ADVERTISEMENT

Zags haters, hide your eyes

Dec 30, 2020
I think preseason rankings this early are absurd, especially not knowing who's in and who's out and the transfer portal, but the Zags are the early favorites by Espn ,Jeff Goodman and now 247. A Kessler, Timme, Chet frontcourt will be absurd, but the backcourt losing Suggs and Ayayi will take a step back, imho, not to mention no more Kispert. Nembhard at the point will be very good, but I just don't think Sallis is anywhere close to Suggs level.

Last edited:
And they'll meet whichever top5 team makes it to the final where Gonzaga will lose, because as it turns out.. the WCC isn't good!

Not to mention this tournament really couldn't have broken your way any better. To get to the title game without having to play a 2, 3, 4 seed is incredibly lucky.

And they'll meet whichever top5 team makes it to the final where Gonzaga will lose, because as it turns out.. the WCC isn't good!

Not to mention this tournament really couldn't have broken your way any better. To get to the title game without having to play a 2, 3, 4 seed is incredibly lucky.
So...just to be clear, the WCC allows them to make the 'ship, but not win it, have I got it right?

Reactions: Rafterman
Gonzaga does play in a weak conference. They have done a good job scheduling non conference games the last couple years to make it a little tougher so I can’t fault what they are trying to do. But when you play mostly shitty teams for two months it doesn’t prepare you for the 6 game run of the tourney. That being said, their recruiting is getting better and with the transfer rule in effect they will continue to get good players. Will they eventually win it? Maybe. Maybe not. But they will be too 10 if not too 5 for the next 5 years for sure.

So...just to be clear, the WCC allows them to make the 'ship, but not win it, have I got it right?

I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that the WCC does nothing to help Gonzaga prepare other than give them 14 to 16 free wins, which in turn hands them a 1 seed.

Who is to blame for Gonzaga not getting it done, if not for the conference dragging them back? Is Few just a choke artist?

I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that the WCC does nothing to help Gonzaga prepare other than give them 14 to 16 free wins, which in turn hands them a 1 seed.

Who is to blame for Gonzaga not getting it done, if not for the conference dragging them back? Is Few just a choke artist?
Why blame anyone, Baylor was clearly the better team. You're being extremely disrespectful to Baylor right now, they would've blown out every team in the country tonight. You hate the Zags so much, you can't even give Baylor their props. You're drinking an extra large haterade with a salt rim tonight.

Why blame anyone, Baylor was clearly the better team. You're being extremely disrespectful to Baylor right now, they would've blown out every team in the country tonight. You hate the Zags so much, you can't even give Baylor their props. You're drinking an extra large haterade with a salt rim tonight.

Enjoy that undefeated season baby! Congrats on preseason #1. Wooooooo!

I feel bad for them. Still kinda schadenfreude they didn’t go undefeated when we couldn’t.

I think preseason rankings this early are absurd, especially not knowing who's in and who's out and the transfer portal, but the Zags are the early favorites by Espn ,Jeff Goodman and now 247. A Kessler, Timme, Chet frontcourt will be absurd, but the backcourt losing Suggs and Ayayi will take a step back, imho, not to mention no more Kispert. Nembhard at the point will be very good, but I just don't think Sallis is anywhere close to Suggs level.

What happened to them tonight?! I told you so!!!! How would you like your crow?! 🤣

What happened to them tonight?! I told you so!!!! 🤣
They got blown out. The better team won. I didn't see your post congratulating Baylor, I'm sure I missed it, can you post the link? Thanks P.S. Who wouldn't Baylor have blown out tonight?

They got blown out. The better team won. I didn't see your post congratulating Baylor, I'm sure I missed it, can you post the link? Thanks P.S. Who wouldn't Baylor have blown out tonight?
Do what?! I told all you Gonzaga slurpers that they weren’t some all time GOAT. They’re a fraud. Also said that Baylor was gonna beat their asses. ALL my posts are here.

Do what?! I told all you Gonzaga slurpers that they weren’t some all time GOAT. They’re a fraud. Also said that Baylor was gonna beat their asses. ALL my posts are here.
Congratulated Baylor. I was looking for your post congratulating them, but couldn't find it. I was asking for the link.

I think after Baylor's Covid pause they kinda regrouped and became a team on a mission. They improved almost weekly after that. BU and Zags were the best two teams all season. They had seperated themselves from the pack but, Baylor seemed to have a higher ceiling. Great athletes who could also shoot and pass the ball. Role players that didn't try to do too much. Lots of experience as well. Zags just couldn't handle all of Baylor's scoring threats.

Yeah, it definitely helps them with seeding. It may not prepare them to face a team the caliber of Baylor, but it gets them there without having to beat a great team until the end. It's a gravy train for Few. They've basically got them as a 1-seed already. There you go. Will anyone in the WCC challenge them? Not close.

So, what is the conclusion? You play a tough nonconference schedule for which you're better prepared than anyone else, win most of those games on neutral courts and because you return 75% of your team while others are figuring it out in November and December, then you put 16 more wins in your pocket from January to tourney time. And what do you get? A top 2 seed which guarantees you have an easy path to at least the Elite 8. Rinse. Repeat in 2023.

I said it last year and before that and then again this year. You play in the patty cake conference and when you get hit in the mouth you fold. Few is so great but 22 yrs and zero titles. He has had the talent, the experience, the top recruits, and still not. Anyone on Cal should be laughing their ass off at Few. They haven't been a small fish for at least half a decade yet notta. I think they had the best team offensively, but defensively suck! Everyone ready to crown him must feel a little dumb, 22 yrs building a program that is beating us out on recruits amoung others and still no chip. II mean no chip, hell they got ass ran tonight Were we ever in a title game and got ran by 20? They had the easiest road, but that shit conference will always inflate what they actually are. Beating an 11 seed in OT on a last-second banker to make it only to get blown out. SUre and some thought this team could beat the 2012 and 2015 UK teams. They barely beat an 11 seed in OT only to get ass raped.

ShoddyDelectableBufflehead-size_restricted.gif

I said it last year and before that and then again this year. You play in the patty cake conference and when you get hit in the mouth you fold. Few is so great but 22 yrs and zero titles. He has had the talent, the experience, the top recruits, and still not. Anyone on Cal should be laughing their ass off at Few. They haven't been a small fish for at least half a decade yet notta. I think they had the best team offensively, but defensively suck! Everyone ready to crown him must feel a little dumb, 22 yrs building a program that is beating us out on recruits amoung others and still no chip. II mean no chip, hell they got ass ran tonight Were we ever in a title game and got ran by 20? They had the easiest road, but that shit conference will always inflate what they actually are. Beating an 11 seed in OT on a last-second banker to make it only to get blown out. SUre and some thought this team could beat the 2012 and 2015 UK teams. They barely beat an 11 seed in OT only to get ass raped.

ShoddyDelectableBufflehead-size_restricted.gif
Yeah I’m not very high on Few. They did a good job this year but Baylor was better and better prepared for that game, clearly.

But it did take Anthony Davis for Cal to win his. Not to mention the number 1 and 2 pick in the draft. Definitely both underachievers considering the talent that both have had. I think Zags biggest issue is their weak conference. Having so little losses only gets you a good seed. But as we’ve seen, it won’t net you a title.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Congratulated Baylor. I was looking for your post congratulating them, but couldn't find it. I was asking for the link.
This is a UK message board, not ESPN, there is no requirement for congratulating anyone, especially Baylor, who has a total of 4 fans.
I guess, in your mind, we're supposed to tweet Chip and Joanna Gaines and give them a pat in the back huh?
Nope.

Why come to this board after your team gets curb stomped? I don’t get it. If you do, expect the comments your seeing and just suck it up. Otherwise, WHY? You must be seeking some sort of validation......all I can figure. What you want? A Pat on the back and a big hug?

This is a UK message board, not ESPN, there is no requirement for congratulating anyone, especially Baylor, who has a total of 4 fans.
I guess, in your mind, we're supposed to tweet Chip and Joanna Gaines and give them a pat in the back huh?
Nope.
I didn’t respond to him. Reason being, I don’t understand why I should be required to make a post congratulating Baylor. What kinda logic is that?! Nothing but deflection IMO. Ate plum up with the dumbass!

And.....they will lose again. Except this time before the championship game. It’s the same old story for their fans. They come here for validation. I get it.
I don’t think they’ll ever win one. Unless they can skate without playing a physical and athletic team all the way through. I’m trying to tell people, their conference hurts them. Been saying it all year this year and for many, many years.

Why come to this board after your team gets curb stomped? I don’t get it. If you do, expect the comments your seeing and just suck it up. Otherwise, WHY? You must be seeking some sort of validation......all I can figure. What you want? A Pat on the back and a big hug?
Huh? I've been posting here for months. I was just wondering why the focus on the Zags and not giving Baylor the credit they deserve? They were amazing last night and would've blown anyone out. I predicted a Baylor win, but not like this. Props to them.

Nope.
I was quoting a specific poster. He kept talking about ''blame" and being the glass half full kinda guy that I am, I asked him why blame anyone? Why not give Baylor the credit they deserve for playing incredible? Who wouldn't they have blown out yesterday?

2012 UK and 2015 UK
Obviously not, because if those teams were so good, they would've been facing Baylor in the championship game last night and not the Zags.

Oh....that's right, I was actually referring to this years tournament and not some alternate reality where teams from yesteryear can play in hypothetical matchups that can't actually occur in real life.

It allows them to waltz to a 1 seed thus all but guaranteeing a Sweet 16 before you play a top 1/3rd team.
The better team won last night, had nothing to do with the WCC. Who wouldn't Baylor have blown out last night?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT