ADVERTISEMENT

Zion

He didn't add them after the fact. If you care enough to be worried, care enough to keep up.

If you’re gonna reply then provide proof. Unc was a late add to his list and he didn’t take a visit there until late October. Maybe you should keep up!

I was a sports beat reporter in rural Kentucky and I can promise you I wasn't talking to John Calipari about the most prized recruit in the country. I was interviewing volleyball coaches before a JV game on a Thursday afternoon.

yea and that's pretty much his job on its good days

but that doesn't stop him from talking to other reporters who have better access than him.

I'm not really concerned whether anyone believes me or believes him. Its just a conversation he and I had and I was sharing their perception.

On November 20th I mentioned on here that I was hoping UNC doesn't get Zion and no one got their panties in a bunch then.

If you’re gonna reply then provide proof. Unc was a late add to his list and he didn’t take a visit there until late October. Maybe you should keep up!

He didn't visit Kentucky until two weeks before then, were we just recently added to his list too?

Roy visited him back in September. And back in April. And he unofficially visited Carolina back in March. And they visited him twice close together in February. And they visited him in January. And December. And he was on an unofficial visit there in October 2016 for their midnight madness.

I could keep going but I've done enough of your leg work for you. Do better.

He didn't visit Kentucky until two weeks before then, were we just recently added to his list too?

Roy visited him back in September. And back in April. And he unofficially visited Carolina back in March. And they visited him twice close together in February. And they visited him in January. And December. And he was on an unofficial visit there in October 2016 for their midnight madness.

I could keep going but I've done enough of your leg work for you. Do better.

You’re a miserable person who has to resort to half truths to substantiate your claims. Everyone here knows unc Was a late add to his list. Everyone here knows he wasn’t considering unc until they were cleared.

You’re a miserable person who has to resort to half truths to substantiate your claims. Everyone here knows unc Was a late add to his list. Everyone here knows he wasn’t considering unc until they were cleared.

Do they, or are you awful and embarrassed that you didn't realize recruitments happen before kids decide which five official visits they get to take?

Because it really seems like the latter. It seems like you're awful and didn't know how recruiting works and so you asked me to prove my claim and then when I did you lashed out because you're awful.

But we can dissect this all you want. Point me to the half-truths and provide your own proof.

https://247sports.com/Player/Zion-Williamson-85997/TimelineEvents?Page=4

You sound like someone very famous.Not only are you wrong, but you are absolutely, positively, 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt, wrong. 3 unofficials and an official say so.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Looking at the link above it shows Robic watched Zion April 16, 2016. Roy Williams watched him April 17, 2016.

Yep. UNC came in wayyy too late. [laughing]

From JULY of TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN

When he was asked to name the schools that were in touch at this moment, he listed a plethora of high-major programs.

"A lot of schools have been in touch," Williamson said. "Iowa State, Seton Hall, North Carolina, Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia, Baylor, Kentucky, Duke. There's more, but I can't think of them all right now."

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiti...talks-kentucky-duke-and-recruitment/188681534

Friday, August 19, 2016

2018 5-star small forward Zion Williamson highlights from 2016 Adidas Uprising and Adidas Nations. Williamson holds an offer from North Carolina and is also considering Kentucky, Duke, Clemson and Arizona.

http://www.tarheeltimes.com/article78416.aspx

Reactions: Cindog28
UNC thinks they have zion lock up, couple guys are saying it. Hope this is not true we need zion really bad. We need a superstar.
I find the young man in Memphis to be more intriguing needs to reclassify, but if he does you get him for two years because of his age. Wiseman, James Wiseman is his name I beleive, 6' 11" about 215- 220 lbs.

Reactions: mrbud
People just need to get over it...we aint gettin Zion. But who cares...we got Keldon Johnson who is more than just a dunk machine....he can actually score from anywhere on the court.
So much wrong information out there. Our Coach has gone after Zion Williamson as hard as any player he’s recruited to Kentucky. He has been a Wildcat all along, just relax BBN.

Why would any elite player go to UNC? Tar Heel fans will point to their “scandal” as the reason for their absence among the serious players for top 10 talent, but the plain truth is that Roy has lost it in recruiting. The fun thing is that we can all actively watch North Carolina wither away into basketball mediocrity. It’s already began.

Zion Williamson is the best player in the next class. Barrett got a lot of traction from his U19 play but ZW will dominate college basketball his one year in Lexington.

I find the young man in Memphis to be more intriguing needs to reclassify, but if he does you get him for two years because of his age. Wiseman, James Wiseman is his name I beleive, 6' 11" about 215- 220 lbs.
Yes. It’s starting to look like we might get the best player in the 2019 class a year early.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Just because UNC offers and visits him doesn’t mean he’s actually considering them.

Congrats Gonzo, you’ve made yourself look like an arrogant douche once again. About 5-10 years ago you were one of the best posters here but your habit of calling out people and MJ sized ego isn’t a good look

Reactions: Wildcats1st
I can't believe any kid would even want to wear those hideous uniforms. Argyle come on. Of course free cars and no class. Hell who knows. I still think Cal reels him in.

From JULY of TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN

When he was asked to name the schools that were in touch at this moment, he listed a plethora of high-major programs.

"A lot of schools have been in touch," Williamson said. "Iowa State, Seton Hall, North Carolina, Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia, Baylor, Kentucky, Duke. There's more, but I can't think of them all right now."

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiti...talks-kentucky-duke-and-recruitment/188681534

Friday, August 19, 2016

2018 5-star small forward Zion Williamson highlights from 2016 Adidas Uprising and Adidas Nations. Williamson holds an offer from North Carolina and is also considering Kentucky, Duke, Clemson and Arizona.

http://www.tarheeltimes.com/article78416.aspx

You can’t change he argument. I never said unc wasn’t interested. Zion Williamson who was expected to sign in the fall after big blue madness took an official visit to unc that was NOT scheduled prior.

The proof is on the timeline your boy posted and it’s real simple. Zion Williamson’s last official visit was for B.B. madness. After B.B. madness he added official visit to duke and unc. So from the standpoint of serious consideration he added visits to these schools AFTER his official to UK. But I don’t care what you believe or not.

The proof is on the timeline your boy posted and it’s real simple. Zion Williamson’s last official visit was for B.B. madness. After B.B. madness he added official visit to duke and unc. So from the standpoint of serious consideration he added visits to these schools AFTER his official to UK. But I don’t care what you believe or not.

Link ?

Pretty wild that a player would take some of official visits near the beginning of his senior year. I guess he wasn't considering Duke until then either.

The only noteworthy thing about those visits was that he chose not to visit UCLA.

The kid has visited Carolina on his own dime and has been in regular contact with their head coach for two years. If you want to assert that he only recently started to consider them, you're going to have to show some shred of evidence that even remotely suggests that.

Or admit that *you* (and other awful fans) only started to seriously be worried he might choose Carolina after they were cleared by the NCAA.

Pretty wild that a player would take some of official visits near the beginning of his senior year. I guess he wasn't considering Duke until then either.

The only noteworthy thing about those visits was that he chose not to visit UCLA.

The kid has visited Carolina on his own dime and has been in regular contact with their head coach for two years. If you want to assert that he only recently started to consider them, you're going to have to show some shred of evidence that even remotely suggests that.

Or admit that *you* (and other awful fans) only started to seriously be worried he might choose Carolina after they were cleared by the NCAA.

You tell me what you think unc was cleared prior to them being added to his list of serious contenders.

Carolina is a possibility without a doubt and the fact that he added the official to unc and duke at the same he dropped UCLA well we see what happens I guess

Last edited:
Why would any elite player go to UNC? Tar Heel fans will point to their “scandal” as the reason for their absence among the serious players for top 10 talent, but the plain truth is that Roy has lost it in recruiting. The fun thing is that we can all actively watch North Carolina wither away into basketball mediocrity. It’s already began.

2017 National Championship UNC?

FWIW, I lived in Spartanburg for three years. Half of the people who live there are Tar Heel fans in basketball.

Zion will have to play the five at UNC.

Maye, Little, Colby, and one of Kenny/Jalek are locked into the starting lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT