ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite fries

The key to a great fries is double-fry process and surface area. Fry potato once, let dry out and cool off, then fry again.

you’re looking for a snappy crisp outer shell with light & creamy mashed potato center. Immediately after emerging from oil, a liberal salting.

when serving with fish, a dash or two of malt vinegar is primo.

Any fry served with a semblance of potato skin is unacceptable, except to folks who like to eat brown paper bags.
+1. Meant to say last night, but fell under the influence. Double-frying is the bomb.

Had discussions about opening a Pommes stand here in Austin with my ex old lady around 10 years ago during a trip to Germany. She was pretty well-versed in double-frying process back in the day. Planned on bringing her over in a consulting role for a month to help get the business off the ground. Unfortunately, she couldn't swing it because her mom's age.

+1. Meant to say last night, but fell under the influence. Double-frying is the bomb.

Had discussions about opening a Pommes stand here in Austin with my ex old lady around 10 years ago during a trip to Germany. She was pretty well-versed in double-frying process back in the day. Planned on bringing her over in a consulting role for a month to help get the business off the ground. Unfortunately, she couldn't swing it because her mom's age.

Totally. I worked at a chip stand in high school (basically it's the Canadian version of a food truck and serves burgers, fries, dogs, pronto pups, etc.)

Every morning before we opened we would half cook a huge batch of fries (which we called "pres" as in short for pre-cooked.) This made the fries substantially better and saved a lot of cooking time for the on demand orders.

To answer the question, any fries slathered in cheese and gravy >> any fries not slathered in cheese and gravy.

Steak fries are shit. There’s no redeeming quality.

McD’s are the best.

Chick-fil-a waffle fries are good.

I do like a good crispy tater tot.

Raising Canes are good, but as others have noted fine line if they get soggy on the way home.

Steak fries are shit. There’s no redeeming quality.

McD’s are the best.

Chick-fil-a waffle fries are good.

I do like a good crispy tater tot.

Raising Canes are good, but as others have noted fine line if they get soggy on the way home.
Our local Cracker Barrel got rid of steak fries. Thank you Lord.

Reactions: bbonds
mcdonalds_french_fries_food_fast_hd-wallpaper-19852.jpg

McDonald's burgers may not be the best but their fries are!

When I think great fries this is the only place that comes to mind.

That said, I actually prefer onion rings or tater tots..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT