ADVERTISEMENT

10 Loss Cal just being 10 Loss Cal!

I just don’t think Cal is “fireable”, and not because of any contract stuff. We can only hope he leaves mutually at this point. But, if he loses 10 games with this group, without a knock down drag out fight in the FF at minimum…

Whatever, I’m just so sick of his BS! His starting rotation, lottery ball substitutions, bone head coaching decisions, all of it, I honestly feel like he is trolling all of BBN on purpose.

I hope it’s on purpose, because if all of that just happens naturally, he has no business being the HC for any program!

And where are his assistants at to tell him this!!!

I just don’t think Cal is “fireable”, and not because of any contract stuff. We can only hope he leaves mutually at this point. But, if he loses 10 games with this group, without a knock down drag out fight in the FF at minimum…

Whatever, I’m just so sick of his BS! His starting rotation, lottery ball substitutions, bone head coaching decisions, all of it, I honestly feel like he is trolling all of BBN on purpose.

I hope it’s on purpose, because if all of that just happens naturally, he has no business being the HC for any program!

And where are his assistants at to tell him this!!!

Everyone can be fired. No one is irreplaceable.

Reactions: UkMccurdy
Kentucky Basketball Fans / John Calipari / Mitch Barnhart

=

Dallas Cowboy Fans / McCarthy, Garrett / Jerry Jones

It does not matter how much talent we have, how dominant we look for stretches, etc. This shit is inevitable every season because these guys aren’t winners at the end of the day.

Reactions: UKMKG
The bottom line is that Cal is extremely insecure. He’s smart enough to know that the media and most of the basketball world thinks he’s a fraud. The knock against him has always been that he just rolls the ball out and there’s a lot of truth to that. Anything that requires actual coaching—he gets his ass kicked.

I think this has forced him to double down and do unorthodox things, hoping to prove the point that he can coach. Unfortunately for all of us, it’s backfiring horribly because his reputation was earned, not given.

The bottom line is that Cal is extremely insecure. He’s smart enough to know that the media and most of the basketball world thinks he’s a fraud. The knock against him has always been that he just rolls the ball out and there’s a lot of truth to that. Anything that requires actual coaching—he gets his ass kicked.

I think this has forced him to double down and do unorthodox things, hoping to prove the point that he can coach. Unfortunately for all of us, it’s backfiring horribly because his reputation was earned, not given.
Funny how most of the media had UK as Final Four favorites or favorites to win it all (Doug Gotlieb) and many (including Rob Dauster and others) had him as midseason coach of the year. Before last night, UK was the team everyone loved. The overreaction after losses on this board has always been comical to me. We weren’t as good as most thought before last night and we aren’t as bad as many are saying after the loss at USC. There is always a middle ground. This team has so much upside (more than any UK team has in awhile). I am going to continue to support the team as I think this will be a fun season and post season. They will have a few more bumps on the road possibly, but the overreaction on here is ridiculous as usual.

Cold hard truth right here. His mouth over the years has written checks his butt can’t cash. I get so furious thinking about the UK coach says the things he says
At least I get to go home and see my dogs
They aren’t robots
March is all that matters
We had a good regular season
Have not seen him
I’m throwing this tape away
You basketball Bennie’s think you know
We’ll be fine
Playing here is hard
My teams always…. Blah blah blah 🤢

Funny how most of the media had UK as Final Four favorites or favorites to win it all (Doug Gotlieb) and many (including Rob Dauster and others) had him as midseason coach of the year. Before last night, UK was the team everyone loved. The overreaction after losses on this board has always been comical to me. We weren’t as good as most thought before last night and we aren’t as bad as many are saying after the loss at USC. There is always a middle ground. This team has so much upside (more than any UK team has in awhile). I am going to continue to support the team as I think this will be a fun season and post season. They will have a few more bumps on the road possibly, but the overreaction on here is ridiculous as usual.
Keep bearing Cal's shield, nobleman.

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
Keep bearing Cal's shield, nobleman.
I speak the truth, as do most in the media. as the OP incorrectly stated. I will stand by Cal as most UK fans do. You hang on with the dozen or so that come on here just to yell.

I speak the truth, as do most in the media. as the OP incorrectly stated. I will stand by Cal as most UK fans do. You hang on with the dozen or so that come on here just to yell.
Your middle ground argument is a logical fallacy. That's not the truth. That's your opinion. The truth is that Cal still can't stop the inbounds layups, that's two games in a row now. He still starts Edwards for no good reason. He benches Sheppard for no good reason. Having a bad game didn't stop DJ from playing 30 minutes last night and Edwards 23, so don't try using that lousy excuse for Shep. Cal still doesn't know how to switch defenses. He doesn't know how to properly utilize a lineup - he yanked Dilly right when he got hot. I could go on and on. Cal isn't capable of winning another title or even getting to the FF anymore.

It is your false opinion that there are only a dozen people here who don't like Cal. But every poll thread posted has over 80% respondents saying they don't like Cal or want him gone. EVERYONE I talk to outside this forum wants Cal gone. You are the minority and you are the ones being paid to show up and shill for a washed up, has been coach.

Yeah, it’s only about a dozen people who are tired of Cal. People support UK, but the support for Cal has continued to decrease and you’re crazy if you think it’s a small pool.

Reactions: FltDoc

Not sure about the media but the talking heads still think he’s a HOF coach which makes me question the whole damn industry. I think you could randomly draw a name from all the D1 coaches in basketball today and anyone could do a better job of actually coaching this team than cal does. Forget putting the roster together because I do give cal credit there, but when it comes to actual coaching I honestly believe he is one of the worst in D1 today. To put it frankly HE SUCKS!!!!!

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT