ADVERTISEMENT

Youngstown State (2-0) @ Kentucky (2-0) 9/17

RingoLucky

Sophomore
Dec 21, 2020
Youngstown state has wins over Duquense and Dayton.
Will CRod return? Do we come in focused and take care of them and N Illinois in back to back weeks?
It’d be nice to see a real actual blowout the next couple of weeks

This is the blowout. FCS squad. N Illinois is a solid G5 team right now. Usually is of late. Good game against them won't likely see a 52 point win. >28? Sure, if we are hitting on all 8 cylinders.

Ugly, 38-17 or something. Stoops isn’t going to embarrass Youngstown and we’ll be flatter than a pancake coming off this emotional high.

I think we’ll put a solid show against NIU and I don’t think they’re as good as I thought. They only beat E. Illinois by a tuddy and trialed Tulsa 24-7 yesterday before a furious rally.

It'll be tough but I hope UK can be motivated to play well. Hard not to be flat after their UF performance but '23's going to be a major rebuild, young guys need some PT. Hope they can build a lead and turn the second half over to backups.

If Stoops has a 3 score lead in the second half he will only pass to move the sticks. If he has a 4 score lead, he won't pass at all. Just the way he coaches.

Reactions: catben
Ugly, 38-17 or something. Stoops isn’t going to embarrass Youngstown and we’ll be flatter than a pancake coming off this emotional high.

I think we’ll put a solid show against NIU and I don’t think they’re as good as I thought. They only beat E. Illinois by a tuddy and trialed Tulsa 24-7 yesterday before a furious rally.
Forgot I saw that E Illinois final from last week.

If Stoops has a 3 score lead in the second half he will only pass to move the sticks. If he has a 4 score lead, he won't pass at all. Just the way he coaches.

I understand not passing with Levis with a big score, but the backup QBs have zero game experience, so I would love to run it up enough by half time to give the backups an opportunity to just run the offense.

You can still be respectful of the opponent and allow backups to just run the offense.

All cylinders with our offensive weapons means that the score would be limited solely by the discretion of Stoops and Co. I like the sound of that.
Aren't both their wins over BAD FCS teams...oops, that was NIU. Neither has beaten an FBS opponent. All we need is a little focus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT