ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson vs Romeo Langford game online now

This. Never seems he has done to much, then you see the box score and he has 40. He makes everything look, well, "effortless". To me it's why some have questioned his athletic ability. Which is fair. I've seen Romeo play many of times. Officiated some of his games. And I'm still amazed at how he makes the game look so easy. His ability to score though overshadows just how good of a passer and rebounder he is. Gets some tough, in traffic rebounds. Great vision. Kids going to be special. Hopefully Archie can make up some ground with him. I know the two visits have gone well. So who knows. I'd love to see him be a Hoosier. But if not, than I do hope he chooses UK.
In his interview a couple of days ago, he sounds like a kid who's not that focused on his recruitment right now and will take a very, very long time to decide.

Insider on the Duke board said Darius Garland and Tre Jones told them that Duke is pitching them on playing in the backcourt together. That's two of the best PGs in the class - would be a small backcourt like Jones and Cook from 2015, but that one was pretty successful.

Where does that leave Langford though? He's not going there to be a three. Duke also hasn't visited Langford this Spring. Beginning to think Romeo's recruitment may come down to a UL, UK, IU battle.

I think people question Langford's athleticism because his dunks in that Zion game or other games aren't too noteworthy. While Monk would've tomahawked them or something special.

Especially given Langford probably has at least a few inches in height on Monk and idk about the wingspan.

Langford is a gifted scorer though. Can do it efficiently at all 3 levels. Reminds me of maybe a combination of Jeremy Lamb and KCP.

Elite is top level ala monk, Fox, Westbrook guys like that. Langford is a good not elite athlete. If monk is elite then Langford is below that. And I'm talking beyond dunks. You doesn't have the same level acceleration nor fast twitch like a Monk, Fox Etc

Disagree. I've seen this kid play since the 7th grade. He's a terrific athlete. Extremely athletic. His game just doesn't always project that; very methodical. He's not on the level of Monk, but he is an elite athlete.

Surprise surprise, UK is interested in the freakish athlete that can't shoot, while UL is interested in the all-around player. Thought Cal had changed his ways by going out and getting Baker this season and going after Smith and Johnson. Yet here he is again, wowed by dunking and athleticism and ignoring a broken jumper.

Look I get it, Zion is a freak. But I can't stand seeing perimeter shooting as a weakness

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Surprise surprise, UK is interested in the freakish athlete that can't shoot, while UL is interested in the all-around player. Thought Cal had changed his ways by going out and getting Baker this season and going after Smith and Johnson. Yet here he is again, wowed by dunking and athleticism and ignoring a broken jumper.

Look I get it, Zion is a freak. But I can't stand seeing perimeter shooting as a weakness

How many ways is this post off the mark?

Reactions: BBN Catz 89
Forgive me. I'm madder than hell that Langford is seriously considering UL. I just don't get it at all.

Let it play out. I'm pretty sure we are working on him.

If he goes to UL it's just a strange confluence of forces beyond our control.

Elite is top level ala monk, Fox, Westbrook guys like that. Langford is a good not elite athlete. If monk is elite then Langford is below that. And I'm talking beyond dunks. You doesn't have the same level acceleration nor fast twitch like a Monk, Fox Etc
I can agree with this.

I think people question Langford's athleticism because his dunks in that Zion game or other games aren't too noteworthy. While Monk would've tomahawked them or something special.

Especially given Langford probably has at least a few inches in height on Monk and idk about the wingspan.

Langford is a gifted scorer though. Can do it efficiently at all 3 levels. Reminds me of maybe a combination of Jeremy Lamb and KCP.

In his interview a couple of days ago, he sounds like a kid who's not that focused on his recruitment right now and will take a very, very long time to decide.
Spot on. In no hurry whatsoever. Up until now, his dad and coach have handled all of the recruiting. He's a solid kid.

I would expect him to be able to do that when he's able to gather himself and get his legs under him.

Are you really trying to compare his athleticism to Monk's???
Not at all. He's not even close to Monk. But who is? It's silly to compare him to Monk. it's even sillier to say he's not an elite athlete b/c he's not on the level of Monk.

As for this dunk? C'mon,now. He dunked over a 6'11" kid. And not just some 6'11 kid. But a kid who's ranked 6th in the country and headed to MSU.

Not at all. He's not even close to Monk. But who is? It's silly to compare him to Monk. it's even sillier to say he's not an elite athlete b/c he's not on the level of Monk.

As for this dunk? C'mon,now. He dunked over a 6'11" kid. And not just some 6'11 kid. But a kid who's ranked 6th in the country and headed to MSU.

So if not as athletic as Monk, yet Langford is still an "elite" athlete, what's he considered? Is there an athletic level above elite?

So if not as athletic as Monk, yet Langford is still an "elite" athlete, what's he considered? Is there an athletic level above elite?
In Monks case, yeah---there is. Lots of guys are elite athlete's. Some a tad higher. Some on the same level. I think Langford is elite via his body control. His ability to get to the rim. And how he can finish at/or above the rim. Is it the same elite level as Monk? No. But it doesn't mean Langford isn't an elite athlete.

Langford is an above average/good athlete IMO. Really the only knock on his game besides strength.

Wouldn't put his athleticism on the elite level.

Matters not to me. I was just saying that freak trumps elite. There is always another level.

Langford is an above average/good athlete IMO. Really the only knock on his game besides strength.

Wouldn't put his athleticism on the elite level.
I think methodical , kinda of "slowmotion" pace Romeo plays gives off the assumption he's not that athletic. Which is wrong. Seen the kid play since he was a 7th grader. Officiated some of his games. Some of plays he makes your like---"Wow----really"? It looks so easy. Kid is a very good athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT