ADVERTISEMENT

You Might Want to Sit Down For This One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've accepted the fact that Cal has carved out a niche in how he recruits. He feels this gives him the best opportunity to succeed. I can understand that, but why make comments publically like our #1 goal is to get players in the draft and a draft night is the best night in UK history. I know he does it to get recruits attention, but it's beyond ridiculous.

I've accepted the fact that Cal has carved out a niche in how he recruits. He feels this gives him the best opportunity to succeed. I can understand that, but why make comments publically like our #1 goal is to get players in the draft and a draft night is the best night in UK history. I know he does it to get recruits attention, but it's beyond ridiculous.

It looks like you've worked it through and answered your own question; but refuse to accept that it is, in fact, the answer. Using your words, "[h]e feels this gives him the best opportunity to succeed."

Reactions: brianpoe

It looks like you've worked it through and answered your own question; but refuse to accept that it is, in fact, the answer. Using your words, "[h]e feels this gives him the best opportunity to succeed."

Doesnt make a lot of sense Chuck, think Pips right.

You can say whatever you want, but they weren't playing well at that point and should have been pulled from the game.
This was the meaning of my post until he twisted it to fit his needs. They were playing badly and he never once looked to the bench for help, if they played such good defense on the other end then they played extremely bad on offense. No one here can say if they played great in the last five minutes their stock would not have gone up. I think it would have and that was the reasoning for leaving them in. And for the guy that told me to go back to the UL board, you can kiss my a$$.

This was the meaning of my post until he twisted it to fit his needs. They were playing badly and he never once looked to the bench for help, if they played such good defense on the other end then they played extremely bad on offense. No one here can say if they played great in the last five minutes their stock would not have gone up. I think it would have and that was the reasoning for leaving them in. And for the guy that told me to go back to the UL board, you can kiss my a$$.
I don't think the Harrisons being in the game at the end had anything to do with draft stock. I think it had to do with the fact the previous year (and a couple of times during the season) those guys pulled the games out of their butts to win; Aaron especially. No one was playing well that game; it was any number of things. Booker was getting abused on defense, Ulis was off. Won't even discuss WCS. I hate to say it, because I do trust in our coach for the most part; but he thought the Harrisons would do the miracle thing again, so he went with it. That was where he made his biggest mistake, IMO
There were several games during the season that, by all rights, we should have lost, but didn't. It became easy to assume that no matter what, a way would have been found to win.

I am going to lock this thread. Seven month old threads should not be reopened. Please open a new thread if you want to discuss a subject as posters may not be around to defend their opinion from seven months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT