ADVERTISEMENT

Your sports nemesis question

Caveman Catfan

All-American
Sep 1, 2002
If you are a UK fan, it’s probably UL. If you cheer for UL, it would be UK. Every team has an arch rival. For the fans, that team often becomes a nemesis.

Question: as a message board person, do you have a fake account for trolling your nemesis?

If you are a UK fan, it’s probably UL. If you cheer for UL, it would be UK. Every team has an arch rival. For the fans, that team often becomes a nemesis.

Question: as a message board person, do you have a fake account for trolling your nemesis?
No

Not sure I have a nemesis anymore. I did back in 2018 when I complained about Cal and 90 percent of Rafters wanted me banned. By 2023, I was in the 90 percent. The funny thing is all the people that claim to have been early to the party. I remember who was early to the party.

I resolved several years ago to avoid arguments with posters who I do not personally know. I have largely kept to it, and am happier for it. But I do avoid the ongoing political thread, climate change thread and other similar topics

No need to troll a fan base whose team is 3-13 vs our current basketball coach and 0-5 in recent football matchups. Let their fan base attack their own.

Last edited:
No. I try taking the high road but admit I slide into the ditch occasionally. Every team has some percentage of fans that are terrible, even us.

I’ll add that I can have a civil conversation with most any rival fans, but IU and UNC fans make it the most difficult, by a big margin.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Fake accounts to troll? What are we 16?

I have a real good buddy who claims to be a fan of both UK and UL. I tell him there is no such thing, and that he is only a fan of UK when they win or when UL sucks. I know if it was a national championship game, he would be hoping UL would win. Can't call yourself a UK fan if that is the case.

It has led to many an argument, but that is a hill I will die on.

I hope none of our members stoop to doing chickenshat stuff like that. I know we get a few UofL trolls on here from time to time and they can be a pain. OTOH I welcome visitors from other programs even UofL if they want to have a civil conversation.

You mean like when Duke and Kansas fans make fake account to come here and obsess over what Kentucky fans say?

No.

I never go to boards of other teams.

And NO, as a UK fan my "nemesis" is not U6 aka Lil' Brother. Except for my 4 years at WKU (a lot of WKU students come from Jefferson Co) I can count on 1 hand how many UL fans I've met my other 50 years. Since I've lived in NC only 1/2 hour from UNCheat and Duke half my life now, those would be mine. Before I moved here, IDK maybe it was UT or IU.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT