ADVERTISEMENT

You make sure Reed is paid big time nil

And stays 3 years. He will go down as an all time top 5 player. He has the genetics and a passion unmatched. This dude gets it. He will be good in the nba eventually but has greatness in the college game written all over him.

If Reed Sheppard played his high school ball any where in America besides eastern Kentucky. He would have been a candidate for national player of the year in the 2023 class.

I told all the naysayers that the kid was more athletic than what everyone thought. A lot of people said he couldn't play at this level. I got to watch him a lot in regional tournaments and knew he was an explosive athlete. He will be fun to watch the next few years.

Reed will be an interesting case study on how much a program's tradition and name really mean to kids these days. Tons of people on here think a program means something to recruits and that they come here for Kentucky. I personally disagree and think it's all about coaches, NIL, and getting to the NBA. That's all kids care about. If Reed leaves after year one or two I wonder if people will finally realize in 2023 high school kids don't care about what a program did decades ago.

Reed will be an interesting case study on how much a program's tradition and name really mean to kids these days. Tons of people on here think a program means something to recruits and that they come here for Kentucky. I personally disagree and think it's all about coaches, NIL, and getting to the NBA. That's all kids care about. If Reed leaves after year one or two I wonder if people will finally realize in 2023 high school kids don't care about what a program did decades ago.
If Reed comes back next year, it will be because it's in his best interest, not just because he respects UK tradition, IMO.

Reactions: Zissou87
Like right now there should be a reed Shepard collective. He can overcome Cals bad coaching. Go get the money!!!!

3.5 million for end of the lottery. He should be able to get 10 million if he stays 3 years

Reactions: jayroon
I'm sure he already gets huge NIL because of his last name and being from KY.

If his dream is to play in the NBA he will go when he wants to go anyways, irregardless of NIL.
Regardless*, irregardless is a word but it’s a double negative. They also mean the same thing in use. That’s my contribution to grammar police for the day 😊 . Just messing with ya for real.

I hope he loves it here and wants to really be a program legend. That said If he wants to be a pro player, and who wouldn’t. He will leave, and nobody could blame him. Steph Curry makes 51 million a year in on court earnings. That’s dumb, plus his endorsements.

Idk, he puts in a few more performances like that and he's going in the 1st round.

But the hope here is that who he is, being from Kentucky and his father.. that he will have some big NIL opportunities. You might be able to squeeze another year out of him if NIL can get him into the 6 or 7 figures.

We should just be thankful that he plays for UK and that we get to watch him play the game he loves.

Why would you conclude that a guy leaving early means he doesn't care about the program? I guess we would have to agree on what it means to care about a program. Why do we have to have this all or nothing approach to it. A guy who realizes he needs to pursue an oppurtunity to better himself and see his dream fullfilled doesn't mean he doesn't care about the program. Some of you are so shallow in your thought processes.

Reactions: lazycat75
Not sure what other NIL deals he has, but he’s doing commercials for Forcht Bank. I heard one on the radio the other day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT