ADVERTISEMENT

Youngest team in the country

Cal is paid by the university and people of Kentucky to put UK in the best possible position to win titles. The end. He's not paid one dollar to send kids pro ASAP. The job is to convince them to stay for the program. This has always been the job description.

Cal believes his way puts the program in the best position by utilizing players first. I'm cool with that until it hinders the ultimate goal. And it has been somewhat imo. Cal has probably cost himself a title or two by not allowing himself to play the "return" card. I think he'd pull the best even if he did, but to him he can't. I think it's ego.

He has no method to return guys and doesn't really try. If he did he would lose his recruiting pitch. He's not going to do it.

So to me it's a catch 22. We just have to hope he strings together another title in the process. If he stays he will in sure of it.

As for youth as an excuse, it doesn't fly. Cal builds the roster exactly how he wants it. If I prefer to buy a used car, I can't complain when the car isn't brand new.
As always, you're spot on.

Reactions: crpoore
LOL. Yeah Cal has been awful here. He can't coach at all. The 2011 OSU and UNC games did not happen...neither did 2014 WST, UL, Michigan and Wisconsin (allwithout WCS except WST). Give me a break...the guy took UMASS and Memphis to the final four...he beat 96 UK. You sir know NOTHING aobut basketball.
Titles titles titles. Its all that counts

Titles titles titles. Its all that counts
Last time I checked we're doing pretty damn good when it comes to titles since we're 2nd all time. To expect a title every year is crazy. The goal is to be in the hunt for a title as much as possible and Cal does that better than any other coach out there imo. I predict Cal will win another one soon and hopefully all this ignorant nonsense will come to an end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT