ADVERTISEMENT

"Zero answers"

The officials ignored 2 illegal ball screens by Ike on the first 3 plays. If those are called maybe Gonzaga gets a little weary. I don't think they would but you never know.

Also, Ive been saying for I dont know how long that teams should be running this play every time against UK until UK proves they can stop it. There was little doubt a coach as tremendous as Few was going to see this and run it to death.

Reactions: fospear
Seriously, look 2 seconds in to that clip. Right in front of the official. That's an illegal screen. 20 seconds later at 22 seconds there is another illegal screen.

Seriously, look 2 seconds in to that clip. Right in front of the official. That's an illegal screen. 20 seconds later at 22 seconds there is another illegal screen.
So for those of us with an untrained eye please explain. What I see is what looks like two or three dudes out high and they are moving and essentially picking our players. Like it’s not one player doing it. It’s two or three. It’s too fast for my eye. Looks like those illegal football picks on goal line.

So for those of us with an untrained eye please explain. What I see is what looks like two or three dudes out high and they are moving and essentially picking our players. Like it’s not one player doing it. It’s two or three. It’s too fast for my eye. Looks like those illegal football picks on goal line.
Never mind. I see it now. Slowed it down. Way out high. Totally moving. Horrible officiating. He kept moving. Unbelievable

It’s maddening. They run the same set over and over and Cal never attempts any adjustments.
Just like in bounds plays. Teams score on us over and over. Zero adjustments.

Our guys just hear from Cal stay in front of your man on defense.
Then on offense it’s simply go make a play.

It’s literally effortless. It looks like they’re practicing a play….in practice. I assume they never panicked when we briefly took lead. They knew that steady execution would win out and it was a brief burst of emotion from us. Embarrassing.
As soon as the camera showed Few high-fiving and laughing it up while we had the six point lead, I knew they weren't breaking a sweat.

How much more talent would Calipari have to have to beat a coach like Mark Few ? I mean , he’s lost to some pretty bad and inexperienced coaches over the last few years. He would need an nba roster (and a good one)to beat a high level x&o coach these days.

Cal said afterwards that maybe we should have doubled down low. 😂
They scored like 10 straight on same play inside an Cal never adjusted. Reed put team on his back an just kept UK in it . I bet Cal blames loos on Reeds last possession pass ....... WHEN Reed likely just tired carrying team on back due to Cals refusal to play RD0 in second half but a few minutes.

Bradshaw is way overrated and should not be in the game. The crowd should also start counting out loud when a player is in the lane on offense. Three second violations are only called on us

Watching that just confirms what I saw yesterday that Bradshaw is the WORST Post defender Call has EVER had!!! He's worse than Skal!!!

Adou and Z were just out of position a couple of times and looked bad, but Bradshaw could do NOTHING to even slow down there mediocre Bigs. Our defensive rotations look like a Grade School team!!! It's a big reason why we give up enough offensive rebounds to lose close games!!!

Cal is getting ABUSED by mid-level players while trying to convince UK fans that his kids are future NBA players.

Cal also does NOTHING to prepare our kids to become better at defending!!! We are just as bad or worse now than we were to start the year. He makes NO adjustments and we get beat by the SAME plays EVERY Game!!!

Lastly, our strength and conditioning coaches need FIRED!!!! Several of our kids are out of shape and NEVER get stronger(except for Adou)!!! And we ALWAYS have at least 1 or 2 kids unable to play!!!

Last edited:
Just went back and looked at the play by play. Starting when we went up 57-51 with 12:30 to play, Gonzaga scored on 16 of their next 19 possessions. And we STILL managed to have a shot to win when we got a turnover down 2 with 13 seconds left. We could be so damn good if we had even a mediocre defense, just get a few more stops a game and we can outscore most anybody. But we can't stop anybody.

Gonzaga possessions in last 12:30
Layup +1
2 FTs
2 FTs
blocked layup
dunk
2 misses, 2 OREBs, 2 FTs
dunk
3pt
layup
turnover
2pt
blocked shot, OREB, 2 FTs
2pt
blocked shot
layup +1
2 FTs
Layup
2 misses, 2 OREBs, layup
layup
turnover (13 seconds left, gonzaga up 2)
1 of 2 FTs
2 FTs

The officials ignored 2 illegal ball screens by Ike on the first 3 plays. If those are called maybe Gonzaga gets a little weary. I don't think they would but you never know.

Also, Ive been saying for I dont know how long that teams should be running this play every time against UK until UK proves they can stop it. There was little doubt a coach as tremendous as Few was going to see this and run it to death.
Cal did it with Karl-Anthony in the tournament that year. Just kept feeding the post because the opponent was never able to stop it. I think there were something crazy like 6-7 straight feeds that were the exact same play.

But yes, at some point an actual COACH would adjust. Cow never did.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Cal said afterwards that maybe we should have doubled down low. 😂
Cal is always coaching AFTERWARDS. Whereas real HOF coaches start coaching before the game even happens. Dude needs to retire. He's washed up.

I laughed all game as I heard Jay Wright consistently say "I'm surprised Cal didn't/isn't (insert some easy or strategic coaching decision here)". The whole time I thought "Jay, please come out of retirement...please, please, please....".

That last one , where Bradshaw has his back to the man with the ball.... it looks like comedy . But the whole clip shows how badly Aaron got pushed around , this should be a reminder to all. Just because you are 7 foot tall doesnt make you a good basketball player . Aaron could learn to be one , but its gonna take a while

😅
I was just watching tom crean on a halftime show showing highlights from the uk-zags game. he commented on how few kept running the same play over and over. He said cal probaly doesn’t practice for it.
Of all people, TOM freakin' CREAM knows more than our coach.

I'm not saying I'd ever want CREAM at UK, but....hell, I'd take a ham sammich right now over this sh*t....come on over CREAM, at least you'd be fired up and electric (albeit a freaking weirdo, but maybe UK could cure him).

(please don't take me seriously, I'm just saying I'm ready for a change, this year, and am making a point that a coach as weird and average as Crean still appears to know more than this supposed "Hall of Famer" we're stuck with).

They are not illegal if the refs don't call them illegal.

Just more excuses for poor coaching by Cal.
Referee flow of the game...yet one more thing Cal is too effing stupid to adjust to...instead he screams and complains until he endears himself and team into no-calls down the stretch...you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Slouch Cal is an in-game idiot savant whining bitch.

They are not illegal if the refs don't call them illegal.

Just more excuses for poor coaching by Cal.

It's not an excuse. It's observation. The defense is still out position. Often with UK bigs way too high. It's a deeper UK issue than John Doe shitty ref missing a call.

They are still illegal screens by definition regardless if the referee calls them.

It's not an excuse. It's observation. The defense is still out position. Often with UK bigs way too high. It's a deeper UK issue than John Doe shitty ref missing a call.

They are still illegal screens by definition regardless if the referee calls them.
Totally agree. That was the point I was trying to make. Defense totally out of position to even attempt to guard that screen and roll.

And, unfortunately, we made zero adjustments over the past 7 years.

Definitely can't depend on SEC refs to bail us out on the moving screens. And, they ARE ILLEGAL screens.

Reactions: AzubuikeandFitch

I'm not saying I'd ever want CREAM at UK, but....hell, I'd take a ham sammich right now over this sh*t....come on over CREAM, at least you'd be fired up and electric (albeit a freaking weirdo, but maybe UK could cure him).

(please don't take me seriously, I'm just saying I'm ready for a change, this year, and am making a point that a coach as weird and average as Crean still appears to know more than this supposed "Hall of Famer" we're stuck with).
I have to say, I like this new Dude. He's refreshing.

Maybe Crean would keep AB on the bench with him and they could give each other an occasional smooch.

On the bench.

That would be an instant improvement for this team.

Does not matter who we have or don't have as players.....when you can't figure out a way to win games with what you got, you start losing games. Something is amiss in the program. And Coach Few has a smart understanding of college ball. He has to, otherwise he would not be coaching that team so well against us.

Coaching does matter, and the worst thing you could ever do is give a coach more money and more time, than sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT