like a palace in Greece or Bangkok, all bets are off.
I live in Louisville/Middletown and i Got SOME packages the next day but most are at least 2 days or more. And the delivery times changes throughout the day. And a few times where it gets lost.

I live in Louisville/Middletown and i Got SOME packages the next day but most are at least 2 days or more. And the delivery times changes throughout the day. And a few times where it gets lost.
I get delivery times changed all the time too, it’s really annoying. I usually get the package the day it’s projected, but instead of 10am-2pm it will sometimes show up at 9 or 10pm.

Last edited:
I have never really had an issue with deliveries. Do you live far from a distribution center? I've had things delivered to 3 different homes and I will say, each one has a slightly different expected wait time. My childhood home that's pretty rural, a package definitely takes an extra day to get, as opposed to my duplex near a city, which is only like 10 miles away.

Last edited:
I have orders from Amazon almost weekly. Where I live, Amazon delivers to USPS, then the postal carrier delivers to my house. Most of the time, it is on time, but when it is not, usually the handoff to the Post Office is after the carriers have left for their routes. You can track most of it by using the Amazon tracking on your order then using the number in the USPS tracking website.

Amazon used to use UPS to deliver to my house, but the past couple years it goes through the post office.

Bitching about Amazon taking an extra day to deliver shit straight to your front door for a fair price might be the bougiest thing I've seen on this message board and Dr. Boat used to post here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT