ADVERTISEMENT

Your Thoughts on Reeves’ Possible Return

I'd have recruited over him the second he entered the NBA Draft process. They didn't. Now you put the program up against it and have to negotiate with a guy who should be kissing your ass he got to play at Kentucky.
Agree with what you say. However, I can’t blame a kid for sticking his toe in the big pool.
That being said, I agree wholeheartedly with a point you made in another thread. That is, don’t drag this out longer than what is an obvious outcome. That’s being selfish.

Reed is white, he ain’t no good. Cal has rubbed off on a lot of our “fans”. Reed is a poor man’s BJ Boston, the goat.

Reed is good. Herro was good and on and on. No need to bring dumb redneck race baiting into this.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. No one knows what will happen during the season, he could get hot for the tourney, there could be injuries, huge improvement over the summer. Glad to have him come back and I thought he liked it at UK.

Agree with what you say. However, I can’t blame a kid for sticking his toe in the big pool.
That being said, I agree wholeheartedly with a point you made in another thread. That is, don’t drag this out longer than what is an obvious outcome. That’s being selfish.
Wanting to go through a process is fine-if you have the attention of those at that level. This guy couldn't make the NBA Combine where most guys will never sniff the NBA. Could've brought him into your office, put people on speaker phone and let him hear for himself what people think if you want to bluntly honest with him.

Waiting for this group is laughably absurd. It's where they are at though. Just makes me glad I don't contribute to anyone's NIL and never will. If Kentucky isn't a better situation for him than what's out there, the Antonio Reeves "market" must be something I've yet to see. Go enjoy and make that $

He can't guard. He can't handle. He can't pass. He can shoot when he's open. He doesn't work to get open.

If he wants to come back as a cigar player then fine. If we need him to play major minutes then we won't be very good.

• Haha
Reactions: track42
Two observations...

1. Can the guy running the offensive sets for the Midwest team draw up plays for UK?
2. Mr. Change sure got around a lot.
Brooks Cupps is an awesome coach who has runs a great system in AAU. A bunch of random put together kids and he has them running better offense than most college teams… in AAU. He’s a great HS coach too.

I never saw Reeves as "streaky." Even a 40% 3pt. shooter misses 6 of 10. I thought he was pretty reliable. Every player - including the best shooters - are going to have games where they don't hit anything. Reeves didn't have many of those, but he had one in the last game of the season. Folks tend to remember what happens in the last game of the season more prominently.
This is a good point. It seems that there were a couple of other games he sort of disappeared 🤔 (but maybe we won those so they don’t come to mind as easy?). I just seem to remember he got benched more than once because he wasn’t hitting anything. The last game he couldn’t find the net until a couple of minutes left in the game. . . too little too late. But yeah, he had some good games too, just never really achieved what I felt he was brought here for, which was his scoring prowess at his previous school. Definitely a volume scorer.

I’ve read where several posters want him back, and just the opposite. I guess it’s his streakiness that keeps me indifferent. Played some GREAT games. Went cold in the wrong ones. I don’t think Cal can be blamed because he had plenty of run.

Would UK be better with him or no worse without him, in your opinion?
I can't imagine not wanting him back. We desperately need him.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Me whenever I read a post about not wanting a 40% 3 pt shooter back on a team that won’t have any 3 pt shooters…
krule-john-c-reilly.gif

Not that it matters what I want, but I am good with any of our players coming back.

Any one who wants to come back, should be welcomed back with open arms.

If we can manage to get Reeves and Tshiebwe, I will be tickled.

G Wagner/Dillingham
G Reeves/Sheppard
G Edwards/Thiero
F Bradshaw/Transfer
F Tshiebwe/Onyenso

We will need at least one more player. Preferably a stretch 4. But I would be very happy with Reeves and Tshiebwe back to go with these Freshmen.

Best case scenario is also getting Livingston, but I doubt that happens.

As the late great Meatloaf said, “2 out of 3 Ain’t Bad.”

Reactions: track42
I’ve read where several posters want him back, and just the opposite. I guess it’s his streakiness that keeps me indifferent. Played some GREAT games. Went cold in the wrong ones. I don’t think Cal can be blamed because he had plenty of run.

Reeves is 3rd in the cal era for a made 3/minute played. He made a 3 in just over 11:45 minutes of action. Monk was 2nd on the list with a made 3 just under every 11:45 and Murray was first with a made 3 about every 11:10. Also 5th in the cal era for total 3’s made in a season. Murray (113), monk (104), Grady (88), young (82), reeves (80).

Only trolls wouldn't want Reeves back.

We have quite a few of them here. Some have already posted in this thread.

They're trash posters. Their opinions aren't worth a nickel.
I think there are fans who are upset about how Cal has run things, how certain players have taken WAY more than they've given. When the team is in a critical spot I terms of having no depth or roster built up, you've got players at the combines without a care in the world for UK? Don't you think it goes both ways?

I think there are fans who are upset about how Cal has run things, how certain players have taken WAY more than they've given. When the team is in a critical spot I terms of having no depth or roster built up, you've got players at the combines without a care in the world for UK? Don't you think it goes both ways?
Not for Calipari.

For him, it's players first and Cal first.

The fans aren't even a consideration. We eat last.

Not for Calipari.

For him, it's players first and Cal first.

The fans aren't even a consideration. We eat last.
I was responding to your comment about trolls here, and saying that there are some, but that there are also some pretty upset people at the program. I agree with you about Cal's "eat first" mantra.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I just hope he finally announces a return or whatever he’s gonna do soon so we can try to get some grad transfers.
I agree,he isn't gonna hear anything different about his draft prospects so shit or get off the pot and announce either way

Reactions: Fox2monk
He was until Self talked to Dickinsen and convinced him to come too Kansas and add to the all time wins record they have.
Sure he was, he made 2 videos the next 2 days confirming his commitment to Kentucky but sure. He was just like Dillingham was ever gonna wear a UK uniform.

Only trolls wouldn't want Reeves back.

We have quite a few of them here. Some have already posted in this thread.

They're trash posters. Their opinions aren't worth a nickel.

Reeves is not coming back; he cost UK the K St game (1 for 15 FGs and 1 for 10 from 3….worst clutch performance in a big game in UK history)and thats too much for his fragile psyche to bear here for another season.
He will go and play for the Illini were he can fade into obscurity while air balling threes and getting beat on back doors and no one will care.

1 for 15 and 1 for 10 from 3 and the one shot he made was after the game was decided. Choker
You cant pull that crap at UK and get away with it. He will be able to at Illinois.

Last edited:

Is this a serious question? 40% from 3 isn’t all that streaky . No one else on the team was better than 35%. Sure he shot terribly in the tournament loss. Every single player to ever play basketball has bad shooting games. He was our best offensive player. Him and Oscar

Reactions: G-PIP
Reeves is not coming back; he cost UK the K St game (1 for 15 FGs and 1 for 10 from 3….worst clutch performance in a big game in UK history)and thats too much for his fragile psyche to bear here for another season.
He will go and play for the Illini were he can fade into obscurity while air balling threes and getting beat on back doors and no one will care.

1 for 15 and 1 for 10 from 3 and the one shot he made was after the game was decided.
Lol obviously you’re joking

Right, he’s a legit McDonalds All American and he and Gabe Cupps put it on a lot of really good players the last couple of years.
He’s a freshman. I wouldn’t expect much out of him. If he ends up being good as a freshman, great. But I wouldn’t expect it

He’s a freshman. I wouldn’t expect much out of him. If he ends up being good as a freshman, great. But I wouldn’t expect it
He’s expect to be a role player who comes off the bench. He’ll be solid role player because he’s a good all around player. No one is expecting him to be a star.

He’s coming back and he will be needed. The class Kentucky has coming in will need leadership, Reeves and others will bring that to the team.
Will his defense be any better? Still going to play man and if he can’t guard he will be on the bench as the next Allen. I’m sure his leadership will be stellar on the pine.

Reeves is 3rd in the cal era for a made 3/minute played. He made a 3 in just over 11:45 minutes of action. Monk was 2nd on the list with a made 3 just under every 11:45 and Murray was first with a made 3 about every 11:10. Also 5th in the cal era for total 3’s made in a season. Murray (113), monk (104), Grady (88), young (82), reeves (80).
actual information. That's refreshing

I hope and pray Reeves comes back. There were entire games last year where he carried us. I don't know what to say to anyone who watched last season and doesn't want Reeves back.

I'm solidly on Team Reeves

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT