ADVERTISEMENT

You were warned

Warned? Really? Cal had to go and we lucked out with how it finally occurred. I have to believe that the decision to hire Mark Pope has some behind the scene things that will prove positive. There has to be, right? I sure hope so.

One thing for certain, he is going to bust his butt to make Kentucky a winning program which wasn't happening with Cal. Plus, when it came out that Cal had his people reaching out to Ohio State during the season how can anyone think his departure was anything bad?

This is a disaster. BCG was as well. mitch did that one on his own as well. when we had to fire the drunk 2 years later they took it outta mitch's hands. they should have done it this time. Mitch is insane he hires like we some church school.

Reactions: taydaddy
This is a disaster. BCG was as well. mitch did that one on his own as well. when we had to fire the drunk 2 years later they took it outta mitch's hands. they should have done it this time. Mitch is insane he hires like we some church school.
This guy was a member of our most loved team ever. I wouldn't call him a disaster yet.

Cal could’ve needed to go and this hire have been a bad one. They aren’t mutually exclusive. It was clear Cal wasn’t getting back to what he was. It was time to move on. We still could’ve made a better hire.

The problem is Mitch. Pitino or Pearl would definitely have been better hires. But Dumbo Mitch. Pope sadly is and will be dead on arrival. Terrible hire.
He will be better than you think. I will wait to pass judgement and the next year.

Everyone was ready to shove Cal out the door. I, along with a few other said "the next hire could set us back". We were ridiculed, called names, and shunned. Now people are freaking out over a hire that is not all that bad. My only concern is IF he fails, it ruins his legacy in Lexington (see Kenny Payne)
Not only did Kenny not play here so it’s different. But I’d argue Kenny Payne is beloved by the fan base after 12 wins.

Let's get one thing straight. Many were unhappy about Cal being the coach here, but that asshole left like a thief in the night after doing a press conference with MB about staying here. Meanwhile, that rat bastard had planned his exit for months and had even attempted to get a deal at OSU. Arkansas fell for his B.S. and the rest is history. But had Cal not left, he'd still be on the sidelines for at least one more season. Maybe more.

These chicken littles posting hourly about how we "ran Cal off" or somehow forced him out are absolutely full of it. He left on his own after having "won" and demoralized his detractors for at least another off-season.

I’m gonna say this. If Pope can show that he can get players, I’d rather have him over any other tier 2 guy that has already been mediocre at bigger programs. We don’t know what Pope will do with UKs name. Pearl hasn’t ruled the world, nor has Shaka, Beard had one hot season, Oates team are poorly coached( if they shoot well they win, that’s the only way they can win). Of the realistic options I would have preferred Billy D for selfish reasons or Drew but after than I’m fine with an up and comer. Golden has never won a game in the NCAA either and people have been all over him.

My initial reaction the this hire was laughter, then confusion, then unmitigated rage.

I’ve calmed down a bit. Look, let’s give the guy a shot. Next year could be tough but he plays an exciting style of basketball and he’s one of our own. I just bought a set of magic undergarments to wear on game days. I hope Mark succeeds here.

Reactions: RondosRevengeTour
My initial reaction the this hire was laughter, then confusion, then unmitigated rage.

I’ve calmed down a bit. Look, let’s give the guy a shot. Next year could be tough but he plays an exciting style of basketball and he’s one of our own. I just bought a set of magic undergarments to wear on game days. I hope Mark succeeds here.
As long as Barney is gone before marks presser i think the fanbase can rally around the pope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT