ADVERTISEMENT

Zags joining the weakened Pac 12

Feel like they’re going from one mid major to another tbh. Once Mark Few leaves I see Gonzaga as a program that will quickly fade away.
Maybe, maybe not. If they bring up another assistant like Lloyd and give him keys to the program and they'll probably be fine. It'll all hinge on the next coach though.

Feel like they’re going from one mid major to another tbh. Once Mark Few leaves I see Gonzaga as a program that will quickly fade away.
Good. I hope their program dies. They've been the fair-haired child of the media for 15 years now, and they only have two Final Fours to show for all the favoritism they've received.

Gonzaga was one of the better mid-majors before Few and I'd say it's more likely they dominate this new and not near power five
conference than fade away.

Ya I mean I thought the same thing would happen with Villanova post Wright and UCONN post Calhoun so don’t listen to my dumbass
Nova definitely isn't the same as they were with Wright but they're still ok. UConn has been the luckiest team in basketball by far with the way every break has gone their way (a last second shot in their own conference tourney they if they lost they would've had a chance of not dancing to a title).

Zaga is a tiny Jesuit school that doesn't have much clout outside of their basketball team. Heck, Few is the face of that university. Now if Lloyd came there or something they might stand a chance of staying stable, especially with NIL.

But there's a decent chance they'll fade away. However, like with Duke, if Few kinda stays around, his influence might help keep the program going for a bit. Duke will be an interesting case study once K is not around as much. Imagine if Cal had just retired and Pope took over. Cal would maintain the ambassador role/be a recruiting advisor.GM, and Pope would take care of the on court stuff. That's kinda what Duke has right now. You know K is helping Schyer with some of the off court stuff and recruiting.

That aside, It will be interesting to see what happens to Zaga once Few hangs it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT